• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ability Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hello.

I'm here to request an ability. The ability itself is pretty simple but I don't know how to do one so that's why I'm here.

Damage Shield

Creates a powerful shield to an allied unit that can can absorb up to X damage. The shield can be strengthen and maximum the shield can store X damage.

Please make it with GUI so I can easily edit it.

The spell will be used for The Chosen Ones campaign as a "spell book spell". You'll get credits and rep as a reward.

Last edited:
Level 5
Almost what you requested can be found here.
It's 2 spells (download map from last post in the thread). 1st one is a passive that reduces damage by percentage of intelligence, 2nd is a castable shield like you requested, no spellbook dummy yet, though (still based off of intelligence of casting hero).
Post again if this isn't sufficient for your purposes and then exactly post the values and dependencies you'll need,ok? :)

Level 37
Yea, well, the ability in your map works a little bit differently than I want it to work.

This is yours:

"Prevents damage on the targeted unit equal to twice your current intelligence. Buff lasts 10 seconds or until exhausted."

This is mine:

"Creates a powerful shield to an allied unit that increases armor by 10 and can can absorb up to X damage. Only one shield can be affected at the same time and the shield will fade out when it reaches zero or another shield is cast."

The idea of yours is that it reduces some damage and my idea is that there's a shield where the damage goes instead the unit takes damage.

So we got a problem. :/

Level 5
Shouldn't be too hard to rewrite ^^
Just tell me if you want this stuff being 1 shield per caster, 1shield per player caster or 1shield per alliance.

Still, you haven't told me what your 'x' should be and how much levels the ability got.. btw.: the +10 armour are easily done by a modified inner fire via dummy cast (with duration 99999999999999).. and removing the buff isn't much work either... just give me full details and I modify the spell as you want.. as told before: if it doesn't match your criteria enough, I'll change according to your details :)

Level 37
This is a campaign so 1 player only. Hmm, there are actually two levels:

- First level you're able to cast it to one unit only
- Second level you're able to cast it to two units
- Also the duration is that 9999999999
- In the game cooldown is 60 seconds but in the test map you can make it like 1 sec or something
- 1) When another shield is cast 2) a unit with the shield dies 3) or the shield worns out THEN the shield is destroyed.
- About the armor don't make it with any basic blizzard spells because they're all used(indeed they are). Just use that item armor ability it's the best(add/remove ability).
- About the buff... I don't know about that

Still need more info?

Level 5
Mostly, it's fine :)
About the buff: thought of using an inner fire based ability, only with a custom buff - since it would be cast by a dummy unit, there would be no interfering with already existing inner fire abilities - thus the lazyness with not using add item ability + armour -> only shield code, custom buff to detect is a unit still has the ability (and making the whole ability purgeable).

So the only question left is whether you want this effect being remove by purge or whether you don't want that?
(will do the spell during the upcoming weekend - full house today and unit stuff tomorrow xD).
Hope you don't mind a little delay :)

Hello.

I'm here to request an ability. The ability itself is pretty simple but I don't know how to do one so that's why I'm here.

Damage Shield

Creates a powerful shield to an allied unit that increases armor by 10 and can can absorb up to X damage. Only one shield can be affected at the same time and the shield will fade out when it reaches zero or another shield is cast.

Please make it with GUI so I can easily edit it.

The spell will be used for The Chosen Ones campaign as a "spell book spell". You'll get credits and rep as a reward.

Are you looking for something similar to Aphotic Shield of Abaddon's DotA?

Level 17
So you want it be like this:
A spell that cast a shield that absorb eg: 50 damage
You cast it on one of your unit, the unit will absorb 50 damage (no 50 damage taken)
Then when the unit still have the shield, you cast it second time, now the shield has 100 damage abosorber

Level 5
Took me a bit time to finally sit down and do the spell, but finished.
Hoped to make it MUI, currently there is a flaw in the stuff.. it's only working properly as long as 1 player only has the ability and there is only 1 unit with that ability.
I know thisi s what you requested, but it's always good when you can use a request ofr more than 1 map ^^;
Anyways, hope this is what you wanted.
Armour goes back to normal 3 seconds after ability ends - since I've added the armour along with the buff via aura, I'm stuck with the hard-coded 3 seconds wear-off, so a little delay on the armour reduction after spellend there ^^;

Hope you don't mind too much - else you'll have to add in all the remove triggers the event - remove certain buff.
rest is commented in the map.

