• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombieland 1.1

Reactions: twistedfate08
TLP Presents

Zombieland 1.1
Created by Nafre

Map Info:

Zombieland is a place where zombies have started resurrecting. In a team full of military survivors, you and your team must try to escape the zombieland and return to the mainland to warn them of what has happened here. To escape you and your team have to repair the helicopter. Recources which is needed to repair the helicopter can be obtained by looting castles.

Features:

This map contains many systems/features in order to make it work, be it my own system or others. This is a rough list on the systems/features used in my map.

• Wave System
  • Looting System
  • Bomb/Missile System(Redscores)
  • Damage Over Time System(Paladon&Dynasti)
  • Class System

Extra map Info:

In order to survive this game you have to complete it as fast as possible. This game requires good team work. Sending recources to your allies may help you win this game.

Screenshots:
*The pictures may be outdated*

Image Description:
This is the whole map overview. I added coloured dots to show the locations of places.

198024-albums5851-picture63227.jpg

Image Description:
This is a scenery of a basic village in the map.

198024-albums5851-picture61918.gif

Image Description:
The graveyard, where the dead lives.

198024-albums5851-picture61916.gif

Image Description:
This is a scene where players are looting for lumber.

198024-albums5851-picture63150.jpg

Change Log:

This map is posted on THW and awaiting feedback.

Added:
  • More Looting Spots
  • Mining Area
  • Added Classes
  • Multiboard
Fixed:
  • Fixed a looting bug
  • Fixed a pathing error in the forest.
Changed:
  • Bloodlust from the Marine

Credits:

Special Thanks:
Clan TLP for helping me in the early stages of the map.
Justicebringer for helping me with some ideas and gameplay changes.

Models:
  • Ergius(CloudofFog)
  • Pins(Space Marine)
  • Epsilon(Zombie Dog)
  • WILLTHEALMIGHTY(Ancient Explosion SFX/Plasma Gernade/Ultimate Explosion)
  • Illidan(evil)x-Helicopter
  • General Frank(Orbs models)
  • GiFun(Smith Workshop)
  • Sunchips(BreastPlate)
Icons:
  • Zombie(BTNrocket/BTNmachinegun)
  • Hasveen(BTNfama)
  • Riley(BTNmarine)
  • Hybred(BTNhealinginjection)
  • CrazyRussian(BTN_Plated_Vest)
  • -JonNny-(BTNMediKit)
  • Static(BTNBluePotion)
  • Big Dub(BTNOrbVar4)
  • Mihaita1995(All the Gem Models)
Systems:
  • RedScores(Missile System)
  • Paladon & Dynasti(DOT in GUI System)

Author's notes:

This map was made by an idea from an anime and started as a Survival map. I started production on this map on June. If you happen to come across any bugs in my map please report it. Any feedback will also be appreciated.
Whats to come:
  • A custom loading screen.
  • Environment Changes.

Keywords:
Zombie, Tlp, Nafre, Guns, Survival, Helicopter, Marines, Zombie Invasion, Apoclyapse, Defence, Defend
Contents

Zombieland 1.1 (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Nov/24 15:06:52 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] Comment: [tr]Not Rated Rules

M

Vengeancekael
Date: 2012/Nov/24 15:06:52
[Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact]

Comment:
Not Rated
[tr]​

reportV2_animated.jpg
Rules

Level 14
The map eventhough it's cool it's a bit difficult because zombies attack in a massive wave and are too difficult to get killed. Try making levels with each one more difficult than the other so it will get more intresting. Exept from this point the map idea and development are really good. :goblin_good_job:

Level 10
Hey !
This map is still so fun to play ,and i very like the idea .But it still needs some imroovement .I know that it is version 1.0 and you are planning to implement some other stuffs .But let me tell you what i think can make this more enjoyable .

*Remove those human musics becouse they dont match this athmosphere .Some imported music would be fine .Whithout music is appropriate too .But there are themes in warcraft 3 ,like Doom which can fit well i think .

*Useing some wall instead of "barrier"s would be better .

