• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shadow Forest RPG (Single Player RPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Shadow Forest RPG
Last updated: 21-06-2009 [1]

Amigurumi (Model: Runner model)
Nasrudin (Model: Ashenvale trees)
!!GORO!! (Model: Bag Model)
levigeorge1617 (Model: Night Elf Female-BladeMaster)
Champara Bros (Icons: Arcane Explosion, Healing Touch)
Blizzard Entertainment (Icons: Alot of Icons!)

UPDATE: 24-05-2009 [1]

This is a map I started a few months ago. I've been working on this map at my own, that's the way I usually works. I've been trying to make the terrain really good and I think I did it well. I'll post some screens to show you.

SFRPG1.jpg
SFRPG2.jpg
SFRPG3.jpg
SFRPG4.jpg
SFRPG5.jpg
SFRPG6.jpg

I'll probably add more screenshots with time, but this is what I'm showing now. :)

I've been adding some features in this map, like a custom attacksystem, equipment system (picture 6), talk system, creep respawn system, death system, combat system, increase attribute system and a multiboard showing all your stats and more. Another feature I've added is keyboard movement and if you don't want to use your keyboard arrows to move around, you can use your mouse if you want to and change the camera with the arrowkeys.
My custom attacksystem is a system I've created, because I wanted to change the attack system wc3 uses, press once and attack. This system will create an attackbar right under your hero ingame. When it is filled, you're able to attack.

The Warrior got a second attackbar, called the Ragebar. He can only use spells/abilities when this ragebar is filled.

At the moment there are 4 classes you can be, Warrior, Rogue, Warlock and Druid. Every class will have up to 10 spells each and you can use them from a spellbook. You'll have to buy spells and upgrade them. Almost every spell is triggered and the damage/healing done, may be effected by your Spell Power attribute.

What will I do before the first release?

At the moment I've added 9 Quests and more will I create! And I'll probably add more classes before the first release. I'll have to complete the terrain, about 60% is done, epic map size. Complete all spells for all classes and much more.

UPDATE: 26-05-2009 [1]

Ok, I've updated the map a little. I've created four spells that will be able with the druid:

icons_674_btn.jpg
Cause an area within 200 AoE explode with the wrath of narute and deal x + Spell Power / 2 damage. Cooldown: 8 seconds

icons_573_btn.jpg
Heal yourself instant with a healing touch, healing up to x - x + Spell Power. Cooldown: 14 seconds

entanglingroots.gif
Causes roots to burst from the ground, immobilizing a target enemy unit for 4 seconds, and dealing x + Spell Power / 3 damage per second. Cooldown: 10 seconds

icons_572_btn.jpg
Put a blessing of nature on you, all spells that is casted, have a 18% chance to heal yourself for x hitpoints. Lasts 15 seconds. Cooldown: 1 minute and 30 seconds

I've also created four spells that will be able with the Warlock:

icons_559_btn.jpg
Throw a shadowbolt at a target enemie unit, dealing x damage and stuns for 1 second. Cooldown: 2 seconds

icons_557_btn.jpg
Put a curse shield on you, increasing hitpoint regeneration by x and attackers will be cursed when they attack you, decreasing their hitchance by x%. Lasts 2 minutes. Cooldown: 1 second

icons_641_btn.jpg
Reduces attack rate by 20% and dealing x + Spell Power / 3, damage every 2 second. Lasts 14 seconds. Cooldown: 1 second

icons_655_btn.jpg
Calls down waves of fire that damage units in an area. Each wave deals x initial damage and Spellpower / 5 damage per second for 3 seconds. Lasts for 6 waves. Cooldown: 20 second

All abilities will be upgrade able 10 times.

