• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Acolyte and Wisp Harvest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
If I replace the Wisps Gather with the Acolyte Gather, the Wisps are still unable to harvest from Haunted Gold Mines. How do I do to make a Wisp able to harvest from a Haunted Gold Mine?

Level 10
If I make a Wisp based on an Acolytes then they will not be able to build ancients. Well if they build an ancient the Wisp will not vanish into the ancient like it normaly does.
I really need to solve this problem, althought it might sound crazy it is really important.

Level 4
hmm cant get it to work. trying to get blight abilitys form haunted gold mine to entangled gold mine but i get an error :S

Level 10
It's really weird. It seems like an easy thing to do, replacing an ability and then it should work. But it doesn't! Any idea why neither the Blighted/Entangled Gold Mine or the Acolyte/Wisp Gather does not work? Has it something to do with the models itself?

Level 10
I tried to make the Wisp have all stats and data that an Acolyte has. It still says "Unable to Use A Haunted Gold Mine" I have changed the Haunted Gold Mine so it's not an Undead building. What more can I try?

Level 2
Picture 2.png

try this. It may not be exactly what your looking for, but if you've got your wisps harvesting from haunted gold mines already, then this should do for getting rid of them after they construct ancients.

The condition is a Boolean Comparison

note that the wisps will still be counted for your food costs until construction is done.

Level 10
That trigger might come useful! Thanks!
I thougt about an other way to solve this problem, or rather change the problem into a much easier thing.
I let Wisps harvest from an Entangled Gold Mine instead of an Haunted Gold Mine, but then an other problem occurs:

If Wisps try to build an Entangled Gold Mine the constructions does not start and a note appears "Unable to root here". If I give Wisps the entangle ability it says the same thing.
(And I can't really use Tree of Lifes for this either. It kinda ruins the idea of my map)

Any ideas how to make Wisps able to Entangle Gold mines?

Note: The Acolyte and Wisps models are not important. Not the Entangled Gold Mine or the Haunted Gold Mine models either. I'm only looking to solve this tecnical problem because I'm going to replace their models anyway. I only need a unit able to harvest from a gold mine without returning to it's town hall with the gold. Just to clearify :)

Last edited:
Level 2
I think you can only entangle gold mines if the unit has the root ability. I'll check into it but I'm almost certain of it.

Level 2
I'm not sure. But i know why your wisps can't entangle gold mines, or at least i think i know. I was partially right in saying that they needed the root ability. What i didn't realizes is that they need another unit for the rooted portion of them. If one were to create a custom tree of life, the game unit would also create an uprooted version of the custom unit so it can switch back and forth

AS far as your building goes, try making the building based off the haunted gold mine if you haven't already. Give it the load and unload and instant unload abilities of the entangled gold mine. Also, I'd sugest using the entangled gold mine provided in the unit editor as a reference point. (If you want to make a unit based of it, you'll have to make it placable in the editor first.)

View attachment 46234

try this. It may not be exactly what your looking for, but if you've got your wisps harvesting from haunted gold mines already, then this should do for getting rid of them after they construct ancients.

The condition is a Boolean Comparison

note that the wisps will still be counted for your food costs until construction is done.

Well, note that the undead worker's buildings build automatically.

Level 2
All right here we go. Give this map a run and test it out. If you get the desired effect, feel free to use the triggers provided and the custom entangled gold mine.
View attachment wisps and entangling.w3x

you'll have to use the greedisgood cheat at the start plus warpten to speed things up a bit.

any questions just ask me.

Level 2
Thanks. the only problem with it is this: if the gold mine dies, and there's still gold in it, and you go and build another gold mine on the newly created one, it resets to 12500 gold, which is unfair. I still need to figure out how to fix that so I'll be on that. Hopefully I'll have an updated form of the map to you soon.

(and be sure to click the button next to the shiny crystal under my name if you didn't already to add the rep)

Level 2
Fixed my problem of unlimited gold by way of continues building of goldmines on almost dead gold mines. Now only forrseable problem is that iff your gold gets too low and it dies then your screwed if you try and build on a fresh gold mine.

any questions ask me.

(And I'm really sorry about the rep thing. I didn't know that was wrong. it won't happen again. :cry:)

EDIT:
fixed the problem... again... sorta. Old problem still remains but is less likely to screw you now. In adition to that one, the new foreseeable problem is when your mine dies and you take another person's and their mine is fairly low, the newly constructed mine will be set to either what the previous mines gold was or 12500 depending on if your mine died with money still in it or not.

any questions? just ask me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 10
I really appreciate all help from you. I will try this gold mine out and see how it works. This entangled gold mine + wisp combination is a really important factor on my map.
I try to +rep you cause you really have helped me a lot, but it says I have to spread some reputation before I can give it to you, cause I reped you for an other post you made earlier. But as soon as I can give you rep again I shall surely give you one because this help is really really good from you. Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.