• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Model Section Submission Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've added new rules for the models section in the models forum. All models not following these guidelines will be deleted starting now. They can be found at http://wc3sear.ch/viewtopic.php?p=85139#85139.

I am starting to crack down on all of the bad geomerges out there, along with enforcing poly limits and some technical rules like animation- and skin-less models, models that only work in Wc3viewer, etc. thats a short summary, check out the rules for in-depth coverage, and expect frequent updates.

Thanks!

DDNGW

Level 15
Reviewing every model would be good practice to enforce this.

Models above 3000 polys will be deleted. They are absolutely useless.

Exceptions being glue screens. Perhaps you can add a glue category.

Uploading any of Xaran's, Cookie's or RCX's models WILL result in an IP ban, unless you are one of those three people

You really like to hammer this one :p

Your attachment tutorial is bad. People should use the sphere ability and save a LOT of problems.

Level 11
Good job stopping bad submiters.(sorry for the short comment...you realy don't want to hear my congratulatory metaphor...)

I have good news for you ddngw...
I may have found a way to export blender models to warcraft with rigging,animations and unwrap not distorted or deleted.
I'll email you a couple of exporters and insrtuctions, just post your email here.
And good luck with your model moderating. :D

i dont really like geomerges, or the concept of geomerging at all, but i appreciate alot of the work people have done with it.

and halo, if it's called Warblender, i've already seen it. long story short, piece of crap.

if not, i've probably already seen it. almost 2.5 years of surfing the internet to find a working script have brought me almost nowhere.
if its not warblender, go ahead and email it to me at [email protected] and i'll tell you if i've seen it or not.

Level 17
I thought you already did a cleanup some time ago...
Ps: there should be some models (mainly geomerges) that use a custom path for textures included in the warcraft mpq; so they won't work unless you import the skins too. What are you going to do with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.