• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombie Infection Virus 2.8

Zombie Infection Virus (ZIV)

- Version: Gold 2.8

- Genre: Cooperative Survival/Tag

- Number of Players: 6-12

- Number of Teams: 2

Quick Description:

The humans have to find a good place and make a big base.The zombies are very hungry and nobody will stop them to eat you! The humans have to work as team,if they want to save their brains.

Features:

The map contains:

- 10 classes of humans.
- 7 classes of zombies.
- Lot of custom spells.
- Over 50 custom items and recipes.
- New sound effects.
- Custom models and skins.

Classes:

Humans:

1.Commando
2.Sniper
3.Heavy Gunner
4.Battle Droid
5.Support Gunner
6.Grenadier
7.Fire Bat
8.Engineer
9.Sheep Rebel
10.Medic

Zombies:

1.Fat Zombie
2.Raptor Zombie
3.Leach Zombie
4.Blood Zombie
5.Classic Zombie
6.Flesh Zombie
7.Necro Zombie

Humans:

- Find a good place and make good defense.
- Better go in groups, you have small chance alone.
- Survive until timer expires to win.
- Dont die or you will become zombie.

Zombies:

- Buy items and make recipes.
- Chose good tactics if you wont to win.
- Find humans and kill them until timer expires.
- Zombies have infinite lifes, if you die you will revive.

"-kills" (display players kills).
"-ms" (see your move speed).
"-kills in game to see your kills!
"-water red/green/blue/purple/yellow/teal to change the water colour.
"-rain/snow/moonlight or -no weather to change the weather.
"-fog red/green/white to change the fog colour.

CREDITS:

Testers: Taur77,tomislav61,georgi332,abido123,neger,GGKingOfGames,caveman931,djordje99,Garfield1337, Lotor.t, Isus666, Villa33, Vunjo and Veodoro.

Model and Skin creators: Icon and Skin creators:Dragon Elf Mogare, Cavman, olofmoleman, General Frank, ana, Just_Spectating, Kofi_Banan, 67chrome, Thorneon, Hybred, Argus and Pins.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This map is protected with Wc3 Map Optimazer 4.9 (to make map file smaller).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version 2.4:

-Terrain changes.
- New ability for each human class.
- Higher prices for humans.
- Unit changes.
- New income system.
- New items.
- Fixed Sword of Immortality and Chaos Axe.
- More game tips for both teams.
- Infected zombies are less powerful.
- Few tooltips fixed.
- Trigger improvements.

Version Gold 2.5:

- Fixed 1 bug.
- Some tooltips fixed.
- Small unit and spell changes.
- More balance.

Version Gold 2.6:

- Fixed 2 spells.
- Small item changes.
- More balance to units and spells.
- Map forum adress added to loading screen.

Version: Gold 2.7

- Triggers changes.
- Improved game systems.
- Faster game loading and reduced lag in game.
- Item "Vampire Wings" fixed.

Version: Gold 2.8

- Removed worker classification from Marines (disables auto attack).
- Fixed few tooltips.
- Now you can select Marine by pressing ESC button.
- Added more game tips.

173090-albums3023-picture62372.jpg

173090-albums3023-picture62369.jpg

173090-albums3023-picture62370.jpg

173090-albums3023-picture62371.jpg

173090-albums3023-picture62368.jpg

Keywords:
Survival,Tag,Modern War
Contents

Zombie Infection Virus 2.8 (Map)

Reviews
23:18, 7th Dec 2009 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 3
Eh i downloaded newest version and i didnt saw major changes ;].This small factorys sucks.

Last edited:
Level 3
When i m playing all take engineer now ;/. And all newbies are capturing all factories ,when zombie find him at capturing he dies.

Level 12
That dont mean that factories are bad ,you just play with noobs :xxd: And if all pick engineer you will lose,you must pick different classes, i dont like engineer, he is only good like builder,becouse builder need extra gold,others classes are better VS zombies than him :wink:

Level 15
Map Review

This review is made by reason 3, if you have any questions or anything else to comment feel free to Private Message me.You may also ask me to review your map again.