UPDATE: 27-05-2009 [1]

Hello again! I've been really busy today and I've not been able to work so much today. Anyway, the four "at the moment" spells for the warrior is done. Before I Introduce the spells I can tell you that the warrior don't use mana, he use a second "attackbar" the warrior cannot use an ability until his second attackbar is filled. Here are the spells:

icons_1426_btn.jpg
Smash a target with a power strike, dealing extra damage to enemies. Damage done is equal to your normal damage + x. Cooldown: 6 seconds

earthquake.jpg
Stomp the ground dealing x - x damage and slows movement by 10% to nearby enemies within 225 AoE. Lasts 6 seconds. Cooldown: 15 seconds

icons_1438_btn.jpg
Be aggressive and instantly fill your ragebar. Cooldown: x seconds

icons_1436_btn.jpg
Stab an enemie unit dealing x - x damage per second. Lasts 8 seconds. Cooldown: 5 seconds

UPDATE: 18-06-2009 [1]

Alot of people may have forgotten this project, but I've been doing alot of other things then working on this map. So... Well, this project is alive again! Updates may come soon!

UPDATE: 21-06-2009 [1]

Hello again. I can tell you that I've upated the terrain greatly, about 75% is done and I've added 6 new quests that you'll be able to do.

Also, I've added a special thing to my map. I call it, the Ring of Death.
ShadowForestRPGROD.jpg This is the Ring of Death at the moment. The Archer, called Shaniel, will give you quest after quest and you'll have to kill a very strong boss to continue. When you've killed the boss, you'll get rewarded. At the moment there are three bosses, I might add more. :D

I've also reworked alot of triggers to make the game running alot better.

Well, I wanted this update to be longer, but I'll update more soon!

Comments FTW!

Last edited:
Level 2
Looks Awesome.

It reminds me of Dark Invasion 2.

I'd love to help anyway possible.

BTW. Its good to see a nice single-player RPG map, Ive been looking for something like this.

Level 19
Looks Awesome.

It reminds me of Dark Invasion 2.

I'd love to help anyway possible.

BTW. Its good to see a nice single-player RPG map, Ive been looking for something like this.

Thanks! I'll update this thread soon as possible, maybe adding more screenshots and other :)

If I want any help, I'll tell you, but almost everytime do I work alone, thanks anyway. ;)

Level 7
Hello,
the screenshots look nice. Should be an interesting map. :) Looking forward to hear from you more.
But I have some suggestion.

Firstly about your equipment system, is it possible to make like inventory style of equipment? Like those real rpg game's equipment inventory (Diablo or maybe the simple one's like Dawn of War 2).

Other than that, I personally think that the unit/heroes should be bigger a little big than the normal scale. To make them look more better in game.

Lastly, how will your's attack system looks like? Can you explain more on it? Thank you.

Ahh, now I know for what you need the edited model which I gave you :p.
Well, terrain looks very nice, and it would be great to see it finished.
Maybe I could help you a little bit, if you need it.
Also nice multiboard work, it gives you all informations about your hero. I think it is going to be a map, which mainly works with multiboards?

Level 19
@StyxaneZ

Thanks for the comment! First of all about the equipment system, I think I can't make it look like the D2 equipmentsystem and more, maybe I'll change the equipment system after time, but I'll have to learn about trackables and more. So, I'll leave it as it is now :)

I don't think I'll have to increase the unit's sizes. They actually looks kinda good ingame after you've been playing awhile.

The attacksystem is kinda basic at the moment. You'll have an "attackbar" right under your hero ingame, when it's full channeled, you're able to attack, then it will recharge again. The recharge time is based on your agility attribute and the damage is based on your minimum and maximum damage. If you're lucky, you may have a critical strike.

@Amigurumi

Hehe ;) Thanks again! Yes, I'm kinda proud of the terrain and I'm not even a terrainer ;o And about the help, I'll tell you people if I need some :)

About the multiboard, yes it gives you almost every information you'll have to know. It's just some things I'll have to change at the moment. And you're wrong at one point, the map do not mainly use the multiboard, I've only got them to show attributes and alittle information and equipeditems.

