• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Webbed (haunted) Gold mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm trying to create a spider race which has to "web" (read: haunt) their gold mine to gather from it.

Long story short: I'm trying to make a "Haunted" gold mine that looks like a gold mine with the web buff model covering it. And i want to change the runes "acolytes" stand on to look different too. I'm stuck at both ambitions.

Full story:
What i've tried to do is change the the buiding model created over the gold mine. First i Looked into the actual haunted gold mine and saw that the gold mine under the "haunt" as i call it, is also part of the actual haunted gold mine model. So simply changing it's model into the web buff would've made the "webbed gold mine" look like an empty web with no gold mine in it.

So I changed my approach. Make it look like a regualr gold mine and apply an attachment using the web debuff model to it. That's where it went wrong.

I changed the model to the regular gold mine's,
but the building STILL looks like a haunted gold mine.

I looked up the haunted gold mine ability and i dont see any field that has the Haunted gold mine model as a value! I'm stuck with this idea

I did see the ring acolytes have to stand on to gather gold, which I also wanted to change, but changing that doesn't change it for some reason.

Last edited:
Level 30
hmmm... just an idea :D

You could try exporting the gold-mine model from the MPQ, then re-importing it to the path of the haunted goldmine model :D That way whenever the haunted gold mine is used, you will see a plain gold-mine instead :)

To export a model from the MPQ, you can use the "Warcraft Image Viewer" which can be found in THW's tool section :)

The only limitation to this is that you won't be able to use the normal haunted goldmine model any more :p

Thats one solution, might be worth seeing if anyone has another idea :D

Level 12
Have you tried using the spider gold mine as an entirely new imported model? If it's a model problem it might solve it.
If the ability is the problem you could make a custom ability based on channel or something to replace the gold mines. That way the haunted gold mine won't bug for sure.
Good luck with this!

Level 23
i dont remember seeing the haunted mine model when scanning thru the list. this means its probably created by an additional animation string (on goldmine model) which is maybe on the building stats itself and maybe on the ability. either clear the field or use triggers to do the same if its from the ability. if neither of these work, use the web model and do a gold mine with triggers. it probably won't work as a special effect so you'll need to make a dummy unit.

Level 10
The model is present actually; on the Haunted Goldmine building, which is under Melee - Undead - Buildings - Haunted Gold Mine. That buildings model is set to Haunted Gold mine, and that building has the ability Blighted Gold Mine Ability.

So you change the mines model through the unit, and the rings model with the ability. I'm also not sure if the ability works with duplicate entries or not, I seem to recall having problems with that, but I'm probably thinking about something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.