• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Anti-Spyware Scan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
A week ago I was browsing the internet, and everytime I browsed the hives general forums I would be re-directed to anti-Spyware which is indeed a virus irself that installs PS (Personal Security) the virus displays fake rogue and Trojan virus warnings. Anyway after removing all malware form my computer and doing a few other tasks iw as able to get rid of the virus. Initially I blamed Hive's ads that were spreading the virus. I then maybe thought it was something wrong with my computer, but its happened at several locations, (my house, School, Friends house) which ensured me its not a problem with my computer.

Anyone Else seen this?

Level 7
For me as well, i've scowered through my registry and other files attempting to find some sign of the actual virus on my own computer, and alas any files, .dlls, or registries that are apparently suppose to be there when the virus is actually on your computer have been impossible for me to find.

I initially thought the virus picked one of my most visisted, and certaintly one of the more trusted ones, and then attacked remotely from my computer in order to snare me in a trap of sorts, but like most anything that pops up of its own free will, I am very skeptical of.

It's been getting worse and worse on the hive, it use to only happen when I went into the starcraft 2 section, now I try to look at a map and there goes my window.

Level 11
I keep getting the "Your computer may be infected with a virus, scan now"
Seems now it is being blocked but still changing pages...

I know one piece of it is the AntiVirus 2010... (Its a fake virus scan program)
It tries to look like windows drives and when you click to scan it infects your computer with a program called antivirus 2010... but it turns off your firewalls and stuff and shows up in your control panel.

It can be saved by a quick system restore.. or microsoft hotfixes..

I'm also getting redirected like mad here, It only happens on some pages however...

Like in my pictures album and on searching for models... rarely has it happend in the forums (i dont think it has yet)

I have used scans that claim they remove the malware from my pc .. but yet i continue to get them back when i come here... not sure if it's me or this site so Im not gonna assume.

I have seen it on other web sites, not major ones but some lower profile ones. (Seems the virus is updated every year since the last antivirus was 2009 2008 2007) So i wouldnt blame Hive it is a major thing going around, virus scanners dont seem to be catching it so well. (just dont click any virus alerts unless they are coming from your virus scanner directly... and not a web based url.)

Level 4
I don't believe this only happens on the hive, its happened to me multiple times on other websites. It probably works like a pop-up, saying you have a virus and "SCAN NOW OR YOUR COMPUTER WILL BLOW UP" type of thing.

EDIT: I have never gotten the anti-virus pop-up on the hive.

Level 22
I got it on the other computer, had 09 version of this shitty virus. As it might be the ads, maybe the ad companies are corrupted to? Dunno but if I remembered correctly you can't cancel this scanning install procedure so you better cut the light off or have a nice and fresh back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.