• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Grave_Digger_ vs Archipelago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello Moderators!

I want to challenge Grave_Digger_ in a terraining challenge!

The Hive Workshop
Challenge Request
GoatFish.jpeg

Challenge Theme:

Terraining

Challenger:

Me, Archipelago

Opponent(s):

Grave_Digger_

Challenge Duration:

8 days

Proposed Reputation Award:

5 Points

Challenge judging:

I would like Gilles to be the judge ;)

Map-specific conditions:
Theme:

Underwater...

File size:

No specified limit here...

Imports allowed:

No imports

Optimization/protection:

Not neccesary...

Other:

You are not allowed to use the UTM

Model-specific conditions:

File size:

No imports

Polycount:

No imports

Other:

No imports

Texture-specific conditions:

File size:

Other:

Other challenge conditions:
Details:

This competition will be made only by what the normal WE has to offer. Though you can use all models thats already there, resize them, change color and make them lie down or stuff like that....

Level 34
The contest is accepted and starting. You have exactly eight days to make an underwater terrain. Good luck you guys. :smile:

Level 34
I haven't forgotten you guys, in case you're worrying. You guys made it hard, I really don't know who should win. I'll finish it today though.

Level 34
Grave_Digger_

Overall Appearance: 6/10 - It's a bit too dark, units don't generally look good in terrains.
Theme: 3/5 - It's obviously underwater, but you could have done much better with things like bubbles, and fish.
Creativity: 1/5 - I don't see any creativity to really speak of. Many underwater terrains consist of Naga looking at the screen.
Technical: 6/10 - Some decent tile variation, and about the right amount of shrubs used, but the coral doesn't suit the rest of the terrain, and the lighting could have used more work.

Total: 16/30
Archipelago

Overall Appearance: 7/10 - Looks pretty good. The light doesn't look great, it never does at that angle.
Theme: 3/5 - Same as Grave Digger.
Creativity: 1/5 - Same as Grave Digger.
Technical: 7/10 - Good tile variation, pretty good use of doodads, but I didn't like how the terrain ended so quick. I guess it's hard to see underwater, but I get the impression that there's nothing beyond the foreground. You should have actually terrained past the fog, just to make sure it didn't give that ending feel.

Total: 18/30
Archipelago is our winner!

Status
Not open for further replies.