• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your rarest drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, that is an unusual combination of a lot of random cards but yeah the second one looks nicer overall.

Yeah. That is why I was so surprised that it actually worked. But trust me, I had a lot of weird options. I wouldn't normally go for headcrack or demolisher, but the other options were just bad (and those two cards somehow managed to get great value!)

Talavaj said:
I usually have the best luck with Paladin/Mage/Druid and I always aim to get all the well-tried basics/commons I have in constructed eg. Chillwind, Harvest, Taz Dingo, Dire Wolf, Faerie, Ooze, Grizzly, Shattered Sun Cleric or the good rares if they pop up like Azure Drake, Juggler, DoA etc and then the useful class specific cards, everything else I pretty much ignore.
Though my most liked class in the arena is probably Paladin, Divine Favor/BoM/BoW/Consecration and all of his minions are just great in the arena.
I notice a lot of people take gimmicky "cool" cards that just don't work in a random draft at all, maybe because they don't have them in constructed or w/e.

Yep. Usually it is good to cover boundaries. I'll always try to grab an ooze or two if I can, get the necessary AoE (e.g. consecrate), and the "necessary" cards, maybe a silence or two if it comes up. But otherwise, there are staples that are always great to pick-up e.g. harvest golem, juggler, azure drake, etc. (pretty much the ones you mentioned). When I first started to run arena, I only chose the cool cards. That's why I did so awfully. I tried to make specific decks, e.g. casters, pure rush, spell-decks (hell, I even tried to get a lucky murloc combo once). They work to an extent, but they fall easily. It is usually better to get a balanced deck. And you pretty much HAVE to have some form of card draw. The second rogue deck managed without card draw because of the control, but it caused a ton of problems and several close matches. My latest card deck usually left me ahead in cards. So many of the matches ended with my opponent relying on top decking while I had a bunch of minions on the board.

EDIT: Just got 11 wins (lost my last match ;-;) as rogue again and got lorewalker cho (a.k.a. 400 dust). Maybe the upper level of wins do indeed give a higher chance of getting a legendary. But idk. Could be coincidental.

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40

206796-albums7333-picture84308.png

Level 8
From my 12 win run, I got
attachment.php
and a Golden Thought Steal. Idk how rare double golden rares and single golden common is, but it must be fairly high.

Attachments

• Hearthstone_Screenshot_5.26.2014.11.27.07.png
    Hearthstone_Screenshot_5.26.2014.11.27.07.png
    885 KB · Views: 272

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

My ass is so lucky, the galaxy spins around it.

Despise the many boosters where I got a legendary, this is the booster that Blizzard gave me two.

1511859_1426724124230098_1360183040_o.jpg

Yeah... its not a lie.

Level 17
I hope you all get cancer. Just joking :p
I have got my second Legendary (+ 4 commons, yee) in what, 8 months ? It ended up being Hogger.
Then I got my fifth~sixth or so Mountain giant, fourth Doomhammer. (with three consecutively in the week right after I crafted one for my shaman)
Now I crafted 2x Ancient of Lore so I can't wait for my five duplicates !

Yes, luck just loves me.

Level 8
I hope you all get cancer. Just joking :p
I have got my second Legendary (+ 4 commons, yee) in what, 8 months ? It ended up being Hogger.
Then I got my fifth~sixth or so Mountain giant, fourth Doomhammer. (with three consecutively in the week right after I crafted one for my shaman)

Yes, luck just loves me.

The only time I bought packs (7 of them), half of them had legendaries, though two were copies. Makes me think the game knows when you p2w.

Level 17
Well what did I say ! First epic since I purchased them iiss .. Ancient of Lore.
I'm really 100% convinced now that the game is rigged to give you what you already have :p or what you have bought to spit in your face, so you forget about dust and buy packies instead.
Or I have the most extreme luck in the universe, going the opposite way lol.

Well what did I say ! First epic since I purchased them iiss .. Ancient of Lore.
I'm really 100% convinced now that the game is rigged to give you what you already have :p or what you have bought to spit in your face, so you forget about dust and buy packies instead.
Or I have the most extreme luck in the universe, going the opposite way lol.

Life is like a box of chocolates. You're one of the people who are allergic. My condolences. :(

Level 34
Just decided to spend some money on this game. $10 on 7 packs, got an Alexstraza and a golden Black Knight card. SO WORTH! Tempted to craft the BK into a Leeroy since he`s just so damn usefull in so many decks, but black knight is also pretty useful, and he`s fucking gold.

I also got a gold Tauren Warrior (second one) but screw that crappy card.

Level 8
Just decided to spend some money on this game. $10 on 7 packs, got an Alexstraza and a golden Black Knight card. SO WORTH! Tempted to craft the BK into a Leeroy since he`s just so damn usefull in so many decks, but black knight is also pretty useful, and he`s fucking gold.

