• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

-=Unforgettable World RPG=-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Unforgettable World

Hello my friends, at the moment I'm working on project called -=Unforgettable World RPG=-

-=Map-Information=-
Map Dimension: 352x352 - Playable 340x340!

THE STORY

In ancient times long before we humans first set foot on lands of Atry, there existed an almost immortal race, with a technology and magic far beyond our understanding. These creatures spent mosts of their days ironically plotting their own death and this death looming was the very cause for their downfall.
Tradition was that from the day one of these creatures turned ten, it was to prepare for its death - Its funeral ceremony to be exact. This was due to the very short lifespan of this race, they did at most only live for twenty years. Now one would tend to believe that such a race would never have reached the peak of advancement it did, but that was indeed true that they did - And all thanks to the Ways of Rebirth. A holy ritual that stored the dying bodies memories in containers to be used for the next generation, meaning that every time a new generation began, the collected knowledge and intelligence of the previous would be to their disposal. But then one day, after the death of the king, which was always chosen because of his or her wisdom, the ritual which the king had planned went horribly wrong.. It did not just take away the dying memories of the king, it took every single life, memory and soul of every creature on the entire island - including animals - and as the spell was designed for, it stored all of this in every possible container it could.. spreading the hidden knowledge everywhere around the city.

Now 400 years later, we humans have stepped upon this land of long forgotten tragic. We seek power as most humans do and we are ready to go to great lengths to achieve it. It didn't take long for us to discover just how useful the item containing for instance; a bear soul, could be against a normal opponent.
And when that discovery was made, the hunt for these containers and the war of memories began, in order to use all of this unforgettable world in War!

HEROES
Each Hero has 4 spells.
Mutineer: Primary Attribute: Agility
Spells:
1. Treachery
2. Anger
3. Power Slash
4. Oath Breaker

Canonist: Primary Attribute: Agility
Spells:
1. Canned explosives
2. Beaming Confidence
3. Precision Attack
4. Broadside Strike

Archaeologist
: Primary Attribute: Intelligence
Spells:
1. Pure Earth
2. Earth Shield
3. Nature Knowledge
4. Underground Shock

Arcanist: Primary Attribute: Intelligence
Spells:
1. Knowledgeable Surge
2. Frivolous Mist
3. Fiery Cage
4. Star Gazing

Brawler: Primary Attribute: Strength
Spells:
1: Fainting Tactics
2: Coward Punch
3: Grim Labor
4: Drunken Spite

NEED TO DO
Finish & Fix All Classes
Finish Terrain
Finish enemy units.
Finish Villages, Citys, Camps.
Fix some bugs.
Start Beta Version.

SYSTEMS
Save/Load System (CodeGen 0.5)
Custom Experience and Gold System (Thanks to ap0calipse for gold system)
Some Quests
Item Class System (1 Item per type and hero something like that my english is bad!)
Rage System
PvP System
Event System

---------------------

CREDITS

Norinrad - Good Job of Priest and Priest Icon
debode - Good Job of Arcanist and Arcanist Icon
Devine - Good Job of Warrior
Juan Ann - Good Job of Warrior Icon
Nasrudin - For great tree model
Ap0calypse - Gold system :>
TriggerHappy - Save System (CodeGen 0.5 - Best)
Special Credit:
RED BARON for Loading screen and Map prieview, Awesome story , awesome hero titles and spells titles ;> <3 !!! Thank you!
Unknown models:
Some Grass Models: Don't know who made this if it's your model, then send me message.

TEAM
Project Leader: Spoontoobig
Main Triggerer: .Talon
Other Triggerers: Spoontoobig
Terrainer: Dragonson
Modeler: - Still Looking for!
Icon Maker: - Still Looking for!

If you good and want to join PM ME :)...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEWS

Mount system added.

Screenshots

More Comming Soon!

