• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zul'jin

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
Here he is at last. Took me a while to finish this one. Not my best model evah, but I'm pretty satisfied with the result.

Some parts of the texture are better than others, but I'm quite pleased with the animations.

Don't even bother complaining about filesize, this guy has a buttload of animations. They take up space.

Thanks to Zaljinzoo for suggestions on animations and general support!

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy.

UPDATE: Alright, so I've added two alternatives: one-armed Zul'jin and Warcraft II Zul'jin.
One-armed is exactly what you'd expect, a one-armed version like the one in WoW. Bit of a lazy edit, but it works. I've deleted all the axe throwing animations from this one.
Warcraft II Zul'jin is a version without the blade from WoW, for WCII purists I guess. This one has also been stripped of some animations, just the other way around.
These versions having less animations also result in a lower filesize, so that way people can choose the version they like best and thereby save some space :)
Also, the projectile is optional of course.

UPDATE 2: Alright, I managed to lower the filesize significantly by linearizing the animations. Now this is something that I normally do before I upload, but I usually do it in Mdlvis. However when I tried to do it with this model it screwed up the animations and visibility completely. However I just tried to do the same thing with the Matrix Eater and it seems to work better. The OCD in my seems to notice that the animation quality has gone down a bit, but that might just be a placebo. Please help me to test it out and see if it makes a difference, and look out for any animation flaws.
I had the same issue with Mdlvis and Lothar, so I'm gonna try to do the same to him as well.

UPDATE 3: Fixed the Hand Right attachment point node. Thanks to @BloodSoul for pointing it out.
Contents

Zul'jin (Model)

ZuljinProjectile (Model)

Zuljin_OneArmed (Model)

Zuljin_WCII (Model)

Reviews
The_Silent
MODERATION Approved Pretty amazing models, with great custom animations, texture and a lot of attention to detail. Great job.

Roland

R

Roland

Now that's motherfucking eyegasm to my eyes, Megusta 'mon.

Level 39
Thanks guys!

Please note that the filesize shown here (746.98kb) is not the actual filesize. The texture is uploaded twice because of how the system works. So it's really a bit smaller than that.

If it's a huge problem I guess I can upload a more compressed texture, I just really dislike the loss of quality.

Have you though about releasing a one-armed version as well?:)

I admit I haven't. But now that you mention it, it should be fairly easy to make. I might make an update for him at some point ;)

Level 39
UPDATE: Alright, so I've added two alternatives: one-armed Zul'jin and Warcraft II Zul'jin.
One-armed is exactly what you'd expect, a one-armed version like the one in WoW. Bit of a lazy edit, but it works. I've deleted all the axe throwing animations from this one.
Warcraft II Zul'jin is a version without the blade from WoW, for WCII purists I guess. This one has also been stripped of some animations, just the other way around.
These versions having less animations also result in a lower filesize, so that way people can choose the version they like best and thereby save some space :)
Also, the projectile is optional of course.

Level 8
This work is epic, but man, the filesize scares.
Try to make a more optimized version.
Maybe a version with classic animations of Warcraft or with in-game textures.

Last edited:
Level 39
I'm so... so damn in love with this model. Might be my new favourite of all time.

Gorejuice : D

:D

Yeah, that's not gonna happen. Do you even realize what you're asking? You're asking me to basically remake the whole model. With ingame animations and textures the model would be basically unrecognizable from what it is now. The Hive is literally filled with models using ingame textures/animations. If you've got a tight filesize budget don't use my models, use one of the billion other resources available to you for free. Custom textures and animations is my thing.
Texturing is the part of this process I enjoy the most, I'm not gonna change that just because people are anal about filesize. Using vanilla animations wouldn't even make a difference, as the bones would still contain keyframe animation.

My models are really meant for campaigns anyway (always thought this was very clear from my choice of concepts). If you want a Zul'jin with ingame textures/lower filesize use this one. Or the one from the Heart of Storms resource pack. There are so many options for people who need low filesize models. Why should I change the way I work, or double my workload to also accommodate for that?

