• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zelda 64

What would you mind playing with and where?

• Im happy with 3 dungeons and playing as link/kokiri/goron/zora.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
************Major overhaul on the map is being done*************** (Uploaded new map, test it and give your opinions)

K i got a problem with spacing all the dungeons. The poll says all 7temples and 3 dungeons but i just dont see how i can fit all the dungeons and temples in. Atm their is 7spots I can place temples, so i might just start the game off after beating the 3 dungeons and creating the triforce. Show alittle cutscene in the beginning i think. Let me hear your idea's.

It would free up space to ditch those 3 dungeons so we could have better things like more animations or like horseback riding using custom characters.

***{Current Additions}***:Lost Woods-Revisement of Movement system and cam capabilities restored, an full enterable item shop where you can buy items, rupee's and hearts reappear in short time now, now have zelda's lullaby, song of time, song of storms, epona's song, saria's song, and sun's song completely in.

Ill be redoing the entire front page soon with all the new additions being put in. Information below is old and dated.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
For an update on work, the model collection is going to greatly overhauled. The end of this week I should have all of the following in the game: Every building up to the Hyrulian Castle fully skinned which includes LonLon Ranch, The hyrulian city and the hyrulian castle. I will finish the deku dungeon but It might not make it in the next version.

Model wise, all of the models inside the deku dungeon will be put in, possibly textured but not animated yet. Also a small cast of kokiri villagers will start to make their apearances, though they probably wont be skinned or animated yet either. The last put in will be epona.

All in all im going to try and get all the visuals down up to the castle, the following week ill work on textures, then the next 2weeks will be animations.

Scheduled Version of V.11 will be this following sunday.

*IMPORTANT*
-When teleporting to different area's, make sure to be on the ground level!-
Also dont go wondering to the outside of the deku dungeon, it will mess up you cam since I havent placed proper blockers to keep you out of some regions.

*Quick Notes*
Type "Deku Dungeon" to teleport into the dungeon
Type "Village" to teleport into the village
Type "City" to teleport to the front city walls
Type "Gohma" to teleport to dohma's boss level
Type "LonLon Ranch" to teleport to lonlon ranch.

Once inside the deku tree you can walk up onto the first ledge to your left, should be a rock terrain on the ground where your able to.
Hearts heal 1hp, feel free to change this to 6 or higher atm along with rez if u want
Textures arent mapped properly still
Walk up to rupee's and hearts to automatically pick up to gain money/health. Bombs work just the same as mines right now.

Alright, this a mod for the game Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

You start as link, or 2nd-3rd players get a kokiri to use to explore whats made of the world. You have a slash ability to do damage and if you pick up a shield you can use defend. Slashing will disable defend for a short period, so you cant cheat in combat.

At the start, you get a team of kokiri villagers along with link to beat the dungeons/temples throughout the game. Some parts of temples will be made so you need a team to get some higher quality items, like loot for your team to split.

When you reach the gorons-zora's, the people controlling the kokiri can choose to switch characters to a goron/zora. If your a goron going to zora's domain, you will have to change into a zora.

All in all, a team oriented game that hopefully can be enjoyable if lag chooses so.

Next versions finished contents as of now:
LonLon Ranch

(Credits of the use of external triggers/systems will be credited on map startup)

Attachments

• Links House3.jpg
    Links House3.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 644
  • Links House6.jpg
    Links House6.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 706
  • Kokiri Village Houses3.jpg
    Kokiri Village Houses3.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,564
  • side view deku.jpg
    side view deku.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 654
  • deku tree newest.jpg
    deku tree newest.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 473
  • Links House.jpg
    Links House.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 2,111
  • Kokiri Village Scenery.jpg
    Kokiri Village Scenery.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 976
  • Deku dugeon2.jpg
    Deku dugeon2.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 403
  • Kokiri 3rd floor.jpg
    Kokiri 3rd floor.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 514
  • Link gmx.jpg
    Link gmx.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 3,508
  • Big Skulltula improved.jpg
    Big Skulltula improved.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 571
  • City Wall.JPG
    City Wall.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 2,370
  • LonLon Ranch Buildings.JPG
    LonLon Ranch Buildings.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 1,750
  • Oogama Level.JPG
    Oogama Level.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 640
  • zelda Castle wall2.jpg
    zelda Castle wall2.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 671
  • World View.jpg
    World View.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 442
  • Shop.jpg
    Shop.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 436
  • Zelda 64 Revamp v.4 test4.w3x
    3.1 MB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Level 7
Lol I have zelda 64 up to explore the village for models and i noticed that little picture on links tree and thought someones going to mention that haha.
When the village is done ill take the texture I finally choose for the tree's and scribble on the little person and dinosaur.

