• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dividing River

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
----------Death Knight Presents----------

DIVING RIVER
Created by Nour (Death Knight 2000)

Map Info

Description : This Is One Of The Most Dangerous Forests In Londareon But There Is A River Dividing This Forest Into 2 Lands, so you must find a way to cross this River to defeat your opponent, maybe if you explored the rest of the land you'll find something ?

This Map Is Different (i'm not sure if someone made a map like this one) where you start next to your opponent and only A River and Trees preventing you from reaching your opponent

It's Also The First Map I've Ever Made, there was a Map "War Of Venice" which was empty, just players, gold mines and trees

Features

Well This Map is A Melee Map , No Custom Units, Abilities or Anything Else, But It Offers a Crazy Gameplay and you may have fun playing in this map

It Features
  • 8 Gold Mines (4 On Each Land)
  • Many Creeps, that's why it's dangerous
  • 6 Neutral Buildings

Screenshots

Image Description:
this is the full view of the map

Capture_zps8c2e78d9.png

Change Log:

Added:
  1. Posted The Map

Added:
  1. 2 Bridges Joining Between The 2 Islands
  2. 2 Hero Taverns
  3. Trees, Paths and Water at the edges of the map
  4. some hills
  5. Items dropped by Creeps when they die
  6. some decorations and critter
Removed:
  1. 2 Gold Mines With The Creeps Guarding Them
Fixed:
  1. The Unnatural Looking Trees On the sides of the river
Changed:
  1. Terrain
  2. Doodads

Author's notes:

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates
Contents

Dividing River (Map)

Reviews
21:03, 3rd Aug 2014 Orcnet: My review
Please , rework this map , The terrain is too flat , the tile is boring, the doodads is not properly used ...

SuggestionS :

Add small hills, or something that makes terrain not flat..
Add more tile variation, dirt, rough dirt, Thick grass etc ... You must look for some melee maps ...
The tree (doodads) , please make it more naturalistic ...
Put them into proper place...
Compare it to other melee maps and TADAHH !!!

I know you are a beginner, that's why practice and observing to the others map is the key to create good map :D

Comments:
- Add Tile Variation along with some doodads.
- The trees beside the river look robotic in formation.
- Put trees and cliffs on the map edges.
- I suggest you put a pathway through land because AI players do not buy transports.
- Don't overload every corner with monsters. Think of breathing space.
- The gold mines are too much for a regular map. Gold drain strategies won't work.
- Make the terrain look more natural rather than just made for that purpose.

Also, close Hidden Tags with "[/Hidden]".

Level 32
Suggestions (not a map review):

-Creeps should be more hidden and less on the path. Many players scout and harass their enemy in early game. Many wouldn't like it.
-The top left of the map is a lot more crowded than the bottom right. This means more towering up
-2 hero taverns would be nice (No creeps on the taverns though!)
-Put critters (Sheep, pigs, frogs, whatever)
-Like others, some more decorations would be nicer. Shrubs, flowers, rocks and such.

The map is approve-able though.
I do like the layout. You can either go air/zepplins, split your army, hit the enemy hard on one side, it's nice.

Last edited:
Level 32
Okay, I like the improvement. Sorry I forgot to suggest some things.

Select your creep camps and double click them, you'll end up on unit properties. Stay on the general tab, and look down. In target acquisition range, click camp. All blizzard melee maps do this to avoid creeps auto attacking from farther away.

Are you sure you want to keep the trolls near the bridges on the path? I really think they could be moved towards more the edge, near the trees.

EDIT: Oh and edit the screenshot when your done.

Last edited:
Level 5
Okay, I like the improvement. Sorry I forgot to suggest some things.

Select your creep camps and double click them, you'll end up on unit properties. Stay on the general tab, and look down. In target acquisition range, click camp. All blizzard melee maps do this to avoid creeps auto attacking from farther away.

Are you sure you want to keep the trolls near the bridges on the path? I really think they could be moved towards more the edge, near the trees.

yes , they're guarding the bridges :p

EDIT : I Uploaded The New Version with Creeps (CAMP RANGE)

Level 30
After testing the game's output and overall quality of the map, I must say this is more fitting of a practice value than giving it a shot for an upload, I don't want to disappoint your work and all but just to clarify some understandings:

-Since the map is more of a cut between borders like scenario, but the main bases are reversely next to each other the most obvious results would lead a player to do air unit raid against the enemy player through tier rush and quick access to expansions.

-Due to quick expansions, UD has the most fast way of air unit rush on the game with no enemy players on the lookout for nearby expansions for the other player to get in early as to blame the border, this gives in a terrible heat stroke for the losing dogma.

-With lacking FT neutral buildings, as well as decent amount of green creep camps to gain faster resources, games may lead to longer hours. depends on rush players

-The map is mostly build by a single tile and trees, nothing more, this gives low result of detail for the entire map, as well on strategic roundabouts for the game. Especially that natural bridge----tower+farm blockage? why not.

Overall, nice job for the work but I can be sure it must be better next time.