• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

What's the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
I think Approved is used when the moderator has not given any proper written review, only checked that the map works and doesn't break the rules.

Reviewed could be used when there is a proper written review.

However for spells at least, I do not ever use the Reviewed option. If I mark a resource Reviewed instead of Approved, it will not show up in your resource list at the control panel.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Initially, we had Approved, Rejected and Pending maps. Then I suggested the creation of Reviewed maps for those that have been reviewed by more than the moderator himself and therefore carry a less biased view.

In the process of reviewing a map, I'd assemble a team of testers and we'd test the game online. Then, each member of the crew (rather, almost all of them, Rao Dao Zao doesn't like posting :p) posted a review on the map and rated it. The moderator rating on Reviewed maps would be the average of the team's ratings, approximated to the nearest unit. The objective of Reviewed status was this exactly: make the moderator comment&rating a little more democratic and less biased, concomitantly accrediting its position as a Hive Workshop approved map.

This happened at the time when I and bounty_hunter2 were the only moderators of the Maps section.

This process was discontinued when ap0calypse and then Kobas took over, I believe, whilst I got appointed to other duties: first Dev Director, then PurplePoot returned and I stepped down, PurplePoot eventually left and I was made admin shortly thereafter. That left me little time to keep reviewing maps.

The primary problem, however, is that the system was made automatic by Ralle at some point. As a consequence, last I checked, a moderator could not set a map to Reviewed status by choice anymore: it can only get there by marking comments (posts) on the map as reviews (moderators can do this).

Regardless, the system doesn't function because, when you press Reviewed Maps, the list you get is not affected by the time factor—the system doesn't seem to register when the map was put in Reviewed. The reviewed maps list is sorted (I think) by NUMBER of comments marked as reviews. Obviously, that insures that Callex and TKF's "Solar Conquest" has been the top reviewed map for years now, because no map has been reviewed by these many people.

I believe I asked Ralle to return the system to its former self somewhere in time, no idea what happened then.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.