• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

triggered haunt gold mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
i want to create a triggered haunt gold mine, which will work like entangle gold mine. when i used the entangle gold mine ability, and switched it to produce a haunted gold mine, it bugs out a lot.

i had an idea on how to do it, but it didn't work and i was thinking of other ways but i don't know if they work or not.

could anyone help me get this trigger started? how should i approach it? i want to create a custom triggered entangle gold mine which will instead make a haunted gold mine for undead.

Level 30
i want to create a triggered haunt gold mine, which will work like entangle gold mine. when i used the entangle gold mine ability, and switched it to produce a haunted gold mine, it bugs out a lot.

i had an idea on how to do it, but it didn't work and i was thinking of other ways but i don't know if they work or not.

could anyone help me get this trigger started? how should i approach it? i want to create a custom triggered entangle gold mine which will instead make a haunted gold mine for undead.

How about using the trigger "Replace Unit"?

Level 30
Ok, read more through your problem. SO you do like to make Undead work like in the Night Elf in entangling mine?

Try configuring the ability or better create another ability based on Entangled Gold Mine and make the Resulting Unit type on which it will turn into is to the Undead Gold Mine.

Just needs ability configuring or basing the ability on the original Enanlged Gold Mine and changing the unit it chnges into Haunted Gold Mine.

Level 31
i did some tests, and bear form actually dosn't work. it screws up the gold mine a lot and makes it even unmineable. i'll need another alternative

i have another idea but i don't how how to trigger it. basically, whenever an entangled gold mine is completed, it instantly is replaced by a haunted gold mine. however, the part i don't know how to trigger is i don't know what trigger i should use to detect the entangled gold mines completion. i tried "A unit finishes construction" but it didn't work, or it may of been my trigger

Level 30
Well, if my way of changing unit or building for Entangled Gold Mine doesnt work and crashes. I will have to say there is no other way and is HARDCODED in War3 because as you can see it crashes.

But I am still looking for ways how. =)

I hope I didnt misunderstood your request, basically you want the end product to become haunted gold mine instead right?
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes construction
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Constructed structure)) Equal to Entangled Gold Mine
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace (Constructed structure) with a Haunted Gold Mine using The new unit's default life and mana
I tested this ingame and seems to work fine for me. Apologies if misunderstood.

Level 31
I hope I didnt misunderstood your request, basically you want the end product to become haunted gold mine instead right?
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes construction
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Constructed structure)) Equal to Entangled Gold Mine
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace (Constructed structure) with a Haunted Gold Mine using The new unit's default life and mana
I tested this ingame and seems to work fine for me. Apologies if misunderstood.

that's what i'm trying to do, but theres one problem with that trigger.

when it replaces the entangled gold mine with the haunted one, the entangled gold mine is removed but not the original gold mine. so, if you look in game, two gold mines will end up being left there. a regular gold mine and a haunted one

Status
Not open for further replies.