Sorry if I come off as a dick, but this particular complaint is something that's really getting on my nerves. Because it has nothing to do with the quality of the actual resource, but rather with the users' personal expectations. It's really very simple. Making a campaign or a map where filesize is not an issue? Use my models. Making a multiplayer map with a tight kb budget? Use one of the other gazillion awesome models on this site.

Finally it's not even that big. Sure the version with the double animation set isn't small, but animations take up space. That's just the way it is. That's why I uploaded the other versions, which is already more than I'd usually do.

Last edited:
Level 39
UPDATE 2: Alright, I managed to lower the filesize significantly by linearizing the animations. Now this is something that I normally do before I upload, but I usually do it in Mdlvis. However when I tried to do it with this model it screwed up the animations and visibility completely. However I just tried to do the same thing with the Matrix Eater and it seems to work better. The OCD in me seems to notice that the animation quality has gone down a bit, but that might just be placebo. Please help me to test it out and see if it makes a difference, and look out for any animation flaws.
I had the same issue with Mdlvis and Lothar, so I'm gonna try to do the same to him as well.

Also please remember that the filesize shown at the top is not the actual filesize. The real size would be approx. 395kb for the double animation set version and 295/297kb for the other two.

Level 8
Do you even realize what you're asking?
Yeah, I've realized, otherwise I wouldn't write it. Don't you think?

You're asking me to basically remake the whole model. With ingame animations and textures the model would be basically unrecognizable from what it is now.
Nope, read again:
That means maybe you could try it. If you want, do it, if not, don't do it.
Moreover, I said "Warcraft's animations OR with in-game textures", not AND

If you've got a tight filesize budget don't use my models.
Believe me bro, I don't use any of your models.

If you want a Zul'jin with ingame textures/lower filesize use this one. Or the one from the Heart of Storms resource pack. There are so many options for people who need low filesize models.
I don't need a Zul'jin model, but when I need one, I'll create a post in the requests section, not by a comment. :eek:

I'm not gonna change that just because people are anal about filesize.
Why should I change the way I work, or double my workload to also accommodate for that?
Sorry if I come off as a dick, but this particular complaint is something that's really getting on my nerves. Because it has nothing to do with the quality of the actual resource, but rather with the users' personal expectations.
As I told you before: if you want, do it, if not, don't do it, it's that simple.

I'm not asking you to change the way you work, nor have I despised or discredited the quality of your work. My comments always are simple suggestions (not complaints) that could be beneficial to the author of the resource, as well as the users. If you want to take it personally, not my problem.

Last edited:
Level 39
Yeah, I've realized, otherwise I wouldn't write it. Don't you think?

Nope, read again:

That means maybe you could try it. If you want, do it, if not, don't do it.
Moreover, I said "Warcraft's animations OR with in-game textures", not AND

Believe me bro, I don't use any of your models.

I don't need a Zul'jin model, but when I need one, I'll create a post in the requests section, not by a comment. :eek:

As I told you before: if you want, do it, if not, don't do it, it's that simple.

I'm not asking you to change the way you work, nor have I despised or discredited the quality of your work. My comments always are simple suggestions (not complaints) that could be beneficial to the author of the resource, as well as the users. If you want to take it personally, not my problem.

But that's exactly what you did. By asking me to use ingame textures or animations you are not only asking me to change the way I make models entirely, you are also asking me to spend a huge amount of time on top of the hours I've already spent making this model. Using ingame textures is not a "simple suggestion" as you call it. It takes work and practice to use the correct textures and make it look right. Not to mention that unwrapping is the most boring thing ever.

I know you didn't question the quality of my work, which is kinda my issue. I would rather have people criticizing the actual model, instead of something as ridiculous as filesize which I have pretty much no control over.

And this model is not the only one you've suggested this for:

It can be created with 100% in-game textures, because the filesize is so excessive bro.
Also, you could put it animations of Warcraft's models.
Anyway, the modeling is awesome.

