• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #2 - Mountains

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it doesn't
Here is my official submisson, map file attached, as well as image.

PWNT.

Attachments

• OMG FINAL SUBMISSION.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 61
  • Final Pix.png
    Final Pix.png
    883.1 KB · Views: 1,426
Last edited:
Hawkwing's Final Submission [June 01, 2008. Terrain Contest #2]

Well, here is my final submission. I added some details into the volcano and the "shrine". Hopefully I wont come in last now, ;)

Good luck to my competitors. May the best terrainer, *cough* HT *cough*, win.

Attachments

• Terrain - Hand of Gul'Dan.w3x
    1.6 MB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot9-FinalSubmission.jpg
    Screenshot9-FinalSubmission.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 706
Level 23
Yeah, but to improve it requires us to know what to improve. And some of us don't know what else to improve. So that's where people tell us what needs improving.

Edit: What I have here is my version 11 of my submission. Please tell me what I need to improve.
pompei11.jpg

Last edited:
Level 8
Whoot! Seeing a lot of bootiful terrains dudes, keep up the good work :thumbs_up: I was going to enter this actually, but I could'nt come up with a good idea. That and the fact that I couldn't really be arsed as I am too lazy :ugly: Probably a good job I didn't seeing as none of my ideas would've stood up in the running with some of these :wink:

Gilles, if you are in dire need of help with the judging I'll give you a hand if you like :cool:

Level 12
What up with the water megafyr? Also you can see a line in the sky and it looked better with the other fog so you couldnt see the background quite clear.

Also, anyone knows what happened to rulerofiron? He said he would enter, I was looking forward to his terrain.

Level 34
Gilles, if you are in dire need of help with the judging I'll give you a hand if you like :cool:
Alright, if I do get others to help, you'll be one. I may just do it myself, although that seems a bit biased and won't give as good results, I think I'd be a pretty fair judge. Also it's easier.

Level 34
July. I may speed it up, we have so many entries. First time a judge has had to end a contest early!

Level 19
here's my final! added some trees and an extra mountain:grin:

( I had to remove alot of models from the utm map to make its size under 5mb)

Attachments

• screen shot 9.jpg
    screen shot 9.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 2Ultimate Terraining Map7.w3x
    4.8 MB · Views: 24
Level 34
Shit. I meant to put June not July, I mix the two a lot. If you look at the amount of days, it was supposed to be 31. I apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.