• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Speed Mapping Contest #1 - POLL

Vote!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 40
hehe, i tested my map and BOOm its broken

But nonetheless i knew i had no chance against cannon commander.

[edit] arg.. why do people vote w/o even commenting
You'll see my (rather extensive) comments later, but meh. I agree with you to an extent in that the ballot system is nice (forcing people to comment to vote), but if people are really determined to vote up some random person no matter what, there isn't much you can do to stop them.

Dreadnought[dA];1072048 said:
I voted for Septimus. I think that cannon game is really overrated. Too slow paced @_@ and not very good physics.
It isn't supposed to have good physics. Ever played Worms or Scorched Earth?

Level 15
Aeroblyctos FTW! The cinematic was great! I really enjoyed it. The spells were wonderful, the special effects were plentiful but not too crazy and it was AWESOME overall!
Why not Illidan(Evil)X? The system is great, the concept is wonderful, but I didn't really enjoy it for some reason :( Sorry
Good luck to everyone!
EDIT: 600th POST!

Level 14
Aeroblyctos FTW! The cinematic was great! I really enjoyed it. The spells were wonderful, the special effects were plentiful but not too crazy and it was AWESOME overall!
Why not Illidan(Evil)X? The system is great, the concept is wonderful, but I didn't really enjoy it for some reason :( Sorry
Good luck to everyone!
EDIT: 600th POST!

Oh my God. Fanboy much? The special effects were through the roof, which any decent mapper will tell you is more trouble then it's worth. The dialogues were pretty unnatural and men don't have breasts, hopefully. Not only was there too much special effect abuse but it was quite repetitive. The music fit only at the parts where sfx were just repeating and was monotone and dull(not to mention the music that sounds like Super Mario at the start, when you see so much death. It should be sad, not Get-a-mushroom cheery). Septimus' cinematic was better.

However, Illidan's system takes the cake. Really.

I also like Kitabatake's mansion murderer. A mix between Happyville and Silent Hill? Pretty good indeed. However, after playing it for the second time, and the third time I saw that it was becoming pretty boring and before I knew it I didn't like the map anymore. Quite repetitive terrain and gameplay indeed.

Illidan's originality and the fact that it looked like a totally different game is what takes my vote.

Good job.

Last edited:
Level 17
arg.. why do people vote w/o even commenting
Becouse they dont have anything to say, they voted for the members and not the maps, i think.
I voted for septimus btw.

And FrIkY...
136024-albums1197-picture8828.png

Congratz!

Level 18
There were some decent submissions such as Mansion Murderer and Demobots. I played Septimuses Hand of Justice that wasn't bad aswell.

I watched aeros cinematic Phodom as a dragon slayer, and I must agree it doesn't deserve the amount of votes it got in the poll. It's a 2/5 cinematic at most. You can see my full review in the map database.

I aswell tested hvo-busterkomos CTF map that isn't that bad, but still lacks in originality.

I also played Plagueland Legacy, a not so bad idea, but I read it bugs so I didn't spend much time on it.

My vote goes for Cannon Commander as it was original enough, scripted to perfection to make it look like a different game. I know some of you tend to be special, but I really don't see how can any of the maps, especially Phodom top this.

And I admit, I haven't played them all. Kill me for it.

Level 37
CMarket said:
Oh my God. Fanboy much? The special effects were through the roof, which any decent mapper will tell you is more trouble then it's worth. The dialogues were pretty unnatural and men don't have breasts, hopefully. Not only was there too much special effect abuse but it was quite repetitive. The music fit only at the parts where sfx were just repeating and was monotone and dull(not to mention the music that sounds like Super Mario at the start, when you see so much death. It should be sad, not Get-a-mushroom cheery). Septimus' cinematic was better.
Please stop the blame war before it begins. I recommend a moderator to remove this part of CMarket's comment before more come. Thank you.

I checked some of the maps with Kitabatake and most of the multiplayer maps aren't that great. I will perhaps later check some more.

Level 31
Please stop the blame war before it begins. I recommend a moderator to remove this part of CMarket's comment before more come. Thank you.

I checked some of the maps with Kitabatake and most of the multiplayer maps aren't that great. I will perhaps later check some more.

I think it was because there is some newly register member today that vote for your map that resulted into CMarket making such a comment.

Level 1
Vote for "Illidan(Evil)X's Cannon Commander". It was done so nice that i had started to think if i was playing some other game.

Aeroblyctos i had thought you would give a better Prologue for the campaign.
2/5 for this cinematic. Will give you a review on the link soon enough.