From my Lothar model. No, it can't be "created with 100% ingame textures", not without changing the look of the model fundamentally. You kinda seem to be under the impression that the mesh is the only important part of a model. Textures and animations are equally important in making the model as a whole.

And finally, as I said before filesize is not the only thing to consider in models, but you seem to make it so in your comments which is what ticked me off. Plenty of users use models for campaigns, where filesize is not important. My point was that maybe you should consider the target audience for my models before you tell me that they could be made "100% with ingame textures".

You don't know how frustrating it is after spending literally hours painstakingly hand-texturing and keyframing animations, to have someone say that it can all be replaced with ingame stuff to "save space".

Thanks for splitting the model into separate versions with less animations, @Tauer. I can now afford to use this great model of yours! Cheers!

PS: I have a feeling that the hero glow might be too strong/bright. Is it just me?

You're welcome! Not sure about the hero glow, I'll take a look at it.

Damn, really amazing model!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Level 8
But that's exactly what you did. By asking me to use ingame textures or animations you are not only asking me to change the way I make models entirely, you are also asking me to spend a huge amount of time on top of the hours I've already spent making this model.
Nope, I didn't ask for any of that, the only thing I asked was lower the file size (which you just did it yesterday); everything else were simple suggestions.

Using ingame textures is not a "simple suggestion" as you call it. It takes work and practice to use the correct textures and make it look right. Not to mention that unwrapping is the most boring thing ever.
Well, that's a matter of perspective, I personally know a lot of modelers who love the unwrapping, like Vaanel for example, but if it's boring for you, it's okay.

I know you didn't question the quality of my work, which is kinda my issue. I would rather have people criticizing the actual model, instead of something as ridiculous as filesize which I have pretty much no control over.
Hahaha, maybe it's ridiculous for you bro, but for a mapper who loves to make multiplayer maps, every kilobyte is sacred!

This model is not the only one you've suggested this for: From my Lothar model. No, it can't be "created with 100% ingame textures", not without changing the look of the model fundamentally.
It's because I like to encourage modelers to use in-game textures, however, I didn't remember suggesting it to you before, sorry for saying it again.

You kinda seem to be under the impression that the mesh is the only important part of a model. Textures and animations are equally important in making the model as a whole.
Yes, I admit it, I'm guilty. Tbh, the models with in-game textures are what cause me the most astonishment, especially when I don't understand how they could have been made, like some models of Stefan.K, GeneralFrank, Grendel, JesusHipster, and many others modelers who unfortunately weren't registered here.
But I also appreciate a lot of works with included textures, and perhaps rarely the custom animations, but I do it anyway.

Filesize is not the only thing to consider in models, but you seem to make it so in your comments which is what ticked me off. Plenty of users use models for campaigns, where filesize is not important. My point was that maybe you should consider the target audience for my models before you tell me that they could be made "100% with ingame textures".
That's something egoist, think about creating models only for campaigns. I'm quite sure that many mappers are left with the desire to be able to use your models in their multiplayer maps.
Whatever, your models = your decision, but maybe (JUST MAYBE) you could think about them too.

You don't know how frustrating it is after spending literally hours painstakingly hand-texturing and keyframing animations, to have someone say that it can all be replaced with ingame stuff to "save space".
As I told you before, I'm not despised or discredited the quality of your work man.
If I can't give you any suggestions for your models (excluding the size), congrats! because that means I didn't find any flaws.

Sorry bro, but not all comments can be "good job".

Level 39
Nope, I didn't ask for any of that, the only thing I asked was lower the file size (which you just did it yesterday); everything else were simple suggestions.

Well, that's a matter of perspective, I personally know a lot of modelers who love the unwrapping, like Vaanel for example, but if it's boring for you, it's okay.

Hahaha, maybe it's ridiculous for you bro, but for a mapper who loves to make multiplayer maps, every kilobyte is sacred!

It's because I like to encourage modelers to use in-game textures, however, I didn't remember suggesting it to you before, sorry for saying it again.

