• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Virus Infection 6.0

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Infect and kill an entire person as a Virus.

WAIT: If you have a suggestion or bug report post it at:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?p=555798#post555798
If you want to comment you can do it here.

Some backround info on this map: This is build 2 of this map, I redid it becouse it was popular for some reason. Everyone I talked to directly on this forum seemed to know me for it. It freaked me out cause that was a pretty old map. So I started build 2.

This map is in a Beta Stage, but is fully playable. The win conditions arn't fully done yet, so I simplified it for this version. In this version, its kill the brain to win. In the future versions i'm going to change it, so by damageing major organs you raise the body temperature to a fatal point.

If you want to help out, email me at [email protected] OR private message me here OR go to velex27.googlepages.com for map status and other contact forms.
Contents

Virus Infection 6.0 (Map)

Level 7
"This map is really sweet, but you know if you go into "Advanced->Game Interface" you can change the text that pops up like "Must Haunt Gold Mine," to "Must Infect Nucleus." That would make the map seem more profesional."

Ah of coarse. This map still needs quite a bit of work. Thanks for the tip. :)

Level 10
Just in case you don't know, there's a bug with the current version. The Brain is MISSING lol. And btw, shouldn't the person die when you destroy his heart? =_='

Anyway, thumbs up for creating this map. Although there are still a few bugs here and there, it is a fairly unique and fun map to play with! Keep it up. :)

Level 10
Oh, and can u see whether you can do something about the lag? If there are no memory leaks in the map, then you should try to lower the production rate of the virus/bacteria/cells so that it'll be more difficult to spam the map.

Level 12
The original version of this map was amazing. I loved it. I honestly hope this on becomes really good too! Questions:
1) When are you going to re-add in the heros?
2) Why do players start in the stomach this time with the blood vesels empty?
3)Why did you choose to do a map that looks relatively the same, compared to how you could have make a newer, bigger one?

Level 7
Awnser to Supermj :
1) I never included heroes in the original. That was the work of a fan appariently. I started a thread for suggestions so if you enjoyed having heroes tell me about it there.
2) I chose the stomach becouse it was the center of the body, cells are now lining the walls of nearly every spot in the body so you don't have to be in a limb to find them. Also, now you can access the limbs without passing through the heart. Player placement wasn't fully equil originally. I can always change it around, so if you want me to say at the new thread.
3) I chose the same map, becouse when i tried to make it on a larger map the man kept turning out looking deformed. So i gave up and stuck to the original. If you want i'll post up the middle version at velex27.googlepages.com for you to see the deformity in all it's glory.
New thread: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?p=555798#post555798