Links house in the pic is only 13.9kb so with 6 more buildings roughly the same it will come to about 84kb so its lookin pretty good for custom models.

I got about 5 more to go, ill pry finish them tommorow and get the little training center up plus some other small structures from the kokiriko village and ill start putting them into wc3.

Level 7
Thanx greyarchon. When the models are ingame they wont show all those individual polygons, thats just from the modelling programs uneven lighting from having such low polies.

For dungeons and say links house ladder I want a trigger where you click an ability or so and it activates my custom characters climbing animation. EX

Link stands near his houses ladder. He activates the climbing ladder ability and it activates links ladder trigger where it makes unit face a certain degree's, change units animation to stand 3 animation which is cilmbing, then move character up Z axis so much every so many seconds and it'll appear to exactly climb the ladder.

You wont be able to stop climbing or descending once you've activated the trigger but its still a neat illusion.

Level 13
would u just drop if u stop the ablity tho?also are all the things going ot be the same puzzels as in zelda or is the game just have a zelda theme? I WOULD LOVE TO PLAY THIS GAME WHEN ITS DONE so if u need some testers or anything ill do it. also are some players going to be gorons and the waterpeople (the name just espaes me at the moment). O NO I SEEM TO have LOST MY ZELDA OoT for my gamecube : (

Last edited:
Level 7
Galin, I guess it will depend on how I make trigger. That would be better to choose to stop climbing and drop if you decide you dont want to go up on some ledge.

Greyarchon, i've played past the deku tree and I found the part where they say kokiri cant leave or they'll die. Its not that they'll die instantly, its just that they'll grow old and have like a mortal life. So It seems ill stil be having my kokiri side-kicks lol.

Level 7
I dont know about being Gorons's and Zora's. It would be neat but would complicate the beginning of the game. Perhaps as you journey kokiri side-members can choose to turn into a zora or goron once that place is reached.

For going inside houses, I would love to have that in the map. Atm im going to try and squeeze everything in and see how much room is left. If theirs room left ill defiantly have like instanced houses. Atm its looking like im going to have a hard time fiting in all the towns and area's plus the 3 dungeons.

Space wise it looks like I might only be able to get everything and the first 3 dungeons and thats it. That would leave out the 7 temples you have to pass after you turn into an adult. If people would be happy with just the first three dungeons,all the towns, plus a final dungeon and fight for ganon then ill just do that.

If not, I can scale down units 40% and zoom in the cam 40% and the terrain will still look fine, I tested it yesterday. That would make the map 1.5x larger, which the .5 I could probably fit most of the dungeons in then with an extra half a map or so plus houses hopefully. I could always skip afew temples.

I should probably have a poll on whether people want just the first 3 dungeons or all dungeons including the temples.

Level 7
Actually that isnt to bad of an idea. It could work but it would only give space for 3 temples if i transform the 3 dungeons after everyone grows up with triggers. I would still need room for 4 dungeons though but that would defiantly make enough space if I scaled down 40% and no one would notice if I did.

Level 13
ok then can i change my vote to the first one lol. u should jsut start it like that but then just add more also is ever one going to be changed to adult one at time or do u all have ot be there? what kinda spells u going to have?

Galin, I guess it will depend on how I make trigger. That would be better to choose to stop climbing and drop if you decide you dont want to go up on some ledge.
would this hurt u if u fell down form like really really high up?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 7
It might, but it would take jass to register coordinates. The poll is pretty vague but the thing is, i can only have the firest 1,2 or the 3,4. I have to decide now if ill add temples cuz ill need space so everything would need to be scaled down 40%. If I decide not to use the temples then i would just build it normally but to make temples fit the entire world would have to be edited and scaled down.