Yes, I admit it, I'm guilty. Tbh, the models with in-game textures are what cause me the most astonishment, especially when I don't understand how they could have been made, like some models of Stefan.K, GeneralFrank, Grendel, JesusHipster, and many others modelers who unfortunately weren't registered here.
But I also appreciate a lot of works with included textures, and perhaps rarely the custom animations, but I do it anyway.

That's something egoist, think about creating models only for campaigns. I'm quite sure that many mappers are left with the desire to be able to use your models in their multiplayer maps.
Whatever, your models = your decision, but maybe (JUST MAYBE) you could think about them too.

As I told you before, I'm not despised or discredited the quality of your work man.
If I can't give you any suggestions for your models (excluding the size), congrats! because that means I didn't find any flaws.

In no way do I want all the comments to be "good job". I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I encourage criticism. I like constructive criticism that can help me improve on areas that are lacking. This does not include filesize. I will compress the texture, I will linearize animations, whatever I have to to make the final filesize as small as possible. But I will not change the entire look of the model and throw out hours of work, just to save a few kilobytes.
But my whole issue with your comment is not criticism or discrediting. It's the total disregard of the amount of work put into custom textures and animations. You may have phrased it like a suggestion, but the comment was still a total disregard of the amount of time I put into making it.

I don't think it's egoistic (just the use of that word when talking about free resources kinda piss me off) to make models primarily with campaigns in mind. So the fact that I make mainly Orcs is also selfish? No, it's just what I prefer. I mean hell, just the fact that all of my models are based on characters from the lore should pretty much give away my preference.
As I said before The Hive is filled with models that people can use in multiplayer maps. If you value your precious kilobytes so much you have plenty of other options. Custom textures and animations are way more rare. There is no need for me to "think about them too" as you put it. Besides I'm not doing this as a favor to anyone. I do it because I like it. And that includes texturing and animation.

Level 8
I like constructive criticism that can help me improve on areas that are lacking. This does not include filesize.
If the file size wasn't an important point, more than the 75% of the maps would be made with WoW models or another rips. ;)

My whole issue with your comment is not criticism or discrediting. It's the total disregard of the amount of work put into custom textures and animations. You may have phrased it like a suggestion, but the comment was still a total disregard of the amount of time I put into making it.
Oh god...
This work is epic, but bla bla bla...
The word "epic" means "disregard" for you?

I don't think it's egoistic (just the use of that word when talking about free resources kinda piss me off) to make models primarily with campaigns in mind. So the fact that I make mainly Orcs is also selfish? No, it's just what I prefer. I mean hell, just the fact that all of my models are based on characters from the lore should pretty much give away my preference.
As I said before The Hive is filled with models that people can use in multiplayer maps. Custom textures and animations are way more rare. There is no need for me to "think about them too" as you put it. Besides I'm not doing this as a favor to anyone. I do it because I like it. And that includes texturing and animation.
Yeah, that's why I told you: "your models = your decision" :eek:

Last edited:
Level 39
If the size wasn't an important point, more than the 75% of the maps would be made with WoW rips. ;)

Right, that's why. Couldn't have to do with the fact that WoW models look horribly out of place in Warcraft III.

Oh god...

The word "epic" means "disregard" for you?

No it doesn't, but casually inferring that my work can be "100%" replaced with ingame stuff does.

Yeah, that's why I told you: "your models = your decision" :eek:

Sure, right after calling me egoistic for making that decision.

Level 8
Right, that's why. Couldn't have to do with the fact that WoW models look horribly out of place in Warcraft III.
From your perspective.

No it doesn't, but casually inferring that my work can be "100%" replaced with ingame stuff does.
Yup, I do it.

Sure, right after calling me egoistic for making that decision.
That's your big problem, everything you take to heart.

Level 9

Hope you don't mind if I throw my 2 cents into this argument, but I have to stand by Tauer with this one, Alleister.
Things like my Archimonde model that you posted on could very well have been made with in-game textures, obviously, and it's now updated to be so created. But you leave these sorts of comments on some of the greatest models I've literally ever seen on this site, like Deathwing, the Lich King and a multitude of Tauer's models, models that ARE so great in a large part due to their custom animations and textures. They might not be perfectly suited for multiplayer maps, it's true, but not every model should have to be.