Attachments

• Village.jpg
    Village.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 1,471
  • Some picture.jpg
    Some picture.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 328
  • Swamls.jpg
    Swamls.jpg
    316.2 KB · Views: 299
  • Desert Oasis.jpg
    Desert Oasis.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 1,350
Last edited:
Level 3
FEATURES
Finish Defender Class.
Finish and Fix Terrain.
Finish enemy units.
Finish Villages, Citys, Camps.
Fix some bugs.
Start Beta Version.

That's not features. That's to-do list.
This RPG does not seem to have anything original? Usual classes, usual spells. You may want something to make the map stand out of the crowd.
As for ideas, you could think of more original spell names. All of arcanist's spells contain word ''Arcane'', which is bad imo.

Last edited:
Level 28
The map dimension is... pretty huge o_O

I would change the name of the classes: Warrior, Ranger, ... - these are all a bit too standard and often not fun to play with.
Only the Arcanist has a good name, but then the name of his spells are too standard :/

Normally the story comes before creating the map (then you know what classes/creeps to add, how the terrain and overall feeling of the map should be).

When I think of "Unforgettable World", I think of a world where danger lurks behind every corner and a lot of people have been killed because they entered that world, yet those who survived got addicted to it and only wished to return, the players would be those people who survived the world and wanted to return, but they got stuck because of [something] and need to do [something] to leave once again.
(Loosely based off the anime "Gantz" :3 ).

Good luck with the project and if you need any help, there's a help section for a reason ^^

Level 35
Well lets see:

Story:

In ancient times long before we humans first set foot on lands of Atry, there existed an almost immortal race, with a technology and magic far beyond our understanding. These creatures spent mosts of their days ironically plotting their own death and this death looming was the very cause for their downfall.
Tradition was that from the day one of these creatures turned ten, it was to prepare for its death - Its funeral ceremony to be exact. This was due to the very short lifespan of this race, they did at most only live for twenty years. Now one would tend to believe that such a race would never have reached the peak of advancement it did, but that was indeed true that they did - And all thanks to the Ways of Rebirth. A holy ritual that stored the dying bodies memories in containers to be used for the next generation, meaning that every time a new generation began, the collected knowledge and intelligence of the previous would be to their disposal. But then one day, after the death of the king, which was always chosen because of his or her wisdom, the ritual which the king had planned went horribly wrong.. It did not just take away the dying memories of the king, it took every single life, memory and soul of every creature on the entire island - including animals - and as the spell was designed for, it stored all of this in every possible container it could.. spreading the hidden knowledge everywhere around the city.

Now 400 years later, we humans have stepped upon this land of long forgotten tragic. We seek power as most humans do and we are ready to go to great lengths to achieve it. It didn't take long for us to discover just how useful the item containing for instance; a bear soul, could be against a normal opponent.
And when that discovery was made, the hunt for these containers and the war of memories began, in order to use all of this unforgettable world in War!

Heroes

Mutineer: Primary Attribute: Agility
Spells:
1. Treachery
2. Anger
3. Power Slash
4. Oath Breaker

Canonist: Primary Attribute: Agility
Spells:
1. Canned explosives
2. Beaming Confidence
3. Precision Attack
4. Broadside Strike

Archaeologist: Primary Attribute: Intelligence
Spells:
1. Search
2. Pressure of a decade
3. Whithering knowledge
4. Repenter of the past

Arcanist: Primary Attribute: Intelligence
Spells:
1. Knowledgeable Surge
2. Frivolous Mist
3. Fiery Cage
4. Star Gazing

Brawler: Primary Attribute: Strength
Spells:
1: Fainting Tactics
2: Coward Punch
3: Grim Labor
4: Drunken Spite

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I won't suggest anymore.. this should do. I made the heroes like this in order to fit the story, so their names fit what could have come to an unknown island, be it sailors or people in search of knowledge. If your not going to use these ideas, do tell and I will post them somewhere else.. as they turned out rather well for 5 minutes of plotting

Level 35
WoW... :> Story is awesome ;]

No problem - Now I just hope you can get something useful for the map out of it. You forgot to add to credits that I also suggested hero titles and such :wwink:

Oh and dude:

131841-albums1057-picture22836.jpg
I would have liked if I could get it blueish in text color, but that was too hard to read.

