• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Chosen One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
207366-albums4908-picture48920.png

One of the most Epic projects ever done here on Hiveworkshop. I am taking the game World of Warcraft and transfering it into Warcraft 3. If that isnt enough I am giving it a whole new story-line. The areas are made the way I thought they should be. So far there are only two people working on this project, you can pm me or find my recruitment post to apply.

Below are lists of things i plan on doing and i will put if they are done as i get to them.
Just another way to keep you all informed of my progress.

Story:
The Monks at Northshire Abbey have studied the prophesies closely and they now believe that Mike Stormrider is the Chosen One. The person that is said will end all war and bring peace to Azeroth. Driven by hope, the monks sent Mike off into the war torn world. Mike, sword in hand, is ready to liberate Azeroth and reclaim it from the Scourge.

screens found on my recruitment thread because hive wont let me reupload them here.http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/project-recruitment-256/chosen-one-recruitment-198372/

Basic versions of Elwynn and Kobold Mine are in attachments... ENJOY FOLKS!

I just want to say that I have the best team I could possibly ask for. Thank you guys, this wouldnt be possible without you. Heres a few looks at the new Elwynn Forest....

5debf60eaacc40c7a8398056e35d2d3d_48204.jpg

f2a851649546be89997f58949ad11f25_48203.jpg

834d7de4d4a2f0b506266bc4c94256dd_48202.jpg

93566aa86e51cb2e2a3896a0facecae3_48201.jpg

Things to Come?:
Gem System - When in the Hero's inventory they are able to enhance strength, agility, or intelligence.

Silver - Convert the "Lumber" resource to silver

WoW items - Will use custom made items that appear in WoW along with a few others from Warcraft 3

Multiplayer - Maybe a MMORPG? All the fun of WoW without monthly fees. And whats more, unlike Blizzard we are willing to actually use player's suggestions and implement them in-game.

Definite Features:
1.All 3 Continents plus maybe a few islands like the Lost Isles
2.Big storage system with chat activated store and retrieve system.
3.WoW-like maps the only difference is the story(quests) and a few new creep spawns.

Updates to these lists will come as they are thought up. If you have a suggestion post a reply.

Husidusidu:
The WoW pics are here http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/207366-albums4879.html

Team:
Husidusidu - Head Mapper/Terrainer, Second in charge
Monkeypieman9 - creeps,loot,items, basic triggers, Leader.
eubz - Modeler doodads, attachments
Champara Bros - Unit Modeler
Bugz - terrain
Lowe1994ba - items,loot,creeps

Credits so far:
Husidusidu - maps
Mr. Bob - doodads

Last edited:
Level 24
I dont get this is it supposed to be a RPG map or what is happening? And why are we in Elwynn Forest when Mike shall go to the scourge infested lands? The Lich king infested 80% of everything north of Khaz Modan and 80% of Northrend but he never took Elwynn forest.

Level 6
Exactly, you answered your own question. Why would I put him directly into the Scourge's land? Why did WoW put the human starting area away from enemy territory? The answer to all of this is that I wanted to give people the chance to level up before going against such strong opponents. I hope this is what you were asking and please feel free to ask more questions.

Level 24
Aha then I get it the reason I asked why you didn't add northrend was because you made it sound like you only where going to use Elwynn forest and Kobold mines. Great to have that answered tho looking forward to the map ;).

Oh and are you going to add the Wyrmest Acourd into the map?

Level 6
This project will take a year at least... so i am going to be releasing mini - versions of this project as they come out. For example as soon as i get this whole hero transfer, item transfer,Westfall,and Stormwind done.... I will release a demo version for you guys to play. Im going to proceed like this...
1.Eastern Kingdoms
2.Kalimandor
3.Northrend

If this project is very successful i may even make a sequel for outland.

Level 24
Awsome to hear :) good to hear that you dont stop when 2/3 of Azeroth is done like Blizzard did :p Anyway remember the 1st comitment
Tho shalt never leave out the dragonqueen ^^

When can we expect to see horde races, pvp and donguns?

Level 6
PvP may come later after we finish the Eastern Kingdoms, until them only Single player will work. Instances are most likely going to be but will come later. Horde races... yes. Unlike the scourge Mike didnt go out to eliminate them, he set out to make peace with them. so The Horde will defiantly be a part of this. Possible Horde and Alliance alliance? Sounds epic... TAKE THAT BLIZZARD!.... anyways..... thanks for constantly posting here. Its good to know someone is interested.

Level 24
Sry I havent been answering verry quickly me and my guild is going firelands and we wipe time after time after time on every boss. The reason why i keep posting is that you wouldn't continue if noone showed intresst. To however ask you another question since you want to complete eastern Kingdoms first.

When will we see Forsakens or Sin'doreis?

Level 6
yes, as i said before, the horde will be in the game. And as blood elves and undead are part of the horde... they too will be in game.

