• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to play "Spell" animation when harvesting gold on haunted mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
[PROBLEM SOLVED]

I made a custom worker based on acolyte but the model doesn't have the "Stand Work Gold" animation, so it harvest gold but does nothing except the stand animation on the haunted mine.

My goal is to play the "Spell" animation of this unit instead ...

First, I tried to add the "Spell" animation with a copy of the harvest gold spell from the acolyte, it doesn't work and I dunno if it's possible to add animation to the custom worker this way ...

Then, I tried to use some triggers to force the custom worker to do his "Spell" animation while harvesting gold, but it also didn't work.

If anyone knows how to play "Spell" animation when harvesting gold on haunted mine, thank you sincerely !

Last edited:
Level 39
I think you're going to need to edit the model and either rename spell to stand work gold or duplicate the animation and give it that name. Triggering this would be, well, excessively complex.

Long shot but if you add animation names to the Harvest Gold and Lumber it might work.

Level 4
Thank you for your reply.
I never exported a model before so I dled a model editor there ( War3 Model Editor ) following this tutorial : Exporting files from a MPQ.
I also took a MPQ editor there : MPQ Editor ++ Download here ++ › Warcraft 3 Tools

Problem is that with 1.30 some old MPQ files seem to have disapeared from the game folder ... as it's explained there : [Misc] - Listfile for Warcraft 3 (1.30+)

How can I export a war3 model now ? :eek:
Pls help me again, cuz I'm a bit lost from this point ^^

EDIT : I just finished the dl of an old War3x.mpq file and find the model, I'll post later if I'm successfull or not with it ! Sorry for bothering you again :eek:

Last edited:
Level 4
voidharvestinggold.jpg

Thx, it works now ! :)

[TOPIC SOLVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.