• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pyritie's musics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh_shit__music__by_Pyritie.png

Tune in the beginning isn't mine - it's originally from a sample from a free music maker that I got from a cereal box ages ago.

Attachments

• first.mp3
    720.8 KB · Views: 2,433
Last edited:
Level 3
Holy nice music for your fist time :p

You should be an official music maker for maps, I know if I ever bother to make a map worthy of hiveworkshop than I would be glad to use your music in it.

Keep up the good music,
KeKeKe

Holy nice music for your fist time :p

You should be an official music maker for maps, I know if I ever bother to make a map worthy of hiveworkshop than I would be glad to use your music in it.

Keep up the good music,
KeKeKe

Ha, 8bit's much easier to make than most music you'd find in modern games simply because there aren't very many instruments :p All you really have to do is come up with a tune and you're pretty much done

http://modplug.com if anyone else wants to try. I can give links to the VSTs (instrument plugins) I used

Level 15
It's pretty awesome! I love it!

You know, the best part when making music is collecting lots of VST instrument plugins. The synthesizers pack a lot of stunning presets, and they're very useful.

Keep up the great work, Pyritie!

Level 12
Wow, sounds like something I heard on a game-boy color (which I happen to be the last one earth to use one, apparantly.)

Very nice though. I'm gonna try this for a game using a tool on yoyogames.com called gamemaker. It makes games with pretty low res, so it would fit better than putting this music in a 3-d one.

Wow, sounds like something I heard on a game-boy color (which I happen to be the last one earth to use one, apparantly.)
Well the plugin I used is supposed to be a gameboy sound emulator :D

Very nice though. I'm gonna try this for a game using a tool on yoyogames.com called gamemaker. It makes games with pretty low res, so it would fit better than putting this music in a 3-d one.
ah, good ol' gamemaker

Wow, i accually have 2. (gameboy colors)

Great music pyritie! may i use it in my map???

Sounds like video game music from like the Super Nintendo/Sega Genesis just a bit more realistic with the bell sounds.

I notice you used the Gunshot patch for the drum sounds, if your computer has it you should check some of the other MIDI drum patches (that still can have their pitch controlled):

114: Steel drums
115: Woodblock
116: Taiko Drum
117: Melodic Tom
118: Synth Drum
119: Reverse Cymbol (good more for effects then drums)

I'm not sure how the program your using works with patches but I figured I'd bring these up in case you didn't know about them (idk, you could just be sticking to the Gunshot patch simply since it has the old video game vib to it anyways)

-The Taiko drum sounds good if use it simultaneously with the synth drum

lol, well they sound pretty much EXACTLY like midi's (though the bells do sound a bit more realistic, the "Drum" patch sounds just like the Gunshot patch for MIDI). Pretty cool.

-To tell you the truth this song is like Deja-vu to the first route song in the original pokemon series, its not exactly the same but its very similar - twice as catchy though.

Level 18
yeah thats the one, though I think the ones from the later games (I think gold/silver had the same song just a bit more full sort of like Pyrities song)

I noticed how the Silver/Gold track sounded a lot more clear compared to the one in Red/Blue.
It was still the same track though.
I guess I got to check this one for Silver/Gold.

It really is a small similarity, but enough to give you that Pokémon feeling. ^^;

Exactly my point. it seems to jump to differet parts of the song, instrad of flowing into them smoothly, and the ending is... jittery.

That could simply be the style - this song seems like it belongs in an old Nes or Genesis racing game, which would have fast songs like this that don't necessarily flow like something slower.

-For some reason I'm getting deja vu on the ending, I know I've heard that same ending in some song from a video game but I dont remember which

Edit:
Just wondering, what happened to 4 and 5? I see you label your songs by number

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.