Good luck in the firelands. I had WoW myself but only up to Wotlk. Tryed a private server after i got fed up with paying monthly, but never got finished. I really wish i had Cataclysm and money to play it.

Level 24
Well you should make dungons but you should do them hard and for single players and every dungon require you to have gear from the last one. But you should make them hard so ppl have to be causius. And since I'm the only caring for this project (so far) could I be a beta tester?

Level 24
Well you'll have to wait untill tomorow since I have given out maximum rep today but good to hear :) And are this a campaign map or many seperate? You need a banner you could ask AL0NE if he would be so kind and make one he's a master when it comes to making banners.

Level 24
Nice but to return to suggestions I think you need a banner, and if you ask AL0NE really nice he might make you one, he's verry skilled ;) Also is this going to be a campaign map or just a bunch of small maps?

Level 24
Yay campaign :) belive me it's a much beter system otherwise people would have to make a new map everytime they for example needed to go to Stormwind to get gear, mats and so on so campaign is a much beter sulution.

Level 6
yeah... campaign is sounding better and better.
ATTENTION:
TONIGHT AT 7PM EASTERN TIME I WILL RELEASE A BASIC VERSION OF MY 2 MAPS. THEY WILL INCLUDE THE TERRAIN,TRIGGERS,AND THE CUSTOM DATA. THEY WILL BE ATTACHED TO MY FIRST POST AND AVAILABLE UNTIL 1PM TOMORROW. AFTER THAT THEY WILL BE REMOVED!

Thank you all for supporting me and enjoy the basic release.

Level 24
You know how it is in wow for example:

Quest Completed: Through Fire and Flames
Revard: 5 silver & 250 reputation with orgrimmar

And then we have reputation system

neutral- friendly: 3 000 reputation required
friendly-honored: 6 000 reputation requiered
honered-revered: 12 000 reputation requiered
revered-exalted: 21 000 reputation requiered

Level 51
You should really work on your terrain and read some terrain tutorials here on hive. The terrain is quite, I really don't want to put you down, bad. There is no tile variation, no height variation, minimalistic use of doodads and overall, the badest tileset you could ever choose.
I'm not into offendending you, I just want to help.

Level 24
For some problems u can steal some wow models. I don't think there is a protodracke or a model that would fit them :D

Yea because there is nothing that could be wrong with having 700 ripped of models in a campaign map :p do you even understand that a map like that would take up several GB?

Level 24
It looks really awsome made husidu ;) however somethin you could think on in the future is to do entereble building. Otherwise it's great I really love the terrein nd the models ;).

Level 4
It looks really awsome made husidu ;) however somethin you could think on in the future is to do entereble building. Otherwise it's great I really love the terrein nd the models ;).

I want to do hat as i said it before ;)
i called it inside and outside stuff
but first of all i want the outside stuff ready before i do the inside
it takes time
a looooot of time :p

Level 24
I want to do hat as i said it before ;)
i called it inside and outside stuff
but first of all i want the outside stuff ready before i do the inside
it takes time
a looooot of time :p

Well if you are not ready to put time and dedication to the project maybe you're not the best coworker. You have the potential to make awsome maps I have no doubt of that, but if you refuse simply because it takes to long time then I'm sorry but I'll have to say that then you are not the best terreiner.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

This has already been mostly done over 6 +/- a few yrs... It never was finished =/

Level 24
It sounds really good and it sounds like we will get content that's not enteierly like Blizzards. However will you do Cataclysm before northrend, after or will it not be added?

And I thought you understood that I didnt acuse him but just to be sure I stated as clear as possible that I wasent insulting anyone since I dont want anyone to be mad at me or feel insulted because of a misunderstanding.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

If your serious about the project, and you get it to where I'm excited about playing I'll model a lot of the needed doodad/building models to re-make the areas.
For now I'll help with making sure the areas look as close as they can to wow. (Been playing since the early beta)

Level 24
Congratulations Yayoi to recently post your 1000nd post ;)

And what do you plann to add after Stormwind, Elwynn and Westfall?

Level 6
You serious Yayoi... Thank you. Do you thing you could model the Defias bandits. Ass well as Stormwind NPCs.

LOWE1994BA HAS DECIDED HE WISHES TO START HIS OWN PROJECT, I SUPPORT HIS DECISION FULLY. ALSO MY INTERNET MAY BE OUT FOR A WHILE SO PLEASE KEEP WORKING HARD, AND DONT EXPECT IF IM NOT ONLINE FOR A WHILE.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

You serious Yayoi... Thank you. Do you thing you could model the Defias bandits. Ass well as Stormwind NPCs.

LOWE1994BA HAS DECIDED HE WISHES TO START HIS OWN PROJECT, I SUPPORT HIS DECISION FULLY. ALSO MY INTERNET MAY BE OUT FOR A WHILE SO PLEASE KEEP WORKING HARD, AND DONT EXPECT IF IM NOT ONLINE FOR A WHILE.

Doodad's only, when you finish elwynn and stormwind I'll start them.

Status
Not open for further replies.