• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New styles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi everyone,
What about other styles for THW website?:vw_wtf: There are only three style yet (night elf and terran and low graphics). I though about human, orc, undead and naga and demonic style, too.
Yoiu can give other new style ideas, too, i think the website would be better is there would be more styles, themes. This would affect the reputation pictures, too.
So use our imagination, and give new ideas, please! :thumbs_up:

Level 51
Anarchian and Ralle are working on an "complete" (correct me if I'm wrong) ovehaul of the hive, Vengancekael described it as "Hive 2".

Also, making a new theme needs much effort and eats extremly much time. If you would have searched through the forum (which you should do next time ;)), you would have found similiar threads to this, where it got explained multiple times that it's to much complexitiy.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Like I stated previously, we'll implement styles as long as, for one, you make them, and two, they are of decent quality.
Still, Archian designed many new themes for Hive 2 and they seem to match the part of the forum (WC3, SC2 or D3) that you're in, so I think they will not be changeable by choice and, therefore, it will be pointless to have more themes, but I'll ask before any panic.

Level 15
Thanks, both of you. Yes, i know it requires a lot of time to make a new theme. I will search through the forum to look for more threads about this. Archian and Ralle made excellent styles, tell them that i think this, please. I think that styles are enough, too, but maybe it would be really more spectacular if we had more styles.

Level 14
Like I stated previously, we'll implement styles as long as, for one, you make them, and two, they are of decent quality.
Still, Archian designed many new themes for Hive 2 and they seem to match the part of the forum (WC3, SC2 or D3) that you're in, so I think they will not be changeable by choice and, therefore, it will be pointless to have more themes, but I'll ask before any panic.

Hello General Rui,

Kate Lockwell here.

Will you still be keeping the Night Elf theme for Hive2?

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

No, by the looks of it, the Night Elf theme as we know it will sadly be gone once Hive 2.0 is complete.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
The night elf theme won't be gone completely, but it will be adjusted to the new looks of the website. It appears we are getting a maximum of 980px range wide window, Wikia style. I REALLY hate those =\ Part of why I prefer WoWpedia over WoWWiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.