• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

W.I.P plox by Mr.Goblin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick WIP.. remade an arm and reworked abit the boots, I'm mostly posting to see what you think of the ''NEW ARM''

Also, I'm making a test, would it look cooler WITH! or WITHOUT! the blood?

Attachments

• Goblin Berserker13.png
    Goblin Berserker13.png
    397.9 KB · Views: 141
  • Goblin Berserker12.png
    Goblin Berserker12.png
    166.8 KB · Views: 115
  • Goblin Berserkerblood.png
    Goblin Berserkerblood.png
    401.5 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Level 49
I personally like the version without blood, but that's just me. :p

Anyways.
Are you going to fix his left foot? It's wrong. :/

Take a look:
x21kw9.jpg

The red part is not connected to the blue part. And if it is, it looks awkward. I suggest you redraw it. The blue part looks like it's drawn from the front perspective but red part looks like it is drawn from the side perspective.

Level 5
I think you should add blood just to the spikes...

I rly love your work good job!!!

Attachments

• Banner.png
    Banner.png
    306.3 KB · Views: 292
Level 49
You know, I was kind of tired yesterday when I started complaining the helmet looks wrong just because an older version looked better, and while my opinion hasn't changed that it could be improved a bit, I think this end result is compltely AWESOME! I'll give you some suggestions and critique and stuff when I get home, gotta go right now teacher forcing me to leave. ><

Last edited:
Because I'm sure many of you have been asking for it <3

grom_hellscream_sculpture_wip_by_mr_goblin-d33udqu.gif

:goblin_good_job:

PS : I believe the head is too big, I'll try to fix that later and remake the head smaller, now.. concerning the legs that are a tad too small = I can't fik it, sorry :(

Last edited:
Wow, that's really cool Goblin. :D

Thanks mate!..

on a side note..
Here's an other wip of something I've been working on <3 :goblin_yeah:

Attachments

• Castle Crasher BLUE RED ORANGE WIP.png
    Castle Crasher BLUE RED ORANGE WIP.png
    318.7 KB · Views: 4,858
Last edited:
I think he means that you should make the red one more red. (>.>)
Okay, what he means I think is, that you should make the red one less orange and more red. It has so much orange in it right now.

That must be your computer's color, because for me it's Christmas red, it's the same color as your avatar's christmas tuque... :goblin_jawdrop:

---------

Kostas_necro = Thanks :D :goblin_yeah:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

I think kola is referring to the (bright purple) sparks on the red one's sword. Because he is most definitely red. I know for a fact that my computer is calibrated correctly.

Also, cool scene, Gobo.

Sooo... Small new WIP..:goblin_good_job:

been working and messing around to create the ''proportions of a goblin (of Mr.Goblin)'' cause with this static pose, I'll be able to create and design some awesome armors... (those will come later)

so...

FIRST PICTURE
-Pencil Drawing Goblin's proportions (final choice)
-Digital art of the ''Goblin's Proportions'')
-Photomanipulation using the Human proportions picture to make sure everything is in place.
-Human proportions, (Image was found on internet)

SECOND PICTURE
-3 Possible ''Goblin's proportion'' tests..(Made in Pencil)

:goblin_yeah::goblin_good_job::goblin_yeah::goblin_good_job::goblin_yeah::goblin_good_job:

Attachments

• IMG_0096.jpg
    IMG_0096.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 232
  • proportions test.jpg
    proportions test.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 5,485
Last edited:
the goblins pose looks awkward kinda like they are flexing their pecs at you, besides that they look great.

perhaps you should do a side or a top view of them

that was already part of my plan... :3 (side, and back) since it's the only two that are really useful.. when we are talking about rubic conception.

--------------
Edit = New WIP :D

Attachments

• proportions test.png
    proportions test.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 6,283
Last edited:
Level 9
NEW WIP.. I belive the front is finish..

here's the first wip of the back now :D :goblin_good_job:
still not finish, but I wanted to know what you guys think first.. :D

it still looks great but there are a couple things bothering me

the color of the highlight for 2 different views are different, which doesnt really make much of a difference. EDIT: nevermind you seemed to fix this

Also, near the edges of the arms and legs look a little flat, i dont know how to describe it well, its not noticeable unless you look for it.

New W.I.P :goblin_boom:

Now don't freak out!:goblin_jawdrop:.. Goblin's Tale is dead for warcraft3.. but I'm working on the whole look of the game for fun, and for later purpose.. like my portfolio for example.

Beside.. I added you a small gift.. just a basic GIF of the goblin berserker W.I.P

Attachments

• proportions test copy.jpg
    proportions test copy.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 2,818
  • GoblinBerserker.gif
    GoblinBerserker.gif
    215.6 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
Level 9
Please before posting, please consider I'm still learning and I'm very aware of my lacking skills in different drawing areas.

I find this statement hard to believe Mr. Goblin, you’re an exceptional concept artist, call me easy to please, but you shouldn't sell yourself short. :goblin_yeah:

One of my favorites is your final image of the Leviathan, I swear one of these days I'm gonna be playing Gears of War or something and that thing is gonna jump out of the water and bite my head off... lol :grin:

I also love your beast concept art for your ram race, I swear its like looking into a research journal from the 1700s, they look that good, to me that is.

