• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dragonflight Wars [In Development]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
103327d1309331535-dragonflight-wars-development-dragonflight-wars-banner2.png
Dragonflight Wars is a simple AoS map that revolves around the sacred Glaive of the Aspects in the world of Drakonia.
The game is set in a battle between two opposing factions, the Saura and the Draga. The Saura are a group of heroes who fight for the glaive to bring peace in Drakonia and the Draga want to overthrow the Dragonflights and rule over Drakonia themselves.

In the beginning, there were 6 powerful beings known as the Dragon Aspects. They were powerful gods and they created the world of Drakonia.
Neltharion created the earth, oceans and mountains,
Ysera filled the world with trees and lesser beings,
Alexstrasza gave life to the lesser beings,
Malygos gave a portion of his wisdom to the lesser beings,
Nozdormu created time itself &
Mithras created death.

And thus the world of Drakonia was created.
To stop each other from getting more powerful than each other, the Aspects limited each of their powers and created two powerful artifacts which contain the essence of the Aspects power, the Glaive of the Aspects and the Dragon Soul. The Glaive had immeasureable power and the Dragon Soul granted immortality and wisdom.

But soon, each of the Aspects wanted to be more powerful than the rest so they started a war among themselves. This led to the shattering of Drakonia. The war ended soon afterwards and each of the Aspects fled to their own realms as their powers began to fade quickly.

After the war, the world of Drakonia was in ruins. Civilization was extinct and death swept throughout the lands. There were few survivors who declared war against the Aspects. But due to conflicting objectives, they were divided into two factions, the Saura and the Draga. The Aspects could easily destroy the races but Nozdormu stopped the war in order to continue the existence of life on Drakonia. In this war, the Aspects lost almost all their powers and were imprisoned in their mortal embodiments. This drastic loss in their powers caused the Dragon Soul to shatter into 6 shards and the Glaive of the Aspects to break into the Gem of the Aspects and the Dragon Hilt.

The lesser races took advantage of this and trapped the Aspects in the Dragon Grounds, an ancient battlefield. The two races fought valiantly to destroy the other in a series of unending wars.
These wars were called...

The Dragonflight Wars

And so, the story begins, of how it passed in time...

Neutral Creeps drop ingredients, weapons, armors, gems

Can craft ranged weapons and light armor
Can refine items, increasing their damage/armor
Can imbue items, giving orb effects

Tornado - Wanders around an area, slowing and dealing high pure DPS
Volcano - Spews out hot molten boulders, stunning and igniting units on fire
Earthquake - Slows an area and deals moderate DPS
Blizzard - Freezes(Slows) units and deals high damage per wave

Strength - Increases Physical HeavyDamage (Allows you to equip Heavy items)
Agility - Increases Dodge Rate and Physical Light Damage
Intelligence - Increases Magical Damage (Allows you to equip Magic items)
Vitality - Increase maximum HP and HP Regeneration
Dexterity - Increases Attack Speed, Precision and Physical Ranged Damage
Energy - Increase maximum MP and MP Regeneration

Needing:

A Skinner/Modeler
A Loading Screen Maker
A Terrain Polisher (To make the terrain epic)
A Triggerer (For Custom Spells)
A Triggerer (For Custom Systems)

Current Members:

Cryophoenix

4b2ed8049c80fe4e07713997c7b6e08b_53984.jpg

Project Leader, Terrainer, Coder, Skinner

Naz

203966-albums4539-picture44966.jpg

Assistant Leader(INACTIVE: May be replaced if not active for more than a month)

lowe1994ba

55d8af034578a08f4bc5ea91f496584d_53983.jpg

Idealist, Brainstormer

Progress:

Terrain ////////// - 60%
Units/Buildings ////////// - 90%
Heroes ////////// - 0%
Abilities ////////// - 0%
Systems ////////// - 30%

Last edited:
Level 8
Every 10 minutes there will be a duel, each side will vote for 1 player to fight the opposition...
The winner will have to fight 5 dragons; Alexstrasza, Malygos, Ysera, Nozdormu and Naltharion.. If the player is able to kill them all, then each of his team members will get a Dragon Shard..
After 10 minutes a hammer will appear, it will forge the shards together, and that team will win :D
If the other team cannot forge the Dragon Gem in 10 minutes, the shards will dissapear
The other team must try and destroy the shards or collect them.
The shards drop on death...
Shards are divided among team members. There are 10 shards :D

Last edited:

Naz

Naz

Level 3
I've been thinking, most dueling in maps are unbalanced and can easily turn a map from good to bad. If one team has a unbeatable hero and they keep using him for the duels then its basicly game-set-match. To overcome this it gonna take alot of balancing and implementing ways for the underdogs to get back in the game...

So I wouldn't say i Disaprove of the dueling, but it gonna take some time to properly balance it .