A rather classical tag map, with the run, hide and kill purpose.Reminds me of the old "Vampirism" games.Although the map idea isn't something new, you managed to add a few cool systems that make the map exciting, enjoyable and funny but map still misses "something special".

[+]You have a nice description, but some screenshots would be nice too.
[+]Map has a few imports making it look awesome, but it also keeps size down.
[+]Tooltips are fine, helping player to understand what each spell does.
[+]Map was protected so i couldn't have a look at your triggers but i didn't experience neither crashes neither lag.
[+]Commands seemed to work.
[-]Forcing players to team base is rather bad, cause if someone fails then all other players are doomed.
[-]Map need more balance.
[-]This is just my opinion, but the game name should be changed...right now it's kinda strange and very common.
[-]Terrain is kinda boring and too simple, but nevertheless it matches the game's style.

Overall rating:3/5
I would reccomend you to add a few custom spells, and balance it more.
~ r3

Last edited:
Level 12
tnx for comments :wink: you have screenshots but just attached, i newer learn to put them in the Description :xxd: Yes terrain is not very nice but i dont think that this kind of map needs some special terrain,but better terrain is always + only i am not so good in that :gg: For name you are 100% right, but my friend chose that name,he started this project, i join him to improve map :cool: Tell me about balance; humans need balance or zombies? :con: +REP for you!

Level 15
You need to use IMG tags...for the screenshots.
Well you could ask him for the name, i'm pretty sure he won't deny that you need a better one.
And about balance...i would say both.Game as is right now seems to depend too much in co-operation, you should give players more choices.

Level 12
Tnx for you comments Reason 3 :wink: But i still need better explanation how to put that screenshoots into decription :grin: heh you also dont have screenshots in decription in your map, you just attached files like me :D

Gecior it is not hard to make AI for zombies but Human AI is something else.It is almost imposible to make Ai that work as team :grin: So i dont now can i make that :xxd:

Level 3
Got 3 new suggestions:grin:
1:vote kick system
2:repick system for survivors
3:Last survivor got 300 hp

Level 12
Got 3 new suggestions:grin:
1:vote kick system
2:repick system for survivors
3:Last survivor got 300 hp

hi Gecior :cool:

- Vote kick system will be added soon :)
- For Repick System i will see...
- Last survivor cant get 300 hp becouse if he buy Marine Suit (item) he will be almost invincible becouse that item gives him 45% evasion :grin:

Tnx for commnets Gecior :thumbs_up:

Level 4
review

Tips
  • Dont have any as this map is very well made:mwahaha:

Pros:thumbs_up:
  1. Very fun team game
  2. Zombies have a nice recipe system:thumbs_up:
  3. Colorfull:thumbs_up:
Cons
  1. Can be very chalanging for Zombie when all humans base at the same location
  2. no way to repair walls (more my play style, less the game)
  3. not much else i dont like... map is very well made, no leaks, well balanced ect

Overall

9 deformed mutant orcs out of 10

:ugly::ugly::ugly::ugly::ugly::ugly::ugly::ugly::ugly: / :ugly::ugly::ugly::ugly::ugly::ugly::ugly::ugly::ugly::ugly:
:smile:PS: I like the tactical team gameplay:smile:

Level 2
I like this map really and i play it as i have time!

Why Did YOU DELETE THE MUSIC AT END OF GAME? OR ITS JUST CAUSE I TURNED OFF ''THE Warcraft 3 Music'' ??? IT WAS BEST THING OF MAP.. IM JUST RAGED CAUSE OF THAT RAWR '';..;'' KEEP UPDATING PLEASE I LOVE THIS LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE! :grin::grin: And I want More Music + sound effects PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE :mwahaha::mwahaha:

Level 2
Ok let me say why the best thing in map is the ending rock music?
Cause it let all Celebrate their Victory they say ''Yee Yee haa!! ''
Thats the point of game... (The Fun Factor)

Level 3
Don't double post that is the first thing.
That cool end music was deleted and map download is shorter. :F

Level 2
Listen, with deleting the music, you hope to make the game more popular (Cause download is faster And more people will play) but with the ending music, it has been 2x funny and more and even more people will play it '' This is my idea...'' Thanks for listening. And I'm sorry for doubt posting, i dont really know forum rules... I'm still learning... Maybe you can vote it here to make the music or not, but i want the music (and whole people i play with) :cute:

Level 3
What?! Music was the best thing in the map? 0_o people are playing without the music and is good -_-.