Last edited:
Level 35
don't understand...? u mean someone who make Ideas ?.. :<

Thats what a brainstormer is.. To be exact its one that comes up with a ton of ideas which are then sorted out by someone else or the person himself.

A brainstormer is used for two things mainly:

Getting new concepts or testing ideas meaning that he'll try to come up with something different one could do..

A little similar to what I did for you, though I acted more like a plot writer.

Good to see some people on it :wink:

Level 35
Well, we already talked about it in the PMS, but I guess that I am now official terrain for this? ;)

Hehe, well could be he wants to have two :grin: Seems a good choice, as your screenshots showed that you do have some terrain skills, which would fit a map like this. (Meaning that you seem to create good multiplayer terrain)

Spoontoobig: Feel free to consider me as a outside consultant, as I (as always) feel a bit of a connection to the stories I write. Meaning that I'll check for the integration of the story :wink:

Level 7
I know VJass, i can terrain and also make spells. pm me if you want any help !
Edit: but i stick to Dusk's damage and buff, Vex's xe system so i wonder if i can import those or not, maybe you use some other systems which do not compatible !

About spell ideas, if you find someone skilled at this, it's good, if not, well, i think we can take some from MMORPGS like Rohan, Runes of Magic...:)

Here is a small example of my work !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW8-C6QTVFY

Level 35
I've got an idea.
What if 1 hero can choose different type of style? Such as knight with full agility, or mage with full strength? But you have to add skill tree for that ...

And just how much sense would that make... Having a mage with full strength and no mana? Kinda spoils the idea of a mage, not to mention that there isn't even mages or knights in this map.

You did read the text right?

If you meant to say that one hero should be able to change between different classes then it would make more sense, but also allow for a lot of overpowering not to mention the fact that it would ruin the idea of having multiple heroes.

Level 35
There's a skill that mage can deal bonus magic damage based on it's str etc.
so it choose the path of templar.
and if it full int, it will choose the path of wizard.

Hmm I see the point in that. Something could arise from it, though it would have to be in an altered form to fit the story.

Btw: He would more likely be a Arcane Warrior than a Templer in your example. :wink:

Level 10
Ah... Trying to work on some triggers... And there is no news from Dragonson about the terrain... :<... I hope if Dragonson finish about ~50% of terrain maybe we can start beta map this week :>...

EDIT: Also got big bug... Don't know what's happened... Tryed little beta version in battle.net with friends(6 friends) And when game started all players shared in two sides... There was a ''Server split'' 1 side with 1 host and other side with other host... Don't know what's the problem.... :///

Level 27
Okay... the terrain is coming along nicely.
I've given the first zone(s) a island-style, so that the crossing from one region to another is by bridge.
I am NOT using UTM trees right now, cause i seriously don't like them :(
But if really needed i can do a make-over with UTM trees later.
I'l post a screenie of the little starting village later.

Level 27
Allright.... here's the beta terrain.
It contains:
-Cute little starting village.
-Forest Region.
-Mountain/River Region.
-Sound Effects.
-A waterfall. (Darned hard to make look good...)

I hope it's big enough, wich it would be in my experiance.
There is loads of empty green space wich you can fill up with creeps and such stuff.
IF it needs to be bigger, it is easily possible due to the island layout, and please take a stroll in it before you judge it :p (i placed a paladin in it which i used to walk around and test it.)

Here's the map.
A Truly Unforgettable World

Level 10
I only see
-Cute little starting village.
But only that island...?! where the other terrain ..? :D Btw.. I like the village :)...
-Forest Region.
-Mountain/River Region.
-Sound Effects.
-A waterfall. (Darned hard to make look good...)
No these things...

Status
Not open for further replies.