Attachments

• stackable damage block by ThaAthael.w3x
    20.5 KB · Views: 75
Level 37
Thanks for the hard work and dedication but I really need the spell to be able to cast many units.

And no need for that armor thing anymore, I realized it was a bit pointless and unoriginal.

So this means I'm still requesting this spell for TCO.

Damage Shield

Creates a powerful shield to an allied unit that can can absorb up to X damage. The shield can be strengthen and maximum the shield can store X damage.

Level 5
To summarize things up, since you scattered the infos across a bunch of posts (please correct anything that is wrong):
-Shield that absorbs damage
-+10 armour
-buff
-can be purged?
-multiple instances stack
-each caster (may be multiple ones per player) can keep up to level of the shield ability spells.
-what happens when such a caster dies?
-shield has no expiration time
-multiple instances of a shield stack with each other
-hero or upgrade ability?

AND: DON'T ALWAYS CONTRADICT YOURSELF, Aeroblyctos!

I really need the spell to be able to cast many units.
Creates a powerful shield to an allied unit that increases armor by 10 and can can absorb up to X damage. Only one shield can be affected at the same time ...
- First level you're able to cast it to one unit only
- Second level you're able to cast it to two units

If you change your mind every 2 posts, Aeroblyctos, nothing's gonna be finished ever.
If you want my version to be able being cast on an infinite number of units, just remove the conditions checking how many instances there are already. Then, that spell works MUI.
If you want the 2nd level giving more at once, insert an if/else clause checking the ability's level in the cast trigger.
If you want a lvl2 shield to have a higher max cap and a different buff (maybe even both versions stacking), things to change are a bit more.

Please, if you're still making this request, make 1 post that actually makes sense.
:goblin_jawdrop::goblin_jawdrop::goblin_jawdrop:
/ENDRANT

Level 37
- The shield that absorbs damage
- Buff if possible and easy to do(not that necessary)
- There won't be any spells that can disable the shield
- Multiple instances stack
- Multiple units can have the shield same time(however only 1 player)
- There will be a dummy caster, nothing happens when the caster dies
- Shield has no expiration time
- Multiple instances of a shield stack with each other
- The ability will actually have three levels, but you don't need to worry about that(doesn't effect when making the spell)

So yeah... I'll stick with this: " Creates a powerful shield to an allied unit that can can absorb up to X damage. The shield can be strengthen and maximum the shield can store X damage."

Sorry about being so confusing. In the first place I just tried to make it easier for you. Also I got some ideas and improvements for the ability while still requesting the ability. I know that's wrong and I'm sorry about it.

Level 5
Now just tell me what exactly the now 3 levels do, since that affects the spell making..
Rest is already achieved in the map, just need to remove some conditions.
Spell will be MUI and MPI, since you've removed the limit on how many shields can be active at a time :)

Any last minute changes you want included?
Oh, and is the spell a hero, unit or item ability?

Level 37
Hey thanks for the help you've given, it's ASTRONOMICAL!

Here are the info you still require:

- Unit ability
- First level: Ability has 60 second cooldown(only one target at this point)
- Second level(player can choose one upgrade only)
1) The ability has 60 second cooldown, but the power of the spell and the maximum capacity is increased by 50%(only one target)
2) The ability has 30 second cooldown, can be effected up to 3 units same time

EDIT: By the way if you're satisfied of your creation you can always put it to the spell section. The spell could be in other projects as well, I don't mind.

Last edited:
Level 5
So you're saying that the spell is 2 instances (on upgraded version 3 instances) per caster?
But multiple casters per player, only 1 player that has access though?

@spell section: if I can adjust this spell to becoming MUI as well as MPI, Icould make a spell pack when more useful stuff is produced.. but I believe posting only 1 spell that isn't completely MUI isn't worth for spell section.

I'll see what I can do over the weekend.

Level 5
1 player and 1 unit is actually casting this spell.

So basically, you've just changed again the already done request from 2 levels to 3 levels with upgrade question, rest as is.

Aeroblyctos, we already had that part with modifying requests every 2nd post already, didn't we? ;)
This is the last try I'll give. If the end result isn't fitting your desires, you'll need someone else.

Level 37
Hey, ThaAthael, can you please finish what you have started?

You have helped me extraordinarily much so far. I promise that I won't change the request anymore and I've truly now learned from my mistakes and I won't do this anymore, never again.

I really need this spell and I can't finish the next version without this spell. It would be waste that I had to request the spell from someone else as you've already almost finished everything, I believe.

So please, for the last time, can you help me to finish the case?

EDIT: Thread can be closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.