I have to choose now before i get to far in or ill have to wipe my terrain to make way for changes, but it seems so far that they would like to have the best, so ill probably start scaling down now since i only have the forest area terrained. Heading to bed now so ill be on tomarrow.

Level 7
Yea i sorta disliked the windwaker to. I got alittle excited when I went underground and saw land and was like... XD, but then found it was just leading to a last temple lol.

Yea ill try to import as much zelda music as can fit comfortably with the imported model sizes. I already have a perfectly looping kokiri village sound that atm is left in high quality cause it never gets old and is kinda cheery lol.

Probably looking at a minimum number of music files, atm im looking at kokiri, hyrule field, and a generic dungeon file.

Level 13
how are u goign to use the ocarina tho? would u use the keys? up down left right b and a keys? also u souldnt call it zelda n64 because there were two zeldas for the n64 i also disliked the mask one

Last edited:
Level 7
I can change the name when I release a mini-beta. I disliked majora's mask to because it felt like I was being rushed all the way through.

I haven't thought about the ocarina yet, I'll probably model it today since I just finished every building for the village now. The models willl be optimized later so the indivudual polygons don't stick out so much or maybe ill add alittle more to them since their so easy to edit being such low poly models.

As for playing it, it would be nice to give the link char multiple spell animations where spell 1 is like throwing a boomerang, spell 2 is throwing a bomb, spell 3 is playing the ocarina etc.

Im adding things as I go for now. It's easy to think of things but fairly hard to implement them.

Level 13
also do u no how or if ur going to have link crawling like in the first town where u find ur sword.l also one miner thing about the buildings isnt there a railing on links house? i dont rember fully havnt played in awhile but i tihnk i rember one

Level 7
Yeah their is but it adds alot more faces to total amount on links house. The tree-house itself is probably only only around 65 faces. Add in the little porch with a ladder and its already doubled in size, a fencing would triple it.

I can add in a seperate porch fencing model later and it'll decrease face size by about 250%.

Atm im working on geting the basic structures and land in for the beta area which will probably just consist of the village, deku tree area, and maybe the dungeon.

Everything will be exact plus alittle more on the terrain side since their really isnt much terrain in this game that i've seen.

For crawling, that will be something to add in later :), somewhere around the mini-beta maybe.

Level 7
Depends on whats enough to be playable and fun. If its just the kokiri village and the deku tree for exploring, I guess 1 week. Also depends if you want to be able to say walk into every building with an entrance.

The main plan I guess is ill upload an updated beta map every week for you to explore on your own and give opinions until its ready to be beta'd with more then 1 person.

1 week = Kokiri village area completely terrained,modelled,textured.
2 weeks = Deku dungeon area completely terrained,modelled,textured.
3 weeks = Control Aspects of Link with basic animations needed to pass the deku dungeon.
4 weeks = Multiplayer ready with kokiri members for players 2,3,4 etc.

An entire month to get just past the deku tree's dungeon might seem like a long time but when your scratch modelling, skinning, terraining, triggering, rigging and animating its actually not enough time for the avg modder to do. I have alot of spare time so I should be able to do it but not without afew headaches and pieces of hair pulled out ;).

Just look out for the weekly udpate after the first map is uploaded. A month your looking at for the mini-beta for more then 1 player. The first part takes awhile to lay out, but once i get control system and main models done then its just alot of terraining and level creating. Ill try to finish it quicker but we'll just have to wait and find out.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Is that link model animated?

Level 7
Each character for now will be a hero. Gorons will be a strength hereo, zora's will be agility, and kokiri will be intelligence.

I havent thought of idea's but gorons will probably have a charge attack thats a roll that can stun enemies. They'll have more to that the further you progress just like the other 2 races.

I cant give a list since I haven't thought of any abilities for them yet but they'll each get some neat abilities. Ill probably have to seek a more advanced triggerer since im just starting to get confortable with variables but lack adding math to my trigs.

Im experimenting on a way where I can keep everything scaled the same normal % outisde but just have the scaling down in dungeons. When enterting a dungeon I can decrease the hero's scaling size by 40% to match the creatures in the dungeon. If thats not enough ill go ahead and rescale the village.

Ive been tinkering with that idea and thought, how would you like to have the entire dungeon a model and that you'll play inside this model? I just cant base it close enough to the real game using the terrain as dungeons so I think ill just go ahead and make the entire dungeon one whole model! Ill set up some walkable stuff inside it and voila!, a more realistic zelda oot dungeon.