I know you said it was just a suggestion, but when the artist clearly states that that is not something he wishes to do and disagrees with your points, it's probably better to just let it go and lay off, and not leave the same comment on other models of his. It's just frustrating and slightly annoying, even for those who are not the artist themselves. From an outside perspective, seeing your same comment on some of these fantastic models gets... A little grating. In truth, it's partly why I snapped at you on the Archimonde model, because I had gotten so jaded towards seeing that very same comment on some of my favorite resources from the very same user.

If it's selfish and egotistical of Tauer to make models better optimized for a campaign than a multiplayer map, it's selfish and egotistical of you to constantly "suggest" to him to change his style when he clearly has no interest in it. As a maker of multiplayer maps, you appreciate lower file size. That's fine, that's your thing. But as someone who is working on a multitude of campaigns and much better appreciates higher quality models, despite their sizes, I have to say I would have far less interest in my own work if I didn't have access to Tauer's models. They are a godsend for projects like mine. I like a lot of the work of people like Stefan.K who manage to make some great resources with purely vanilla textures/animations and absolutely respect their skill in the manipulation of those aspects of the classic models, but I personally much prefer the style of people like Tauer for my own projects, just personally, and it's a style that simply cannot be replicated with purely vanilla textures and animations. It'd be like asking Da Vinci to make the Mona Lisa in watercolors and macaroni art. It's just not happening.

So please, you've both said your pieces, can we just stop the argument and let Tauer make models in his own style, as he has been so kind as to donate countless hours of his free time to deliver his high quality work?

Level 9
Ahm... bro, did you see the date of my comment, right?
In case you haven't seen it, here is the date. Thursday at 7:16 AM
Yes, the "argument" was stopped three days ago.

Whatever, don't mind, is your opinion, I will not change it, nor you can change mine.
Actually no, I did not see the date on it, initially. Even if I had, though, the argument didn't seem to have a very conclusive end so it gave the impression that it was not yet resolved.
I apologize if you found my input unnecessary to the current discussion I was relating to, but the point still stands for, as I mentioned, I've seen you make these comments on many other models than this one.
Still though, it seems my post was a bit of a waste as you're apparently too rigid in your mindset to think that you were perhaps in the wrong. Sorry for wasting time with it, then, I just thought you might have been a touch more reasonable than that, though I'm not sure what might have given me that impression.

Good day.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
A good conversation is never over, Aleister. ; )

I'm in a bit of a weird place, because while I agree that Tauer has the full right to do whatever-the-heck he wants with his Resources (really, any artist), I do the exact thing that Aleister does, all over the (model) Resource section(s): offer critique & suggestions. Specifically, I'm always suggesting people use in-game textures (just personally, 9 times out of 10 a custom texture won't look as good-in-the-game as an in-game texture. Tauer is that 1% exception, lol... But I'll almost always prefer an in-game textured model to a normal one. I don't have size restraints (custom MPQ ftw) but rather aesthetic constraints; everything I make MUST look like it could've come from Blizzard Themselves. In-game Fitting-ness is one of my highest criteria for a custom resource. Anyway).

But yeah, Zaljinzoo left a reasoned & thoughtful rebuttal. There ain't no time limit on respect. ; P

Level 9

I'm in a bit of a weird place, because while I agree that Tauer has the full right to do whatever-the-heck he wants with his Resources (really, any artist), I do the exact thing that Aleister does, all over the (model) Resource section(s): offer critique & suggestions. Specifically, I'm always suggesting people use in-game textures (just personally, 9 times out of 10 a custom texture won't look as good-in-the-game as an in-game texture. Tauer is that 1% exception, lol... But I'll almost always prefer an in-game textured model to a normal one. I don't have size restraints (custom MPQ ftw) but rather aesthetic constraints; everything I make MUST look like it could've come from Blizzard Themselves. In-game Fitting-ness is one of my highest criteria for a custom resource. Anyway).