Level 37
I think it was because there is some newly register member today that vote for your map that resulted into CMarket making such a comment.
Newly registered member? Zack1996 does have 600 posts.

Why am I always middle of flame war?

Zelda.Alex said:
Aeroblyctos i had thought you would give a better Prologue for the campaign.
That's one cinematic of seven in the prologue.

Level 14
I wasn't talking about him. I was talking about the guy that has barely over 50 posts and even has "Respect Aeroblyctus" under his username. If that's not a fanboy I don't know what is.

Another one of your voters has 0 posts and registered several months ago and wasn't active ever since. Now, don't get me wrong, I know it is plausible that after 6 months he logs in all random like and suddenly sees this poll, votes and is never to be heard from again, but the chances for that are so slim that well, it's more likely that Bill Gates and Ratko Mladic make out.

Level 17
I wasn't talking about him. I was talking about the guy that has barely over 50 posts and even has "Respect Aeroblyctus" under his username. If that's not a fanboy I don't know what is.

Another one of your votes has 0 posts and registered several months ago and wasn't active ever since. Now, don't get me wrong, I know it is plausible that after 6 months he logs in all random like and suddenly sees this poll, votes and is never to be heard from again, but the chances for that are so slim that well, it's more likely that Bill Gates and Ratko Mladic make out.

Maybe if you spent a little less time fretting over sneaky votes, and more time on finishing Broken Belief, the world would be a better place. At least my world anyways...

On-Topic: Sneaky votes are sneaky.

Level 15
Frankly, I'm not really someone who cares too much about music or terrain (unless any of those are total crap) and what I like about cinematics are SFX, I guess I'm just a SFX fan, I can't resist imba cool SFX :p
The other maps are really good too, but its just not really my kind of map, I prefer games that include heroes or cool stuff, guess its because of my age...
Anyway, I wish everyone good luck ;)
PS: I think I couldn't play some of the maps submitted, so my vote might not be really accurate :(

Level 34
If you cant play them, don't vote. That should be obvious, especially after WILLs OP.

Level 37
I think Kitabatake's is surely the most entertaining map. I have played this map many times, it's every time different.

Illidan(Evil)X's is well made, but it's hell boring. Also, it's not original because there are thousands of this type internet games all over the internet. Worms Armageddon or Worms 2 ownz.

I tested most of the other games also but there are no need to comment about them.

I vote for Kitabatake.

Level 3
I think Kitabatake's is surely the most entertaining map. I have played this map many times, it's every time different.

Illidan(Evil)X's is well made, but it's hell boring. Also, it's not original because there are thousands of this type internet games all over the internet. Worms Armageddon or Worms 2 ownz.

I tested most of the other games also but there are no need to comment about them.

I vote for Kitabatake.

I agree, I also voted for Kitabatake.

Level 19
I will be voting for Kitabatake.
For the record: he is a friend of me, my clanmate but that's not why I am voting for him. His map is just slightly better, for my part and I will declare why.

First of all, I've played most of the games.
Illidan's one looked very interresting as I played a simular game in flash.
YET, it fails in fun after a while and the replay value is very low to watch.

Secondary, Most of the other games I've played are like, what the heck?
Like, I am massing hero-trees or something? Well okay.

And then, we have those cinematics which are like a movie: once watched, never seen again (no offensive, even though it was great work after all).

After all, why Kitabatake's map?
ENTERTAINMENT!
The game is always different and can change, it has some unique systems(other maps have it too, but heck this fits) and supports many players.
kéké?

In the end, no offensive to other creators!

~-Xar

Level 37
I will be voting for Kitabatake.
For the record: he is a friend of me, my clanmate but that's not why I am voting for him. His map is just slightly better, for my part and I will declare why.

First of all, I've played most of the games.
Illidan's one looked very interresting as I played a simular game in flash.
YET, it fails in fun after a while and the replay value is very low to watch.

Secondary, Most of the other games I've played are like, what the heck?
Like, I am massing hero-trees or something? Well okay.

And then, we have those cinematics which are like a movie: once watched, never seen again (no offensive, even though it was great work after all).

After all, why Kitabatake's map?
ENTERTAINMENT!
The game is always different and can change, it has some unique systems(other maps have it too, but heck this fits) and supports many players.
kéké?

In the end, no offensive to other creators!

~-Xar
100% agree, expect the cinematic thing. :D

Level 17
Level 14
Calm down Aero. I know you love Kitabatake, seeing as how he is your friend and all, and I know you'd do anything to get him to win, since you can't anymore, but that doesn't mean you can convince someone to change their vote, especially since the vote is irreversible.

Status
Not open for further replies.