Ill get to modelling the dungeon right now and see if i can get it up in an hour or 2 and see what you think of it. I hope it turns out.

Level 13
THAT WOULD BE SWEET to see that would be one good model but it would only have one purpose so if u make one of these models and give u on the game its pretty much useless lol WTH Y DID I POST 3 TIMES I DIDNT MEAN TO DO THAT so srry and are u oing to make swimming???? if so wold the zoro people be able t stay under forevr the gorons stay in fire and link well umm link is link and that cool enogh

Level 7
Np, a kind forum manager will come along eventually and fix it up ). I have another question i should'v put on the poll but since the dungeons going to exist as one model, the view is going to have to be 3rd person like in the real game.

3rd person is what im looking for but I think some people dont like it to much but it'll have to be forced when inside a dungeon so ill work on a 3rd person camera system that isnt a pain to use and hopefully not lag to much, i should probably start looking for that triggerer soon heh.

Level 13
mabe make it so u can go to a frstperosn view like in the game

mabe make it so u can go to a frstperson view like in the game

OMFG IT HAPPENED AGAINN DOES ANY1 NO WHATS GOING ON I JUST CLICKED IT ONCE can some1 help me out with this.Are u going to have to find a map of the dungeons

Level 7
Actually I wasnt planning on it because I thought it wouldnt quite resemble the tree well enough but all I have to do is just edit the polies on the outside to make it appear like a tree. Just encase the rooms that branch out into what looks like big branches from outside.

The way I have it spreading out and up at the top is what made me think I couldnt do it but im at the top floor now so i can shrink the rest of the top and it'll just look like a bulge in the tree around the middle which wont really matter since i can totally change what appears on the outside of the model that I just realised now.

Ill see what ill I can get done tonight, but it will defiantly look better in a week.

Level 7
Lol I forgot about that big whale. Actually I can make a fairly low poly model around probably 40-50kbs and animate it to open its mouth and with a good triggerer, use something like that throw ability and toss everyone into its mouth but make it looking like its sucking your whole team in lol.

Ill remember to make it so you have to drop a fish in front of him lol.

Level 7
Mini-Alpha could possibly be ready this late weekend. Things to get finished so far.

1. Finish importing the other 5 kokiri buildings.
2. Make the village terrain look more detailed( fireflys,fencing,etc.)
3. Basement floor and 4th floor of deku tree.
4. Fully Walkable Deku Tree Dungeon with appealing cam system.
5. Inside of the kokiri buildings. (instanced room)

Thats just enough to explore with. I probably will add more to the list. If you would like to see something oether then those 4 just make a post and ill see if i can get it done by sunday.

Level 7
Yes theirs plenty of space. Actually that was how much room it was going to take up if I made the deku dengeon on the ground and use terrain to make it. Since all the floors are stacked up on top of each other, except the bottom, it will only take about 30% of that space you see it taking up.

Theirs room for atleast 2 dungeons their. The main thing though about using a custom model as the entire dungeon is I can make the texture lower and higher quality to fit how close your view is to the textured model. That means when you enter the dungeon, I can shrink your character and apply a closer camera. This can in theory allow me to instead of having just 1 dugeon in that area, I could have possibly 3 or 4 dungeons.

The only hard part about getting smaller could be makin the cams compatible but I dont a problem yet but I havent tried it yet either.

Level 7
No not yet. It wont take long though with their being only a afew to model at the beginning, but still would take some time to skin properly.

Im just putting in my rupee system along with some destrubable plants that drop rupee's, etc.

Ill update in an hour after I've grabbed something to eat.

Last edited:
Level 9
zelda rocks, best game on n64 EVER. I have all the zelda game sever made, and beat them all. i think you should mix majoras mask with ocarina of time, those were my favorites ones.

EDIT:I just got done playing your map. Its pretty sweet for an alpha, but could be wayyy better. You need to add add enemies at least for an alpha, so people can have SOME fun. It is fun, but i hate the camera angles, it took me a while to get used to. I am liking the camera more and more though. If you need any help working on the map, I'll be gla to help you. I can do anything you need me to, so long as you ask because i have a lotta free time on my hands.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.