But yeah, Zaljinzoo left a reasoned & thoughtful rebuttal. There ain't no time limit on respect. ; P
Thank you, Kyrbi0. And I agree; a custom texture that makes a model near unusable due to not matching any sort of style within the game should receive a word of mention on that, unless it's a part of a larger series which very clearly attempts to deviate from the classic style of Warcraft, i.e. Scars of Conflict resources. That's a fair point of critique. But Tauer's models have always fit comfortably alongside any of the original models of Warcraft III, and that's not what Aleister was critiquing. He was saying the custom texture AND animations were a problem because it gives the model a larger file size and thus creates problems with putting them in multiplayer maps, even though that was clearly not the intended use for the model.

That was what I was arguing for, that not EVERY model should be stifled or crippled in quality or desired style for the sake of multiplayer compatibility. Making that a rule or requirement would have led to many great models never seeing the light of day. And it's not just that he decided to "suggest" this drastic change in style to Tauer, but that he "suggested" it on quite a few of his resources, and others, when he's been told that they have no interest in following that particular suggestion, both politely and more argumentatively, which just comes off as rude and, honestly, a bit childish.

I'm curious what your own thoughts on that side of the dispute are, if you would indulge me. :)

Level 39

You see, to me, that would actually by a valid complaint. As an artist, I'm much more interested in how good my models look ingame than in something as (in my opinion) trivial as filesize.
If someone were to say to me: "hey Tauer, your textures don't match the WC3 ones", that would actually be something that would make me wanna change the way I work. Because that's, simply put, so much more important to me than whether or not my models can be used in a DotA or TD map. To me, it's all about the art. If it doesn't look good, none of the rest matters.

On the topic of ingame vs custom textures, I'm on the opposite side of you. In my opinion making ingame textures look good takes a lot of work, and often it ends up looking disjointed or simply unrealistic, mostly because of lack of proper shading or lighting. It takes a lot to impress me with ingame textures (we do have quite a few people here on the Hive that do though), whereas stuff like Kwaliti's LK/Deathwing and Traggey's latest WIPs blow my mind. But this is simply a matter of preference, and I have no problem with people enjoying ingame textures more ;)

My problem with the current situation is that these complaints had nothing to do with the art itself. The "suggestion" (which, as Zaljinzoo pointed out, was made on several of my models and Kwaliti's two models, arguably the most popular models in the history of this site) was to fundamentally change the entire look the model, all in order to save a few kilobytes. That, and also the fact that he actually straight up claimed that the texture on my Lothar model could be "100% replaced" with ingame textures, just made it feel like a total disregard of the work put into making these textures.

Also, being called egoistic for making free resources really pisses me off.

Level 8

I'm in a bit of a weird place, because while I agree that Tauer has the full right to do whatever-the-heck he wants with his Resources (really, any artist), I do the exact thing that Aleister does, all over the (model) Resource section(s): offer critique & suggestions. Specifically, I'm always suggesting people use in-game textures.
Yeeeaaah! Someone who finally has the sufficient reasoning to understand every word I said. :)
Thank you @Kyrbi0!

And that's not what Aleister was critiquing. saying the custom texture AND animations were a problem because it gives the model a larger file size and thus creates problems with putting them in multiplayer maps, even though that was clearly not the intended use for the model.
That was what I was arguing for, that not EVERY model should be stifled or crippled in quality or desired style for the sake of multiplayer compatibility. Making that a rule or requirement would have led to many great models never seeing the light of day. And it's not just that he decided to "suggest" this drastic change in style to Tauer, but that he "suggested" it on quite a few of his resources, and others, when he's been told that they have no interest in following that particular suggestion, both politely and more argumentatively, which just comes off as rude and, honestly, a bit childish.
For people like you the shampoo has instructions.
You become the "smart" and "diplomatic" but you really didn't understand anything I said.