EDIT

Oh yea and consider this. The map could be a basic AOE with lanes and towers. The 5 dragons could be in seperate dungeons, portals on the main map lead to the dungeons. The whole team may enter the dungeon to slay the dragon, upon dying the dragon drops the shard. Each hero may only carry one shard at a time. When all 5 dragons are slayed a timer starts to count down from 10minutes. When the timer expires a hammer spawns on the map. The team has to get the hammer and take it back to their base and forge the artifact.

At any moment the opposing team can steal the shard from a player by killing him at early game or even steal the hammer at late game.

Level 9
So have rotating player duels?Like player 1 vs player 6..or store the levels in variables and have the highest variables battle each other..

Level 8
Does the player have to fight all dragons or just one?

And isnt the black dragon Deathwing?

All of them, one at a time ..

And Naltharion is Deathwing's other name :D :D :D :D

Naz

Naz

Level 3
Samurai_Gal666 you do the cursor then and email me the UI plz

Level 24
I hopw we'll see proto-drakes since they where the first existing dragons and they are in a bigger or smaller way related to the five flights. And the Netherwings should have their place in this map since they hate their father for abandoning them to shater and become the twisted dragons they are today.

Reactions: Naz
Level 8
I hopw we'll see proto-drakes since they where the first existing dragons and they are in a bigger or smaller way related to the five flights. And the Netherwings should have their place in this map since they hate their father for abandoning them to shater and become the twisted dragons they are today.

I'm running out of file size and I've found no models of 'em... :'(

Level 24
So will we see Yogg-Saron, C'Thun and N'Zath in this map? After all they are the ones who are giving Deathwing orders since they corrupted Neltharion. Even tho it's hard to find a model of N'Zath right now C'thun and Yogg-Saron shouldn't be so hard to find.

Level 10
Hey i Can Be the terran person
and can do a little spelling

and i was also wondering, how many heros are there going to be, and you could also add a pet system that summons a pet dragon to fight with you or a mount

Last edited:
Level 8
Great Ideas but I'm running out of file size that's why I had to delete most of the custom models... :/
@ColourCloud:I was thinking of making heroes but now I've changed it to classes:

Soldier > Knight > Lord
Soldier > Knight > Paladin
Soldier > Warrior > Warlord
Soldier > Warrior > Dragoon

Mage > Spellcaster > Sealmaster
Mage > Cleric > Priest
Mage > War Mage > Warlock

Rogue > Hunter > Sharpshooter
Rogue > Thief > Assassin

You have 6 aspects? (I relly must read your comments more :p)
Yeap :D Read between the line :D

Level 24
I dont get it is everyone able to kill Alexstrasza, Malygos, Nozdormu and Ysera? I cant see how that would seem right. So when the heros decides what to do it will be a litle like this.

Umle: We're the heroes of justice, how shall we spread justice across the lands now?
Dumle: Lets kill the creators of life they deserve to die.
Umle: Yea that way we will spread justice and recive the respect we deserve.

Level 24
Please give us updates here we want to know how you are doing on the map an please answer my question.

Level 8
Sorry, I have been inactive... and I think I will be in the coming weeks....
Okay... Please read the storyline. Both sides are on the brink on extinction and they wanna survive and gain absolute power, so... kill the Aspects and gain the shards to forge the Glaive of the Aspects and wipe out the opposing force... :D So no good guys bad guys.. XD And I'm working on units now.. :D so keep in touch :D

Level 24
That is the part I'm not getting if they want to survive why killing the ones in charge of keeping them alive? And all know that power comes with a cost and killing the creators of all life comes with a huge cost. That means no one would be able to create new life if it would get extincted. And if Ysera falls nature cant be restore where it once was lost. You are not only suggesting that these people want to survive but that they also have an IQ equal to or less then 0. And I think we both can see the problem in that, specially when the most ancient and intelligent of all dragons (Malygos) gave lesser beings like humans and orcs wisdom. And besides I think Alexstrasza and the other aspects would give their shards to a trustworthy dragonsworn. And how do you really expect mortals to be able to kill the aspects? If they are able to use their power to create an entire universe they would be able to destroy it. Imagine all that power turning against you! No one would survive.

All of them, one at a time ..

And Naltharion is Deathwing's other name :D :D :D :D

Ok let me explain this to you they are not the same persons, they are 2 completly diffrent person. Neltharion the Earth-Warden was a dragon who was not only best friend with Malygos but he was also one person who protected and cared for life and made the world a much beter place. Deathwing the Destroyer on the other hand is the old Gods puppet who have taken place in Neltharions corpse. Or this the opinion of the most people who are dedicated dragonsworn.

(Dont make the lore meister angry)

Okay, check, Is anyone keen on this... Hmm, I really need your suggestions!!!

If you want a suggestion from me then I'd say you need something that makes this map unic. Including the flights is not enough since many maps have the dragon aspects (nearly all of them are not allowed on Hive). If you would take my advice show us the father of the flight, the proto-drake GALAKROND the ub33r meister.

And make a save system so people can save gear and make the gear extreamly hard to get and that you need insanly many regents for epic gear like Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros where you need

http://www.wowhead.com/item=17193
and
http://www.wowhead.com/item=17204

Does the player have to fight all dragons or just one?

