• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Host Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I wanted to do this for a long time, but never got around to it.

The concept of the game is that four very different aliens land on Earth in same area, by miraculous coincidence. 4 Players play the Aliens, and 8 play the humans.

The Alien Host's goal is to eliminate all other Host's, by way of direct combat and by fighting with minions. Humans that are killed by a host become a minion of that host, gaining a new alien unit with similar abilities to the Alien which killed it. If a minion is killed by an alien, it switches sides.

Minions start out weak, but every time they kill they get a stronger unit with more abilities.

The Human's goal is to avoid the aliens in the maze-like map terrain, or fight for whichever Host manages to kill them. Humans at first have no powers, but they receive ways to hide or fight back at time intervals, as rewards for surviving. For Example:
(0 Seconds) Nothing
(30 Seconds) Haste
(60 Seconds) Weak Gun Attack
(120 Seconds) Antidote, can turn minions back into humans.
Etc., etc.

I'm thinking the hosts would be like this:

Queen - The fastest alien, this unit will have many slow poison abilities and also many damaging abilities, like critical strike. It will be well suited to ambush situations, and has a very fast move speed. It's minions are similar, with slow poison and other such shenanigans.
Looks like: Some sort of Zerg

King - The strongest alien, this unit moves slowly, but has incredibly high attack and health. Mainly has friendly buffs and self buffs, as well as passive armor. This alien might start at a disadvantage, because its slow speed makes it hard to capture humans. It's minions will be very similar.
Looks like: Crypt Lord

Pharaoh - This alien is weak, but has quite a fast movement speed. It's main ability is a wide array of offensive spells and quick mana regeneration. It will have single target, AOE, negative buffs, and other nuking-type spells. Its minions will be similar. Level 1 minion will have no attack, instead only being able to use a death-coil like spell.
Looks like: Unsubstantial, making Void Walker

Tyrant - This alien is actually a robot, bent on killing all life it encounters. It will not fall into any set strategy, instead opting for balance. It will favor HP/Damage slightly over speed and mana. It has spells for all situations, like speed boosts, AOE rockets, and other such things. Its minions will, as always, be similar.
Looks like: Some custom robot model.

Suggestions? Comments? Criticism? Death Threats?

Level 13
death threats i will admit thats a new one no death threats cuz i'll give some say after i see some pics or more info

Level 7
This is just an idea for now. Until I figure out how to host with FiOs, I won't be starting on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.