On the subject of your Grom clay statue, he looks great, but yeah his head is too big, but then again Grom always did have a fat head to begin with so maybe you've given us a look at the true Grom Hellscream, now you just need to make one of his son Garrosh with his head twice as big to complete the family portrait... lol

Your an exceptional artist Mr. Goblin, looking forward to seeing more of your art down the road. :grin:

Regards,

Jake

Level 21
Looking awesome as always and I'll check the thread when I have time or I'm not busy doing anything.
Do you take requests or you just draw for fun?

Looking awesome as always and I'll check the thread when I have time or I'm not busy doing anything.
Do you take requests or you just draw for fun?

I don't take request.. and I don't only draw for fun! I also draw for my portfolio! so it's x2 more awesome :D

So.. concerning my art so far..

The Mok'notor won't be finish soon at all, cause I haven't felt like working on it for the past 4 months. Concerning the Castle Crasher Fan art, I droped it, because finaly after playing the game, I realised I could do something more representing... which I won't do soon. Concerning the Pan, maybe I'll finish it, but certainly not now or soon, concerning the Goblin Anatomy thingy, after the comments of many skilled artist, I realised most of the things were wrong, and that I should simply redo it completly.... which I won't cause I don't feel like it, since I've been working on it for the past week or so.....

SOooooooooooooooooooooooo........... NEW DRAWING!
ODST fan art, doing it fucking big for training, proportion + perspective + detail training, WHOLE PACKAGE!

Attachments

• ODST copy.png
    ODST copy.png
    614.4 KB · Views: 189
Level 49
after the comments of many skilled artist, I realised most of the things were wrong, and that I should simply redo it completly....
Damn, that really sucks. :/ I don't see why you care though anytime it looks good, I mean as you said, it's just for displaying armor and stuff.
Also, you drop way too many stuff, you should work on a single thing and at least, you know, finish it. :p

Damn, that really sucks. :/ I don't see why you care though anytime it looks good, I mean as you said, it's just for displaying armor and stuff.
Also, you drop way too many stuff, you should work on a single thing and at least, you know, finish it. :p

well redoing it, is just part of the process of learning my proportions and how the human body works... (muscles jonctions, bone structure and mouvement, etc) so it's just part of the daily training of any reasonable artist to work on the field he's not good at (even tough it gets frustrating alot, it's part of the barging of being an artist)

anyhow, I have only droped 1 drawing so far, the others.. I've put a hold on it... and I will finish them when I feel like it. The Mok'notor is really well started and even in a few months, I don't think I'll be much better than I am right now concerning my texturing and shading... concerning the Faun, I really love it so far, I just don't have the skills needed to reproduce what I had in mind (yet) (position wise) so I'm training right now, and will continu it another time... Concerning the castle crasher fan art = Bite me, only worked on it 3-4 hours, no major time lost...

anyhow.. now it's time for proportion / perspective / atmosphere training :D

Nonsense, you're one of the greatest artists around here ;)

I'll keep an eye on this too see your progress :D

anyhow, after asking a few hivers etc, I've finaly decided to change this fan art.. instead of being a fan art.. it will be?!

TUM..TUM.TUMMmmmmmm a sci-fi soldier concepted interely by me.. WASSASSSsss!

Soo yup, I can't even start drawing it, I need to make the concept for his armor first, which is also extremly fun! :D

soo.. Sci-fi creativity training? Indeed.. :goblin_boom:

Edit: New WIP! or not, just making myself a nice bust so I can design helmet concept on it (indeed, everything needs to look professionnal) :3

Attachments

• Helmet concept.png
    Helmet concept.png
    110.5 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Level 9

anyhow, after asking a few hivers etc, I've finaly decided to change this fan art.. instead of being a fan art.. it will be?!

TUM..TUM.TUMMmmmmmm a sci-fi soldier concepted interely by me.. WASSASSSsss!

Soo yup, I can't even start drawing it, I need to make the concept for his armor first, which is also extremly fun! :D

soo.. Sci-fi creativity training? Indeed.. :goblin_boom:

Edit: New WIP! or not, just making myself a nice bust so I can design helmet concept on it (indeed, everything needs to look professionnal) :3

looks good, but the nostril opposite of the viewer is off and there is a tiny dark value that can be erased at the edge of the farthest eye, other than that looks great.

looks good, but the nostril opposite of the viewer is off and there is a tiny dark value that can be erased at the edge of the farthest eye, other than that looks great.

I'll fix that later :D ... now time for a new major WIP

Attachments

• Helmet concept.png
    Helmet concept.png
    228 KB · Views: 179
Thanks all for your kind comments, anyhow.. I NEED YOUR HELP!

I hate this, it might be a concept, but I feel highly not original

every single sci-fi game has a huge beast in it...

I don't know what to do... I need enemis for my incoming Sci-fi soldier concept, that will be seen in the background, so while I'm at it, why not design some enemis interrely? anyway

I NEED IDEAS for possibe alien enemis.
What I need is:
-Evil and strong looking aliens that seems really hard to kill or bring down (huge).
-Intelligent aliens that are attacking the earth for an X reason. (Abit like in halo)

I have no idea if I want diffrent type of aliens, like in halo, cause even tough it's more fun to make, I find it highly strange that diffrent race of aliens would team up to invade other planets... or to protect themselves from the human, which sounds stupid but not impossible.

anyway, help me..... with ''this'' D:

Attachments

• Alien 1.png
    Alien 1.png
    208 KB · Views: 118
Status
Not open for further replies.