• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Arena] Zombie Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, I'd like to thank you for even taking time too look at this thread. I guess I wouldn't :D I mean, 'Zombie Arena' ? Seriously?

Well, yeah, Zombie Arena. But it's not like any other arena here. It's very inovative. Although this version is very simple, I'm posting it just to be sure that no one steals my idea. Yeah, I'm kind of paranoid :(

So, here we go now:

Version: 0.03

What makes this arena so special? Look at it's features!
1. Advanced inventory system: maybe I didn't make a full 3D inventory, but normal inventory is more than enough for this map to work; you can equip armor, helmet, boots gloves and weapons; weapons are generally divided into two groups: One-handed and Two-handed; you can dual-wield one-handed weapons; my system will automatically regulate your weapons and add you abilities depending on the hand you are wielding weapon in;
2. Custom combat system: maybe not so innovative at the moment, nothing you haven't already seen; you don't have a normal attack, but abilities instead, and they include melee, ranged and special attacks and blocks.
3. Dismemberment system: every time you get hit, my system calculates the part of your body where you got hit; there are four areas: Front which is the widest, being 120o wide; Left and Right, each being 90o wide, and Back being only 60o wide;
if you get enough damage on left or right side, you will lose an arm; YEAH THAT'S RIGHT! An arm flies off and your model actually loses an arm; therefore, you can't use it anymore xD
4. Blood'n'Gore: this map is full of blood and gore, so if you find it disgusting, don't bother trying it :p

Bored with the text? Here are some screenies!
  • Weapon Arsenal
    attachment.php
  • Mace and Katana
    attachment.php
  • Sniper
    attachment.php
  • Rondache without Left Hand
    attachment.php

Look at the arsenal of weapons.
  • Mace
  • Cleaver
  • Katana
  • Wakizashi
  • Chainsaw
  • Machete
  • Odachi
  • Tetsuba
  • Naginata
  • Pistol
  • Sub-machine Gun
  • AK47
  • Shotgun
  • Sniper
  • Rondache
  • Buckler

And this is only a beginning :D
Btw, you might need to restart the map a lot :)

Important!!! This map is in early alpha stage, so don't expect much from it!

Attachments

• Zombie.w3x
    1.7 MB · Views: 55
  • Mace and Katana 0.03.JPG
    Mace and Katana 0.03.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 309
  • Rondache without Left Arm 0.03.JPG
    Rondache without Left Arm 0.03.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 319
  • Sniper 0.03.JPG
    Sniper 0.03.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 307
  • Weapons 0.03.JPG
    Weapons 0.03.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:
Level 3
Tried your map.
Bugs I found:
Mechette doesn't deal any damage.
Suggestions:
Well for some one-handed items cooldown is pretty long and long casting time, you should lower it I think.
Add hotkeys, because now clicking is pretty boring and uncomfortable.
Died twice, had to restart, so you could add a simple respawn system.
I liked your third system, but if many units attack its pretty spammy needs improvements.

Overall for now its pretty nice I like combat system, because got almost same system in my AOS map which im making at the moment. Inventory is pretty awesome too :D thinking of copy from you of course if you allow me(credits will be given ofc).
ALSO when my arm flied off I was like WTF?!

Will look forward!

Tried your map.
Bugs I found:
Mechette doesn't deal any damage.
Suggestions:
Well for some one-handed items cooldown is pretty long and long casting time, you should lower it I think.
Add hotkeys, because now clicking is pretty boring and uncomfortable.
Died twice, had to restart, so you could add a simple respawn system.
I liked your third system, but if many units attack its pretty spammy needs improvements.

Overall for now its pretty nice I like combat system, because got almost same system in my AOS map which im making at the moment. Inventory is pretty awesome too :D thinking of copy from you of course if you allow me(credits will be given ofc).
ALSO when my arm flied off I was like WTF?!

Will look forward!