My problem with the current situation is that these complaints had nothing to do with the art itself. The "suggestion" (which, as Tauerliever pointed out, was made on several of my models and Kwaliti's two models, arguably the most popular models in the history of this site) was to fundamentally change the entire look the model, all in order to save a few kilobytes. That, and also the fact that he actually straight up claimed that the texture on my Lothar model could be "100% replaced" with ingame textures, just made it feel like a total disregard of the work put into making these textures.
Lol! Do you spend all the time checking my comments? That stalker. ( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

Whatever, this childish user has two options: (For those who have little capacity for understanding, with "this child user" I'm referring to myself.)

1. Re-expose each of my points (in vain) to try to make them (Tauer and Tauerliever) understand my point wasn't the animations, nor the included texture, nor change the way Tauer works, until... a moderator puts us to a halt (with fair reason).

2. Click the button "Unwatch Thread".

So guys, if believe in have the reason makes you happy... well, both are absolutely right!
You can continue arguing, doesn't matter!

Regards and see you in the next post! :D

Last edited:
Level 9
Yeeeaaah! Someone who finally has the sufficient reasoning to understand every word I said. :)
Thank you @Kyrbi0!

For people like you the shampoo has instructions.
You become the "smart" and "diplomatic" but you really didn't understand anything I said.

Lol! Did you spend it looking for all my comments? That stalker. ( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

Whatever, this childish user has two options: (For those who have little capacity for understanding, with "this child user" I'm referring to myself.)

1. Re-expose each of my points (in vain) to try to make them (Tauer and Tauerliever) understand my point wasn't the animations, nor the included texture, nor change the way Tauer works, until... a moderator puts us to a halt (with fair reason).

2. Click the button "Unwatch Thread".

So guys, if believe in have the reason makes you happy... well, both are absolutely right!

Regards and see you in the next post! :D
You don't need to re-express your points. You've made them already, as you said. Or rather, I THOUGHT you had, but you just claimed that the very things you brought up that started this whole conversation were not the problems, so NOW I'm a little confused.

First of all, I'd politely request you to watch your tone. Literally the worst thing I have said about you this entire time has been that you can come off as a little bit rude and slightly childish, at times. You don't need to fill your responses with overloads of sass. The more reasonably you word yourself, the more people will be willing to listen. At least, usually. It is because of this attitude that I even said those things in the first place.

Second of all, what are we misunderstanding here? Your first comment on this thread literally suggested to Tauer to remake the entire model with in-game textures and animations so it could be more optimized. Am I incorrect there, so far? No? Well, then Tauer replied with his answer, stating very clearly he had no interest in doing that and never will make models like that, explaining his reasons why. Even he admitted, in that post, that he might come off as sounding a bit upset, but it's only because you, and many other people, have brought it up to him before and just can't seem to catch the hint that he's not going to do it.

Your response was to literally pick apart, line by line, what Tauer had said and offer your own rebuttals to his points, and slipping in some snarky, unnecessary responses as well like "Believe me, I don't use any of your models." Tell me: why so eager to let it go NOW, when you were perfectly willing to drag the argument out to this point. You made your points and your suggestion, Tauer declined, you chose to keep antagonizing him about it. And before you bring up that he is equally to blame for prolonging the argument, I will go ahead and say that is mostly true. But there are two roles in an argument. There is the aggressor, and the defender. The more the aggressor tries to push his point, the more the defender will defend against them. In most cases, this means the aggressor is somewhat more at fault for the continuation of an argument than the defender. You have been the aggressor of this conversation. If you found the argument pointless, the smartest thing to do would have been to simply let it go. Or to at least ATTEMPT to be less rude in your tone with your following messages. You're baiting people on with your snarky replies and your continued insistence of your own points, and then chastising them for taking the bait. That's why I'm defending Tauer in this, not just because he happens to be a rather good friend of mine.

If you want to unwatch the thread, unwatch it. Don't make a huge drama out of clicking the damn button. You said yourself the argument was over for you, I made my closing remark, why jump back in it now? My last post was not addressed to you, but to Kyrbi0, as I was legitimately curious to hear his opinion on the whole argument. You know why? Because I'm flexible enough in my thinking to at least allow for the possibility that I might have been wrong, that maybe it was JUST your tone and JUST your attitude that gave me a negative outlook on what you were trying to say. I thought perhaps, were I in the wrong, Kyrbi0 (your only real sympathetic ear in this whole debate) might be able to present your case in a way that wouldn't come off as so insulting and thus be easier to read sympathetically, and to see the point behind it.

