• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

【King Varian HQ】In-game Textures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
【Warcraft Human Heroes】In-game Textures

A new nersion of King Varian Wrynn model . and these pics are some wips . don't worry about the diferent colors , i'll fix them when i finish him . No custom textures . :ogre_haosis:
and he will has team colors with his armor .

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Now mesh is done
attachment.php

Terenas
attachment.php

Now mesh is done
attachment.php

Final meshes about five heroes
attachment.php

General Turalyon's final mesh
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20140412155822.jpg
    20140412155822.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 2,376
  • 20140413003715.jpg
    20140413003715.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 2,640
  • 20140413012245.jpg
    20140413012245.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 2,482
Last edited:
Level 18
Dude this is awesome! Are you gonna give him custom animations like Tauer's models or are you gonna give it in-game/WoW animations?

actually i am not good at animating . i can give him custom animations but this will take me a lot of time and it's not good enough for the model , too .
so maybe i will give him WOW animations as before .
now i started to make King Terenas . when i finish all of the human heroes , i will work for the animations .

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20140413225157.jpg
    20140413225157.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 2,142
  • 20140413225255.jpg
    20140413225255.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 2,312
Level 12
I think, you should use custom textures so you can add your own flavor to the model. Just give it a Warcraft-y look and maybe it'll have the same feel. Using in-game textures dont always look too good and either exaggerate the model too much or make the model look too poor. It doesnt look good when some parts of the model are HQ while some look like garbage. I suggest using custom textures like Tauer but its not my choice to make. Im merely suggesting every possible options to make your models look good and have the Warcraft feel at the same time.

Level 18
I think, you should use custom textures so you can add your own flavor to the model. Just give it a Warcraft-y look and maybe it'll have the same feel. Using in-game textures dont always look too good and either exaggerate the model too much or make the model look too poor. It doesnt look good when some parts of the model are HQ while some look like garbage. I suggest using custom textures like Tauer but its not my choice to make. Im merely suggesting every possible options to make your models look good and have the Warcraft feel at the same time.

thanks for ur advice , but it's not easy to make me controling my painting style . i always give the textures more detailed . so i chose in-game resources . it will save much space for a map and i will use many custom models in one map .

Level 12
Yep. Space is a sacrifice you'd have to make for a good model. Though whatever the outcome of your models will be in the end, I'll support you. Your models are amazing.

EDIT:Oh btw, you should rename this thread to something like "paladinjst's HQ Models w/ in-game textures"

Level 39
This is really awesome! I'm amazed at how you good you are at using ingame textures! Can't wait to test this one out mate :D

Well, I don't know if you've done any texturing work, but giving textures a specific style is not something you "just" do.. It's actually pretty hard. Because pretty much every artist has his own style and it's hard to just ignore that. I mostly make custom textures because I like doing it, want to improve my texturing skills and I'm just lucky enough that my own style is a bit close to Blizzard's (which is actually because paladinjst is way better at texturing that me, since some of Blizzard's WC3 textures tend to suck pretty bad. paladinjst's textures are simply too good for WC3 lol).
I've seen paladinjst's textures and they're fucking awesome. But as he said they might not always fit the WC3 style.
Now to be honest, I would love to see paladinjst make a custom texture for a WC3 model but if he prefers to keep to ingame textures I think that's totally cool as well.

Level 18
This is really awesome! I'm amazed at how you good you are at using ingame textures! Can't wait to test this one out mate :D

Well, I don't know if you've done any texturing work, but giving textures a specific style is not something you "just" do.. It's actually pretty hard. Because pretty much every artist has his own style and it's hard to just ignore that. I mostly make custom textures because I like doing it, want to improve my texturing skills and I'm just lucky enough that my own style is a bit close to Blizzard's (which is actually because paladinjst is way better at texturing that me, since some of Blizzard's WC3 textures tend to suck pretty bad. paladinjst's textures are simply too good for WC3 lol).
I've seen paladinjst's textures and they're fucking awesome. But as he said they might not always fit the WC3 style.
Now to be honest, I would love to see paladinjst make a custom texture for a WC3 model but if he prefers to keep to ingame textures I think that's totally cool as well.

thanks mate . thank u for saying these words . u really understand me .

a few works to show ~
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20140415004605.jpg
    20140415004605.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 2,654
Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Excellent! This is a really good collection you got going here, Paladinjst. I am loving your style, and the level of detail you put into these things.

I just... Where do you get these textures!? You Crazy, Mon.

