• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zombie Arcade Beta 0.81

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Zombie Arcade
A challenging arcade genre mini-game.
4 Player co-operative challenge.
Few triggers allow less memory leaks.
Few-no bugs.

The beginning!
193770-albums4562-picture50325.jpg

Lotsa zombies!
193770-albums4562-picture50328.jpg

First wave
193770-albums4562-picture50326.jpg

Never play alone :sad:
193770-albums4562-picture50328.jpg

You control a marine to survive in this arcadic zombie game. Every ten (10) seconds, eighty (80) zombies arrive. You must survive for fifteen (15) minutes without losing your defender.
I suggest you play with atleast 2 people total. This is not meant to be a long story line or a large game, just a little mini-arcade.

All of the work in this map was by me!

0.80 - Map Creation
0.81 Updated terrain, idea from MADAWC.

Keywords:
Arcade, zombie, mini-game, mini game, mini, game, zombies, arcades, zombie arcade, undead
Contents

Zombie Arcade Beta 0.81 (Map)

Reviews
13:56, 8th Sep 2011 Vengeancekael: Status: Rejected The idea is too simple, the map needs special events, map obstacles, some unique features. The triggers are also in a bad shape, you don't need to turn off a trigger with the event 'A Unit...

M

13:56, 8th Sep 2011
Vengeancekael:

The idea is too simple, the map needs special events, map obstacles, some unique features.
The triggers are also in a bad shape, you don't need to turn off a trigger with the event 'A Unit Dies' and no memory leaks are removed: Leaks tutorial

The terrain is also too empty, add more trees, stones, grass, fog of war, a weather effect, ...

Also add a preview image:

To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and change its path to 'war3mapPreview.tga'.

Contact Me

Level 6
The idea isn't bad but you could at least improve the terrain.
:/

ok thanks for idea... I didnt think terrarin would matter much if you have to stay in the middle.

EDIT: I updated terrain, much more interesting terrain. I added hills, rough grass patches, grassy dirt, and tons of blight around edges as if zombies are coming from corruption. Added slightly more distance to the height, adding more delay from the top zombies.

Last edited:
Level 4
First of all,i must admit that i almost did the same map.It was like, v 1.5 of this map :alol:
I played the map,actually i just sat in front of computer and watched it playing itself. Because if you find a good spot,you can go forever without losing a hp. Idea is okay itself,but there's some bugs you may want to fix and somethings you must pay attention to.
wc3scrnshot081811193908.jpg

With this screenie i can tell nearly all of my problems.
-First,look at where me and my team mate standing,we both standing close to each other (i played with computer players,the other two died while freelancing,somehow this one was smarter and stayed with me) near to a tower(which is dead in screenie) it is nearly impossible to lose when you stand like this.I just got my dude there,ordered to "hold",sat and watced the game.
-Fountain is OP,it doesn't let you die unless a horde of zombies attacking you at the same time.
-As you can see in the screenie,billions of zombies just stand there and watch us burn.
-About terrain,i don't think terrain is too important when you think this is an arcade map,but it's too wavy.

Oh and by the way,when i used the ability of my dude,nothing happened.Zombies near got the effect but didn't stop or slow down.

Overall:
Gameplay has bugs,needs to be fixed.
Idea is okay,you may want to improve it with some items or some more abilities (even though it's an arcade map)
It's so easy.

So i say,after some bug fixes and little magic touch,this can be a good arcade map.