If you truly think I'm not understanding what you're trying to get at, you can feel free to try to re-explain yourself. But maybe try to keep it a little more civil and respectful than you have been? Is that really such a hard request?

Level 4
I FUCKING LOVE YOU! I have been waiting for an awesome Zul'jin (one-armed) model forever, I LOVE YOU! It is beautiful!

Edit: Officially my new favorite model once again amazing! the 3 variations are all amazing the animations, quality, its all awesome! Thank you so much for dedicating your time for this amazing model!

Last edited:
Level 6
Your animations are getting way better, getting professional son. I appreciate the crevice detail on his scarf and weaponry. My only criticisms are his nose could be moved lower (not that I really have a problem with where it is atm) and his two-handed with melee weapon model's missing his "hand,left" joint value (not sure what they're called), not that it's relevant to the actual artistry of the model. The shoulder-pad and brow threading's a bit excessive but I understand why they're there.

I'd love to see you re-master those old Gul'dan (with the horse) and Cho'Gall models you did years back.

Lastly if you do plan to make another Cho'gall *cough* it'd be awesome if you had Cho as a melee attacker, maybe with hammer? and Gall as the "alternate" ranged attacker/caster. Ha, maybe have them lean their direction into whose being controlled.

Also in response to whatever argument that was above, this dude legit says you can edit his models in his sig. Looks like you got some in-game texture maps to wrap bud.

Last edited:

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

<3 <3 <3 "It's time for a little blood!" 5/5 from me! Gonna use it for future heroes in my AoS.

Level 13
You have done a hell of a nice work right there. Indeed, a high quality model. However, there's something weird with those models (except the projectile), and I'm impressed how none else noticed it up until this point: Well, the problem is that I can't reference the "hand right" attachment point. For some reason, it's named as "hand left" in the node manager. Could you fix it, please?

Level 39
You have done a hell of a nice work right there. Indeed, a high quality model. However, there's something weird with those models (except the projectile), and I'm impressed how none else noticed it up until this point: Well, the problem is that I can't reference the "hand right" attachment point. For some reason, it's named as "hand left" in the node manager. Could you fix it, please?

So it is! Thanks for letting me know. Should be fixed now, please check it out :)

Last edited:
Level 7
Just my two cents on the "ingame textures" front -- Tauer's tendency to use custom textures is one of the reasons I prefer his work over that of someone like Stefan.k. Ingame textures on a custom mesh can often lead to an eyesore.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Just my two cents on the "ingame textures" front -- Tauer's tendency to use custom textures is one of the reasons I prefer his work over that of someone like Stefan.k. Ingame textures on a custom mesh can often lead to an eyesore.
I disagree a good deal; it's all a matter of skill. In-game textures can look good; they just have to be wrapped well.

Moreover, they nearly always do a better job of fitting into Warcraft; it takes a good texturer & a keen eye to ensure custom textures fit.

Level 39
I have no interest in dumping on other people's work or the way they do it. We all have our own way of creating these models and there's nothing wrong with that. My issue with the discussion in this particular thread wasn't that I find custom textures superior to ingame ones, but that the person in question repeatedly went out of his way to infer that all textures and animations could be replaced with ingame stuff, including on other models than mine. I feel this is a total disregard for the amount of work put into making these things. For my models this means upwards of 75 - 80% of the work I did was casually disregarded as being "100% replaceable" with ingame stuff. To make matters worse, the person didn't even make this "suggestion" because of the quality of my animations/textures or because it clashed with the artstyle of the game (both of which would have been valid reasons), but because of something as fucking stupid as filesize. That just pissed me off.

The whole thing was made even more dumb due to the fact that Blizzard raised the map size limit one month later, rendering the whole issue moot.