And isnt the black dragon Deathwing?

This just makes me go berserk!

Last edited:
Level 8
That is the part I'm not getting if they want to survive why killing the ones in charge of keeping them alive? And all know that power comes with a cost and killing the creators of all life comes with a huge cost. That means no one would be able to create new life if it would get extincted. And if Ysera falls nature cant be restore where it once was lost. You are not only suggesting that these people want to survive but that they also have an IQ equal to or less then 0. And I think we both can see the problem in that, specially when the most ancient and intelligent of all dragons (Malygos) gave lesser beings like humans and orcs wisdom. And besides I think Alexstrasza and the other aspects would give their shards to a trustworthy dragonsworn. And how do you really expect mortals to be able to kill the aspects? If they are able to use their power to create an entire universe they would be able to destroy it. Imagine all that power turning against you! No one would survive.

Ahem, There are no humans or orcs. Two new races... Sauron and Draga. They have inherited the direct powers of the Aspects, so they can create worlds if they can gain control of the Glaive..

Ok let me explain this to you they are not the same persons, they are 2 completly diffrent person. Neltharion the Earth-Warden was a dragon who was not only best friend with Malygos but he was also one person who protected and cared for life and made the world a much beter place. Deathwing the Destroyer on the other hand is the old Gods puppet who have taken place in Neltharions corpse. Or this the opinion of the most people who are dedicated dragonsworn.

(Dont make the lore meister angry)

Ahem, Neltharion was the Dragon Aspect... He became mad from the whisperings of the old gods, So he fell and he lost his "beautiful" & "divine" appearance and he gained a cracked exterior with flowing lava.... So now he is known as Deathwing... Note: The Aspects refer to him as Neltharion.. :D

If you want a suggestion from me then I'd say you need something that makes this map unic. Including the flights is not enough since many maps have the dragon aspects (nearly all of them are not allowed on Hive). If you would take my advice show us the father of the flight, the proto-drake GALAKROND the ub33r meister.
I'm using a proto drake model for Galakrond and he will be the one who sends the heroes to fight the Aspects.... XD Out of Lore

And make a save system so people can save gear and make the gear extreamly hard to get and that you need insanly many regents for epic gear like Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros where you need
Save System will be really imbalanced ,'kay? It's an AoS not a RPG (Which I will make soon and a Campaign to follow up)! Item hunting is one of the main concepts of this map... We have to search for materials in the jungle... Kill neutrals to get some items like (Fur, Tooth, Bone, etc.)

ANYWAY! THANKS DUDE!

Level 24
Ahem, There are no humans or orcs. Two new races... Sauron and Draga. They have inherited the direct powers of the Aspects, so they can create worlds if they can gain control of the Glaive

I was giving examples :p

Ahem, Neltharion was the Dragon Aspect... He became mad from the whisperings of the old gods, So he fell and he lost his "beautiful" & "divine" appearance and he gained a cracked exterior with flowing lava.... So now he is known as Deathwing... Note: The Aspects refer to him as Neltharion.. :D

Exavtly he has a heart of molten lava and therefor he dont have a heart beat and if you want to know how I know he dont have a heartbeat, I can tell you that magma cant transport oxygen like blood.

I'm using a proto drake model for Galakrond and he will be the one who sends the heroes to fight the Aspects.... XD Out of Lore

How can something be Out of lore when you're making up your own lore :p

Level 8
Every map should not be of warcraft lore :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
And it's not about real life theories!
Are there dragons in this world... No.
Are there green people in this world... No.
Are there elves in this world... No.
Are there trolls? Are there Orcs? Are there Nagas? Is there Magic? N-O, no

So if Deathwing wants molten lava to transport oxygen, so be it!!!
Ahem, now... I'm almost done with the unit designs... Now I'm working on the Abilities and some few triggers...

Level 24
Please keep updating and I know I'm a pain in the @§§ some times but I just love arguing :> as I say keep your friends close but your enermys closer ;) (I'm really, really wierd)

Level 24
Okej even tho it would be a problem fighting them as dragons since a lesser being is half the size of Yseras claw I would say yes that would be awsome and if you used the wow models it would be even more awsome.

Level 24
Well unless you find a way to remove animations I would say use diffrent models. And btw what color is the sixth aspect?

Level 8
I removed most of the animations but only like 2-6 kb reduction in file size, I also tried MDX squisher but it's not reducing it much...
and the 6th aspect i'm thinking of making it the aspect of death..... needing a non flying frostwyrm, or a nether wing dragon or a infinite dragon.. :D

Level 24
Is there any chanse we're going to see the elemental lords in this map? Since The Old Gods gathered Ragnaros and Al'Akir to fight on Deathwings side and Alexstrasza and Ysera found the aid Neptulon and Therazene?

Level 24
You dont need to use verry big models for the elemental lords for example for Ragnaros the firelord model provided by Blizzard will work fine.

And when did I say anything about legendarys? :p

Level 24
That dosent really answer my question :p is there any chanse we'll see the elemental lords in the future if you're using the models provided in warcraft 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.