I'll probably update soon, I've been unable to work on the map today, I've been outside in the nice weather! ;D

Level 8
Looks amazing dude, the idea of single player is interesting but then the map will only be able to be dled from hive. Unless you make observer slots so it can be hosted.

Level 7
@StyxaneZ

Thanks for the comment! First of all about the equipment system, I think I can't make it look like the D2 equipmentsystem and more, maybe I'll change the equipment system after time, but I'll have to learn about trackables and more. So, I'll leave it as it is now :)

I don't think I'll have to increase the unit's sizes. They actually looks kinda good ingame after you've been playing awhile.

The attacksystem is kinda basic at the moment. You'll have an "attackbar" right under your hero ingame, when it's full channeled, you're able to attack, then it will recharge again. The recharge time is based on your agility attribute and the damage is based on your minimum and maximum damage. If you're lucky, you may have a critical strike.

Oh I see. Anyway it is interesting and nice. When it is released, will find a chance to play the map though. =)

Level 19
@StyxaneZ

I'll probably release a little pre-test soon, can't tell you exactly when yet.

@Hiude

I've only got two spells that is random copied from WoW and that is Shadowbolt and Healing Touch. The icons may make them look WoW-ish, but they arent.

Rain of Fire and Entangling Roots did WoW copy from Wc3. The other spells have I created on my own. :)

And I'll try to create less "WoW Spells".

I see we have familar concepts, but our terrain and gameplay will be diffrent due to your awesome 10 spells per class thing. I only have 6. And only 6 classes are my aim atleast for beta. But thats enough for now. I am coding every spell hardly in vJASS so you can upgrade spells with items and so on. I only use custom icons for spells so it takes quite some space (6 * 6 * 20) kb = 720kb for spell icons only. But thats worth it.

I see this is going to be great aswell. Gl and Hf, biggest enemy :p

Level 19
@Amigurumi

I have triggered spells? 9/10 spells are triggered at the moment :D

@Anachron

Hehe, I also think I'll use items for upgrading and buying spells, the system isn't done yet. At the moment this map have more than 99999 items due to my Random Item System, so the "buy spells" items will kinda be the only items in my map.

Good Luck with your project also :)

Level 21
I could help to create some REALLY nasty spells, I am just one of the ancestors of wc3sear.ch, I was there from the start on, I am 6 or 7 years in this buisness, from starcraft, age of empires and warcraft 2, then when wc3 got released i joined there from early beta, if you want, I can help you with spells or systems.

Because I always wanted to create a single player rpg, but never had the patience, maybe I can help you to increase the power of yours.

If you want to get a idea of my skills, just search in the spells section for redscores or check my signature for some of my systems.

Not a single System was rated worse than 4, so I guess....^^

I already have ideas for the warlock, why reducing a warlock to a clichê? hes a demon lord in some ways, he shouldn't have such "light" spells, he should have stuff like:

Dark Ritual: You start a dark ritual, during this you splatter your own blood around to form a pentagram, after fullfilling the ritual all creatures around explode and receive damage dependant on the life you lost while doing the ritual, if a creature dies from this spell it comes back as zombie and follows you.

Not a good idea... well... I didnt though much about it.

Level 19
@Redscores, if you got many ideas with spells and are a really good spell maker, you're welcome to help me! :D But first, GUI or JASS or vJASS spells? This map is actually created in GUI. I'll update my first post with a new update in a few minutes.

@TheDanish, yes I know. That's why I'm creating one ;D Thanks!

Level 19
Well, I can do all. GUI, JASS, vJASS, but I prefer GUI.

Well, I also prefer GUI :) If you want to, you can start creating spells. I've got 4 classes atm,
Warrior (4 abilities),
Rogue (1 ability),
Warlock (4 abilities),
Druid (4 Abilities).
You can create a new map with all your spells at, and then you'll send it to me, I'll check the abilities and add them if they are nice ;)

I've updated my first post! Read it, and I hope I'll update more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.