*You should put some cool weapons on ,like rocket launcher which knockbacks the zombies .Mines .Barrels which you can drop ,but doesnt explode until you shoot it down .Or like napalm bomb wich burns the bastards...etc. Explosions ,knockback ,fires yeaah!

*Lets implement some elite zombies!

*After the 3. round i was useing only chemicals .Killing all the graves with chemichals ,i earn like 80k gold in the 5. round .So the game became easy .

*Then the game crashed !

*Finally i recommend you to try this outhttp://www.gameitnow.com/Game/2417/Boxhead_4.html, its an awesome zombieshooter (online)game .

keep up the good work ! :goblin_good_job:

Level 7
Oh thx for the feedback.

@DESTROYER123- It was a little hard trying to determine what difficulty i would give the zombie because I have really noob friends to test the map out with. But i am already making the zombie difficulty selectable in the next version.

@Justicebringer- I do not understand some stuff but the others were useful feedback.
Heres what i dont understand:
*Useing some wall instead of "barrier"s would be better .
Do you mean the model or the name?

*Lets implement some elite zombies!
This i just don't understand.

Please clarify, I need to make the changes to my map. Thank you very much for the feedbacks.

Level 10
I mean it would looks cooler if the base where made up by wall ,instead of a line of burrows .Its not a big deal ,you may just ignore it ! XD

Sorry if the Elite zombie thing was a bit misty .So i meant that you should put on a few more powerful creep among the average zombies .Like minibosses you know . :ogre_haosis:

Oh and im not sure that those errors are made by the map or its just my warcraft .

Level 10
Level 7
can you put some background music :)) the background music must be creepy :))) :)))))
i suggest :))
The problem with that is that i have very limited music resources from the original wc3 and if i were to import music it would take up a lot of space. But i will try to learn more in this aspect and try to add some music. Thx for your suggestion.

Level 7
LOL, zombie again.
I don't think there is something wrong with zombies. This map was inspired to me by the anime Highschool of the Dead because i was watching it at that time.

Bad terrain!Its just simply flat!It's nice how you added moving pictures!
Did you play this version yet? I also realised that the terrain is flat and boring in the first version so in this version i made cliffs and added water. Lol, i hoped u like the moving pictures, its because i got bored and nothing to do with my time so i just did it.

Level 11
Eh. . . I didn't enjoy this game in the slightest.

This game is extremely boring unless you like sitting in one area for most of the time.

This game looks like it was based off of Nazi Zombies (a game I played on WC3 before).

Defending the helicopter in order to take off and return home is the objective of this game along with some other things placed around it.

The looting "system" you put in this game is probably what killed it. You watch your guy loot a castle and it is BORING! It takes so long to get lumber and it barley even repairs the helicopter, I would have to go back and forth to loot lumber about 60 times only IF it doesn't take any damage.

Maybe adding missions and completely changing your looting system would improve this game a lot. Instead of just looting a castle, how about you make units spawn that defends the castle from looters?

All I can say is that I'm giving this a 1/5.

Level 7
Maybe adding missions and completely changing your looting system would improve this game a lot. Instead of just looting a castle, how about you make units spawn that defends the castle from looters?

That sounds like a good idea. So that means tanker must go loot first to tank the attacking villagers. Thx for the idea. And i hope you can change the ratings after you tried the next version of the map.

Level 2
Eh. . . I didn't enjoy this game in the slightest.

The looting "system" you put in this game is probably what killed it. You watch your guy loot a castle and it is BORING! It takes so long to get lumber and it barely even repairs the helicopter, I would have to go back and forth to loot lumber about 60 times only IF it doesn't take any damage.

that's right the map aint that funny because you don have spell or anything only lvl up ;

plus lvl up from cemetery become completely useless at lvl 6 you dont gain any exp;

the loot system kill the game for me i collect 100 wood which take alot of time in first place and it repair like 100 hp to the helico when he have 5k life ok i dont play this type of game for 6 hour to finish it ......

Level 7
Im sorry , but currently i dont have enough time to do anything with the amount of homework my addmath teacher gives me. So i will have to ask you to be patient until i can find time to work on this map. If worst comes to worst i will just release the unprotected version for another person to develop this map.

Edit: If anyone wants to further develop this map please pm me.

Last edited: