• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zépir's War3 Map Editor 1.0

It's the only third party map editor for Warcraft 3.
Contents

Zépir's War3 Map Editor 1.0 (Binary)

Level 2
The_Duggler wrote:

If you say that because you think this editor has been made to replace the original World Editor then, let me tell you you're 100% wrong.
Let me ask you a simple question:
"can you edit pathing with the original World Editor?"
...well, with mine, you can! (and that's just a feature between others)

This map editor has not been designed to "replace" the WE. Use it as an additionnal tool that allows you to stuff you can't do with the WE (path editing, change water level, tiles flags, number of tilesets, protection, hudge ground level differences, doodads in shapes, map convertions,...)

If you need a tutorial, there is an old one for beta 4 there:
as a zip
or as html.
Many stuff changed since then but it can help beginners.

Call me what you want for asking this dumbass question but can it enlarge maps? I.e enlarging the map from medium to maybe large without having to recreate it all.

Level 4
I need that same problem fixed. Making a map then trying to make it bigger again or making an old map bigger w/o cell over-use. Tho 480x480 is fine for me. Plus i cant add in a loading screen if the cells are to big! SOMEONE help us please... :)
And i dont think u want a map over 480x480 unless its a meele map/ lol - lots of lag / almost unplayable...

Level 12
Damn im sorry to say this but, this program has a MAJOR FAIL inside it:
Whenever i use it on any of my maps, it just erases 98% of the names of everything in the map:
Unit names, ability names, all tooltips, buff names, unit transmission texts,
EVERYTHING becomes Blank. i just have to re-type a half-dozen thousands of letters and im NOT doing it.

Apart from that its very powerful and intuitive tool for sure, but only for New maps.
In case theres a fix for the bug i mentioned, i would be very pleased to know what it is, and i'd give you +rep by the way.

For now i dont rate neither rep, for this flaw should have been mentioned somewhere.

Level 2
Mh.. i did not like this one.
Im sure its useful in its ways, but i froze when i opened a map and its all flat graphics.
I prefer the WE look when it comes to mapping, so...

I guess rep for the useful things in it, but less rep for the look of it.

Level 7
I need that same problem fixed. Making a map then trying to make it bigger again or making an old map bigger w/o cell over-use. Tho 480x480 is fine for me. Plus i cant add in a loading screen if the cells are to big! SOMEONE help us please... :)
And i dont think u want a map over 480x480 unless its a meele map/ lol - lots of lag / almost unplayable...

Why don't you jus use the world editor unlimted tool, you can set loading screen and all that without having to edit the map options tab. Also if you need to set fog or other aspects from the map properties you can just use triggers ingame to do it.

I didnt realise this and spennt ages just wasting my time, as for this tool I don't think it works on the latest version of wc tft or I was just doing something wrong.

Level 9
Heys this is the first Windows tool I'll attempt to convert with...Darwine.
EDIT: Bastard Darwine still needs that X11, albeit saying it elsewhere. Windows Racism!

Level 8
This tool isn't made to replace WE. This is made to have addon features. You don't have all the options but this has its own advantages and options that you will use to polish your map not make from scratch on this editor.

Level 3
ok..? What exactly is the point?

whenever i try to go to "units' it makes me go to "ground"

i gotta say its pretty cool, but not especially useful.
probably best thing is the pathing edit and modifying things like map creator, description, ect.. that take standered WC editor forever to load

import and export appear disabled for me (lighter text and no action when clicked) same with minimap and some other stuff

protection thing kinda confusing. why don't you make a little tutorial thing to help us nubz figure this out. it would really help a lot of ppl. and make updates and new version. VCK has a button you can check newest update and you don't have to unistall/reinstall. your coolest features seem to all be in beta.

you need to make a tutorial and all that cool beta stuff available ^^
BUT, the doodad thing is hella cool so you get +1 for that.

Direct me to a guide plz.

Last edited:
Level 2
The_Duggler wrote:

If you say that because you think this editor has been made to replace the original World Editor then, let me tell you you're 100% wrong.
Let me ask you a simple question:
"can you edit pathing with the original World Editor?"
...well, with mine, you can! (and that's just a feature between others)

This map editor has not been designed to "replace" the WE. Use it as an additionnal tool that allows you to stuff you can't do with the WE (path editing, change water level, tiles flags, number of tilesets, protection, hudge ground level differences, doodads in shapes, map convertions,...)

If you need a tutorial, there is an old one for beta 4 there:
as a zip
or as html.
Many stuff changed since then but it can help beginners.

Dude the entire thing is in french so how are we supposed to understand it man?!?!?!?!??!?!?!???!?!?!?!?!??:thumbs_down:

Level 2
hmmm.......... its helpful and useful.....but it doesnt make full sence (im just saying) like this is ausome and its very helpful but! it needs like a built in tutorial so u can get help without havving to download another thing and stuff.......7/10