Keep up the good work! Let me know when you get bored of Humans. xD

Level 18
I just... Where do you get these textures!? You Crazy, Mon.

when i started to create these models , i had to think about first . i watch the concept and find the textures which i could use , of course this need u have been very familiar with the warcraft MPQ data . then i should be paying attention to wireframe , that's very important for ur UV wrapping . and firstly u should limit the faces as possible as u can . cause after then maybe u will sacrifice some faces to make the UV wrapping close to the concept .

Art, like it.
thanks buddy~ :)

Woah, nice Terenas you have there. The crown and especially the face. Is that the Archmage's beard texture?

yes , i depart the face mesh so that to make his face looks much special . and i watched the cinematic and found that King Terenas had curly hair . so i used the archmage beard .

How many heroes you will do?! Those are really nice by the way...

currently i had finished Lothar , Uther HQ , Fordring , Danath ,
mesh finished : Varian , Anduin , Khadgar , Rhonin
still working :Terenas
planing to do next : Tulrayon (with T2 Paladin set)

and i won't make human heroes which has been changed . such as Mograine , Kel'thuzad , Bolvar , Dathrohan , Nathanos ...

here's the pics of all :
134199d1396972464-tauers-models-2-0-20131016122036.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

134191d1396957288-tauers-models-2-0-20140408194416.png

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20140416134215.jpg
    20140416134215.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 2,019
  • 20140416134516.jpg
    20140416134516.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,639
  • 20140416134030.jpg
    20140416134030.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 2,053
  • 20140416133918.jpg
    20140416133918.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 1,344
  • 20140413141714.jpg
    20140413141714.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 2,105
Level 18
Woah... Love the art, man, and it is your thread, but have you considered "hidden" tags for some of the bigger stuff? :p
actually i don't know how to use "hidden" tags .

That would be wise/ btw is that bald man Danath or Lothar?
the first one is Lothar and another bald man is Danath .

I really like the pouches on Ronin's belt.
glad to hear u like it . :ogre_haosis: at the first i ever tried to make diferent pouches , but then i found that it was difficult .

Bloody Hell, this is the unique's models I've seen, well there are others, but this ingame textures are epic
thanks , next one will be General Turalyon .

I could do animating for you :) I've gotten pretty neat at animating humanoid models :D
really a good news . but i haven't seen ur works about animations . will u show me some gif pics ?? :ogre_haosis:

Epic!!
Only one thing I'm not too fond of - his bracers. The marking on them sticks out a little too much I think. But you really captured the feel of Terenas, awesome!
You know, a few years ago I actually started on a Terenas as well - we really think alike hehe :p
thanks , buddy . actually the bracers also not fond of mine . i tried many textures to make them close to the WOW and cinematic . and it's difficult to find a better one . and yes , we always have the same ideas . so i really want to meet the predestined friend . :ogre_haosis:

Last edited:
Level 18
Man, those are some fi-i-i-ine looking models.

Not an official request, but do you plan on making a Varian or Bolvar models? Just asking.

like Heinvers said , i had finished Varian model ... actually i had ever made four version of him . (two custom textures and two in-game textures) now this version should be the last one i think .

and i won't make Bolvar . like i said before , i won't make the hero which has been changed . such as Bolvar , Mograine , Kel'thuzad , Nathanos , Dathrohan...

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
actually i don't know how to use "hidden" tags.
Ah. Well since it's BBCode, all the pertinent information for that (and stuff like it) can be found here.

However, it's basically just typing [hidden] and [/hidden] around the block of text, images, or whatever, that you want to hide. You can even write
, where "WORDS WORDS WORDS" is a title.

Or... Just quote this post and steal copy/paste the below. :p

thumb640x360.jpg

Level 18
Ah. Well since it's BBCode, all the pertinent information for that (and stuff like it) can be found here.

However, it's basically just typing [hidden] and [/hidden] around the block of text, images, or whatever, that you want to hide. You can even write
, where "WORDS WORDS WORDS" is a title.

Or... Just quote this post and steal copy/paste the below. :p

thumb640x360.jpg

attachment.php

Level 18
Just a thought, but what will be King Terenas' weapon?

Edit: By the way I am a big fan of the Tirion Fordring model :p keep up the awesome work

there is a quest named " Return the Statuette " in WOW game . the statuette is the young Terenas with long hair and welding hammer .
so the wowwiki said that he was a paladin . but i won't give this model a weapon , cause he is too old to hold a weapon . i just want to use him with a new warcraft campaigns . add him in the game will be more quest to create .

Status
Not open for further replies.