• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Random World Generator

I don't know if this is the right place for this system if not please move! :)

Basics
(Adding more info soon!)
-> Please notice that this system was made with my second account,
dhk_undead_lord which is banned until yet. Until this account is unbanned, I am online with Anachron.
What this system does
This system creates tiles, heights, doodads and animals on your map.
It'll look like that you have made those terrain, but its a one GUI triggered World Creator.
Please give me credit if you use him!

Pros
- You don't need to build doodads, tiles, animals or heights in your map
- You have a good looking terrain after start
- leakless
- You can select what doodad should be on terrain type x
- You can select the doodad count aswell as the
- Animal Count and the
- Terrain Height randomness and height
- etc.

Cons
- You can't see it on minimap
- Doesn't look like an human made terrain..

Screenshots

Please move to this link to download map <= New version
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=66232

Level 12
Thats nice... I was actually thinking of a map that would use this system a month or so agao but I scrapped it without trying because the thing would require a very specialized system that went farther then yours making passageways and stuff with cliffs and the like. Anyways, nice job. Althoug, I dont think this is a tutorial...

Ye why not in Systems and Spells?
Btw you can change its creating time to max of 5 seconds, this wait actions are only for showing you step by step what it does. Also you can't remove wait actions, but you can make them smaller. :thumbs_up:

Also I used this System for my newest map, which is really funny to play I think.
Purple, are you interested in testing it? :grin:

Level 40
Oh, by the way, it'd be a nice touch if you evaluated which doodads to place based on the terrain type you're going to place the doodad on. (mushrooms on stone tile things looks weird)

Also, I'd skip off the 'artificial' tiles, since those are best suited for non-random placing.

And maybe.

I haven't stolen the idea lol. I did once before, I just reworked it
( needed it for my new map ).

Stolen an idea.. lol!! :xxd:

Edit:
Oh, by the way, it'd be a nice touch if you evaluated which doodads to place based on the terrain type you're going to place the doodad on. (mushrooms on stone tile things looks weird)

I did.. just look at scripts =)

Level 6
I've designed a similar system for my map, just found this one...

Try this... On map load:
loop 1 to x times, creating singular trees(or whatever) in random placement in region.
Pick all trees. loop 1 to x times, creating multiple trees around the picked tree.
Create animals in random places, for ground units, remove trees around them.
Create terrain tiles in random places.
Pick all trees, create "grass" under trees.

This works fine for me. I used GUI for this, with leak removal, and it works very fast(mainly because it is on load, not in-game, in-game is much slower)

Level 40
Well, there were occasionally mushrooms on stones ><

And ideas can be stolen, but I doubt Ghan_04 or whoever made this originally (this sort of thing has been going around for ages...)

Implementing may be a pain (haven't really checked), but the terrain is pretty good, purge ><.

However, it'd be nice (this'd take a lot of work, though) if you made water at 0, and thus had it so you had lakes/ponds (with appropriate tiles & doodads)

Level 6
This works fine for me. I used GUI for this, with leak removal, and it works very fast(mainly because it is on load, not in-game, in-game is much slower)

How did you make it create it on loading?

Would it be possible to make it create it before it loads the minimap?

Does it work with only sunken ruins, or with all terrian types? (I presume it works with all)
=> Yes works with all simply change variables in the one gui trigger

And if it does work with all, how to you change tilesets? (Sorry is the awnsers obvious, I didnt dl it to check for myself..)

=> With Trigger Actions? lol! :grin:

For some reason (I dunno why) I thought it was going to be all jass..:razz:
Lol..Thanks

I am making a map with that, maybe someone wanna test it?

Map Infos:
Its a Goblin Mini-Game, includes about 10 systems made by me and creates a random world at map start from a random tileset aswell. You and your team (4x3 players at max) explore the new created terrains and kill creeps! After you killed one there is a chance to drop an letter on death. Find in team about 10 letters to win the game! If only team is left on living all others will get revived aswell!

About:
currently only 7 Goblin Heroes, means I imported goblin stuff.
( Item models aswell ) :grin:

Level 2
Awesome system. However whenever I try to make it random for Icecrown Glaciers, the trees never appear :(