• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RuneScape 1.1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This will be my first map uploaded to hive workshop.. This is a Runescape in warcraft campaign.. if you care to review, please do.

Models Are Created By:

-Kitabatake
-HappyTauren
-meteORA
-JetFangInferno
-Lord_T
-Mr. Bob

Sorry if you were forgotten and would like credit, if so please tell me

there are a ton of glitches and whatnot that i may not know of, so please tell me if you find any lol

Keywords:
runescape, rpg, cool, fun, helmet, sword, item.
Contents

RuneScape 1.1 (Map)

Reviews
23:35, 29th Jul 2009 ap0calypse: Rejected Read post #1 The overall quality is too low

M

23:35, 29th Jul 2009
ap0calypse: Rejected

Read post #1

The overall quality is too low

Level 28
The triggering and description makes me go like this: :cry:
Of course, because this is your first map, I forgive you =)

Erm, I'll reject this map, but give you some hints... hope that's okay with you ^^

First of all: remove the leaks: A very good tutorial, created by none other than myself.
Now you know this, go and download this map: Tutorial Project (It's my intention to transform this into an epic, massive tutorial-map).

In the above tutorials you can learn about leaks and efficient triggering.
This is really a huge part of your map, since it's important for triggers to work efficient, without creating lag.

The description: that's easy... I've also created a tutorial for descriptions, it's in my signature ^^

For the terrain, look at some http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/legendary-terrains-65435/ (the most epic things you've ever seen).
Allright, you can't learn a lot from that, except that your terrain isn't really good -.-
Just find a tutorial, or... this might be a bit too much to ask, but: go outside, walk inside nature... see how it looks and try to remake it.

The damage of objects is really simple to calculate...
If you want the damage to look nice (of course you do!), this is the formula:
Damage = (A + B) - (A + (B * C))

Where A = "Damage Base"
B = "Damage Number of Dice"
C = "Damage Sides per Die"

Allright, this looks complicated, but it isn't...
Basically, if you want to have 10-10 damage, it's like this:

A = 9
B = 1
C = 1

If you want 10-15 damage, it's this:

A = 9 or 5 or... a lot of variations
B = 1 or 5
C = 6 or 2

That's it ;)

Erm, about the items: I somehow believe Runescape has more items... or is this just my imagination?
RS-items aren't hard to create, they're all the same -.-

Another that's best for you not to add, since it's way out of your league: skill levels... (firemaking, fishing, ...).