• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New DC rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been brwosing through the DCed models, and I noticed there are too many models that don't actualy don't deserve a DC.

So I suggest new rules for DCing, so that not every model can be DCed.

1. Must have a portrait
2. Relative low poly and file size
3. must be put some effort in modeling/skinning, so no simple geomerges etc.

DCs aren't just about how it looks, it's about every espect of the model

you would have had to download every single one of those models to find out if they had a portrait or not.

did you?

and there was a 3385 poly model that was awarded DC. but, can you say, with a straight face, that that model is not awesome?

i very much doubt there are ANY simple geomerges in that archive, excluding model skins.
I haven't downloaded every DCed model to chack if they had portraits, but it's a good guideline for the future, isn't it?

Level 12

The fact is that this game's models are extremely low poly compared to other games latelly, so what you would call high poly is actually a model with a normal number of polys.

DCs are about how the model looks, because models are eye candy , no player cares about the other aspects of a model and models are supposed to be used in games not to be studied.

Vexorian said:

The fact is that this game's models are extremely low poly compared to other games latelly, so what you would call high poly is actually a model with a normal number of polys.
Sigh, you know what I mean, low poly and file size for wc3.

Vexorian said:

DCs are about how the model looks, because models are eye candy , no player cares about the other aspects of a model and models are supposed to be used in games not to be studied.
Portraits are also eyecandy...

Level 11
However, a resource is good if you only have to import it in order to work and do no further changes to it (unless it comes to balancing in the case of the spells, where you may want to change some values, case in which those values should be easily changed by adding some special functions). Yes, this applies to Models, Skins, Icons and Spells (as far as I know, these are the basic resources).

~Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.