Thanks for the feedback, mate. I fixed the Machette bug :D

Btw, quick update:
Added beatiful weapons made by Red (Katana, Wakizashi, Tetsubo, Naginata and Odachi). Soon, I will start making armors, helmets, boots and gloves. All of these weapons are very powerful, and will be available only if you have a whole Samurai Armor set equipped (which includes chest, head, feet, hands). In next update, I will add chain and ranged weapons :D

Level 11
Write keybindings in the spell name, for the drop item system, mabye you can make it so you can display the name of the item instead of one, two, etc. Makes it much easier to know which item is what if you don't know the location ID for the inventory.

One idea would be to add some sort of blocking ability, for example, if you equip a shield, you gain a spell that would reduce damage taken for 99% for a short period of time. This adds more skill to the game so you have to time if something is attacking you.

Write keybindings in the spell name, for the drop item system, mabye you can make it so you can display the name of the item instead of one, two, etc. Makes it much easier to know which item is what if you don't know the location ID for the inventory.

One idea would be to add some sort of blocking ability, for example, if you equip a shield, you gain a spell that would reduce damage taken for 99% for a short period of time. This adds more skill to the game so you have to time if something is attacking you.

I already made a shield, I am currently making ranged weaponry (guns), and I'd like to finish them first :D
About the shield: activated on cast, blocks frontal damage ONLY, but can also be used as a weapon :D
About inventory: I am trying to keep everyhing simple, so I am using a single dialog for all players. Anyway, I think pretty much everyone knows how Inventory ID works :D

The systems look awesome, waiting to see the terrain! ;)
Btw the zombie hunter's skin looks more like a zombie, but that's just my opinion.

Yeah, I don't really know why I named him Zombie Hunter... He's actually supposed to be a zombie xD Will change the name, instantly :D

Level 20
Having you arm cut is an awesome feature:
war3%202013-01-09%2020-42-19-187.jpg

The Equipment system is simple but neat! I like the variations of weapons you included! and also that you can't equip 2 handed weapons if you have 1 arm^^

You could:
  • Add "A" as hotkey to all attack abilities?
  • Give the map a name?
  • Balance? too hard to kill footman
  • Reduce cooldowns of attacks? they just seem to long >_<
  • Make a simple respawn system (for testing purposes)
  • Add Tomes\Spellbooks that give spells like Firebolt etc. IMO making skillshot-based spells would be a lot better

subscribed, good luck;)

Having you arm cut is an awesome feature:
war3%202013-01-09%2020-42-19-187.jpg

The Equipment system is simple but neat! I like the variations of weapons you included! and also that you can't equip 2 handed weapons if you have 1 arm^^

You could:
  • Add "A" as hotkey to all attack abilities?
  • Give the map a name?
  • Balance? too hard to kill footman
  • Reduce cooldowns of attacks? they just seem to long >_<
  • Make a simple respawn system (for testing purposes)
  • Add Tomes\Spellbooks that give spells like Firebolt etc. IMO making skillshot-based spells would be a lot better

subscribed, good luck;)

Thanks for the feedback, mate :D

• Could change the hotkey to A... Though it's more likely that I will change them to good ol' Q, W, E, R, etc.
  • Will rename the map into Zombie Arena
  • I'm still making systems and weapons... Footmen are there only to chop your arms off :D
  • Not sure about the cooldowns...
  • Respawn? Nah, restarting seems fine :D
  • I will add lots of weapons in next version, including 3 shields and 5 ranged weapons. Ranged weapons are Pistol and Sub-machine Gun (for one-hand), AK47, Sniper and Rifle (two-handed). I will also add the chain weapon, which will be kinda similar to Pudge's Meat Hook.

Has anyone noticed that you can get both arms cut off?

Level 9
Can I suggest that this should have the land mines? The bombs! Like, Claymore, Anfo ( did I spell that one right? ), and most importantly

images

Rooting for this one. It's cool and unique ( and hey, make the legs destroyable too! )

-Da Fist-

Status
Not open for further replies.