• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] zombie survival game NEED HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Alien Campaign Survival, Need Ideas!

Alright, I've decided that I want to make an alien survival, with campaign like missions. But I've only got this idea and I need heaps more, including weapons, attachments, and the like. By the way, this is an edit on a thread I made earlier with my tablet, so there wasn't much punctuation, it was short and not very informative.

Anyway, I just need a bunch of ideas about all sorts of things regarding the missions, campaign, weapons and other stuff. Here's a bit more in depth of what I need:

Guidelines:
- All characters should be human, I don't need Alien characters.
- They should be related to the military, though scientists/engineers are fine.

Example:
- Doctor Jackson Harvard, a former doctor and now a field medic for the military, is the only professional medical unit brought along the expedition team. Despite this, he cannot heal the majority of the wounds of his comrades, and many of them die. Doctor Jackson Harvard is killed by toxic gases released by UK forces.

Guidelines:
- Weapons must be modern with a slight, 10-year futuristic setting about them.

Example:
- The ATTACHION-7 MG is a fully automatic assault rifle, and is the standard issue for US and UK soldiers. Many attachments can be fitted onto the ATTACHION-7 MG, and is due to the fact that the ATTACHION-7 company develop most modern weapon attachments themselves. The ATTACHION-7 is a common weapon and the first weapon issued to you in the game, along with the HAION Combat Pistol.

Guidelines:
- Not many, really. They must be quite real and you must be sure to explain what the attachment does to the weapon.

Example
- The BRIT-96 RapidFire UK-Edition is only found on United Kingdom weaponry. The company that makes these attachments are called the BRIT-96, and are the primary UK military suppliers. The BRIT-96 also develop their own personal weaponry for their own troops, and form a small part of the UK military force. The BRIT-96 RapidFire UK-Edition assures that the weapon has a superior shooting speed, though makes reloading a more common obstacle in combat.

Guidelines:
- A link to a tutorial of the system would be nice, and make sure you explain why you think it's a good idea to have it in the game.

Example:
- The Save/Load system is an example, though it won't be seen in the game. Another system I'm planning on including is the inventory system, and a permanent inventory system that will include a bunch of trophies and unique weapons that you can carry through missions.

Guidelines:
- The mission must have something to do with the story.
- It can have a short back story if you wish, otherwise do not worry about it.

Example:
- [First Mission] The President of the United States of America, Douglas O'Connor, has consulted with scientists and agreed to fund Area 51, hidden somewhere in the California desert. He is shown the facility by a group of scientists, accompanied by a group of elite trained soldiers. When they arrive, the scientists express their sorrow for the President, and he wonders whether they have gone crazy over the years of solitude. As they continue walking through the facility, the President is informed by one of his soldiers that there aren't any alien artifacts. He attempts to ask the scientists this, but they laugh it off. The group is attacked by a group of United Kingdom soldiers, who had apparently paid the scientists to reveal to them Area 51 and lead the President there. The mission is to escape Area 51 and get to the helicopter waiting outside.

Guidelines:
- The aliens must follow some lore, which I'll explain here before the example.

All About Aliens:
- In a 10-year futuristic version of Earth, Area 51 has been operative for almost fifty years. The study and collection of alien artifacts is vast and impressive, though only the President and the scientists and soldiers that work at Area 51 know of it's existence. The aliens are not like in Alien versus Predator, nor in Call of Duty:Ghosts Extinction. They are slightly more humanoid in appearance, with large claws. They run and walk on two legs, but can climb like a spider up walls and on roofs. Their primary weapons are their long claws and spiked tail (*cough* AvP *cough*) but some have been known to wield sharp pole-arms and even modern weaponry. Their existence in the universe has been underneath the Earth's crust (more in the Story section later).

Example:
- Regular aliens are quick, agile and deadly. Their ability to climb walls and roofs makes them a stunning combination of a humanoid and a spider. Though they walk on two legs with two arms, they have long, pointed tails and claws. Their heads are larger than a human's, with a large jaw and sharp teeth (not oblong like AvP. The head is much like a humans to begin with, until it gets to the back of the head where the the forehead would be if the head was turned around. There is a long, flat part of the head that sticks out and moves down to slightly touch the back shoulder blades. Though this is a fiendish, hellish sight of a creature, the head does not decrease it's mobility. This goes for all aliens). These regular aliens attack with claws, teeth and tail only.

I'll write up a story later on, since I've ran out of time at the moment. I might get one of the writer's on Hive to do it, actually, since I am good but not quite professional.

Last edited:
Level 4
I can possibly do the story for you. Could you send me a PM with the basic outline? Oh, and you should change your title, because it stills says [Campaign] zombie survival game NEED HELP!!! here, unless I'm mistaken and it's not loading properly.

Anyway, send me that PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.