Level 2
Why should we use stone walls or upgraded stone walls?
there is the bunker new thing is 5x good for a stone wall, and too easy to do it, just build research center (for 40 gold) then spam bunker x.x It's not really balanced i think :razz: u should do something for this :xxd:

Level 12
Bunker cost 2x times more gold than super stone barricade,2 super stone stone barricades are better than 1 bunker..., and you dont have gold on start to build bunkers...Try to build only bunkers and you will lose...

Level 2
Lol. I say everyone to send me all their gold, and follow me... So they do it
then we all get in one base... I can build up to 3-4 bunkers at start... zombies can do nothing while we use our abilities... And when our base is crashed, by someway, someone dies, but 3-4 person escapes so we rebuild a base with many bunkers again its really boring for them :mwahaha:
I wont lose anytime if i build bunkers (like i said at start of my message)

Level 3
I wanna join you Freeze i am pro zombie:thumbs_up: i can kill alone 10 humans :grin:

And i have idea:
When main zombies leave replece them with another zombie or computer!

Level 2
True its really hard to pwn zombies now...:zip: What to do? I will say zombies to my mother :xxd: , Really nobody can pwn 2 zombies now lol :eek: too easy, take the fat ass zombie (i mean pudge in dota) make soul gem, take ogre maul then nobody can stop u :thumbs_up: and 1 get flesh zombie to heal you or blood zombie to buff you... make this combo and u will pwn the base at start of game.

Level 3
When i am playing as a human i always win:grin: how? Very easy i say to all players ''Fallow me or ur DEad!'' and they fallow me:ugly: I know all zombie tricks like: one zombie attack and other is camping in WW as a raptor.
Kill zombie is very easy like block him with barricades or trap him with ensare :D

Level 5
H1 guys! Well i made an account here,cuz my friend freeze uploaded our map here too :grin: (anyway i'm the second creator as you see :wink: ).And from now if there is something you dont understand ask me too.

Last edited:
Level 3
Maybe create thread about ziv and put there suggestions.
EDIT:Awesome new ver gonna test it

Last edited:
Level 5
:fp:
Awesome new ver gonna test it
Yes, many new changes in 5.0.Hope you will like them :p

--------------------------------------------------look at this---------------------------------------------------------
Also, i will use this text message (anyway,no double post) to tell all users something important for our map:

For all users in Hive who wasting their time to read mindless comments for our map (like:"Aim of map is to run" or "Humans die easy and zombies rule the world all time") - Here is the true: Humans can win all time and Zombies can win all time (everything depends ot that - good players or noob players).If you dont believe see the video at description.It will show you everything.Also,50% of the users that gave comments to older versions werent very impressed of the map.I understand them,because in older versions the map wasn't actually balanced.I please you all about one thing : test our newest version 5.0 and see how epic , unique and balanced is.

Last edited:
Level 12
:fp:
Yes, many new changes in 5.0.Hope you will like them :p

--------------------------------------------------look at this---------------------------------------------------------
Also, i will use this text message (anyway,no double post) to tell all users something important for our map:

For all users in Hive who wasting their time to read mindless comments for our map (like:"Aim of map is to run" or "Humans die easy and zombies rule the world all time") - Here is the true: Humans can win all time and Zombies can win all time (everything depends ot that - good players or noob players).If you dont believe see the video at description.It will show you everything.Also,50% of the users that gave comments to older versions werent very impressed of the map.I understand them,because in older versions the map wasn't actually balanced.I please you all about one thing : test our newest version 5.0 and see how epic , unique and balanced is.

Zombie Infection Virus? Seriously? Didn't you guys forget the "Infestation Alien Invasion Vampire" part? :p
Terrain looks really empty & boring on the video. If it's not like that in 5.0 you might wanna update video.
Btw less color spam in just one post pleaaaase. The bold purple is unreadable, kills my eyes. What is "the true"?