I also got a gold Tauren Warrior (second one) but screw that crappy card.

See? The game notices p2w. Anyways, I think you should definitely keep BK, since in the current meta, almost everyone is running taunts, except Miracle Rogue.

Level 34
Other than getting a gold legend, my p2w has been pretty even with my f2p. Maybe it's slightly skewed, but I think it would be marginal. I've purchased 7 decks once before and got 0 legends.

Level 12
Not a single common, wow.

Attachments

• Hearthstone_Screenshot_7.19.2014.18.31.20.png
    Hearthstone_Screenshot_7.19.2014.18.31.20.png
    863.9 KB · Views: 213
Level 34
Double post. Wattya gonna do about it? That's what I thought.

Here's something I drew a while ago. Forgot to post. It's now a Bloodmage. Also p2w>f2p.

Attachments

• Hearthstone_Screenshot_7.21.2014.19.03.07.png
    Hearthstone_Screenshot_7.21.2014.19.03.07.png
    1,012.6 KB · Views: 222

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Level 12
I really don't get how he did that, it seems easy when he plays but I was only be able to get rank 5 with that mage.

Also you can build a full demon warlock deck with golden illidan :xxd:

Level 34
"pay to win"
http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/1ylhao/trump_just_hit_legend_with_his_free_mage/

f2p > makes it hard to earn money without making it p2w, that's the sad truth.

edit: sorry I just couldn't resist x) I always link that article when people complain about it being p2w. Zoo lock is super cheap and still one of the top decks for example.
I don't actually mean "win". I was simply using the phrase to say that you get better cards when you pay money.

Level 34
You craft golden legends? Whoa dude, you make serious dust. I've collected far more than I craft. Perhaps I should learn 2 arena.

Level 34
I also have Golden Death Knight! Pretty lucky to have 2 useful ones. I also got a golden Illidan, but I dusted him.

I also have Golden Death Knight! Pretty lucky to have 2 useful ones. I also got a golden Illidan, but I dusted him.

Black knight? That is awesome.

And I would've kept Illidan for lulz. I'll always try to use the worst cards in the weirdest way possible. It makes things all the more entertaining. I even tried to get Nozdormu to work (I actually used it in one of the hive's HS tournaments).

And someone actually whispered me to give compliments to a really, really bizarre warlock deck I made. I was trying to get twisting nether to work. Unfortunately, it didn't. :grin:

Level 34
Black knight? That is awesome.

And I would've kept Illidan for lulz. I'll always try to use the worst cards in the weirdest way possible. It makes things all the more entertaining. I even tried to get Nozdormu to work (I actually used it in one of the hive's HS tournaments).

And someone actually whispered me to give compliments to a really, really bizarre warlock deck I made. I was trying to get twisting nether to work. Unfortunately, it didn't. :grin:
I keep all legendaries, but golden ones can be dusted for a new legend, so I'd rather do that. Obviously I keep good golden legends. Illidian was a tough choice because he miiiiight see play one day. He's not that bad.

Level 17
My first GvG legendary in about 50 packs being Bolvar.
Needless to say I was not very amused, and to add insult to injury I opened him on my f2p account on Asia so I can't even put him in a mustard/quartermaster gimmick deck because I don't have the cards.
Will probably get dusted for Dr.Boom or Gazlowe if no Quartermasters pop up before I reach 1200 dust.

Yep, Disenchanted Bolvar for Gazlowe on Asia, very fun card.
As for my main I have just gotten the best pack of mine as of yet, which speak of how bad my packs usually go lol.

185888-albums6426-picture94081.png

Last edited:
Level 4
Mine was the legendaries Toshley and Gahz'rilla, one rare, one golden common, and one normal common. But that's pretty much all I got 'till now, from the GvG launch. I swear! That's the only good pack. All others were trash 'till now. No epic, man, no golden, only normal packs with 1 rare and 4 commons. All of the packs I've bought 'till now were so. (GvG ones)

Level 11
Mine is when I had a Jaraxxus and an epic that I don't remember and 2 rares, Dr.Balance was my very first legendary tho. :p

Still annoyed that 7oda got a GOLDEN Mal'ganis on his very first GvG pack.

Level 34
Just got a golden Tirion after a long dry spell of no legends.

My gold legends are: Tirion, Black Knight, Alakir, and Illidan. I dusted Ill.

Level 34
Really? The Warrior and the Druid ones are pretty cool. I'm excited to try and bring druid back to dominance.

Level 17
I don't really play warrior so I probably won't get my hands on one.
Aviana seems decent but way too slow, you really need Cenarius or multiple cards to make her good and I can't really see a scenario where you could sit on that in the first place.

So far polls seem to be overwhelmingly in favor of the warrior legendary, followed by shaman, druid and priest legendaries with the legendary that upgrades your hero power somewhere in between and further down you would find Chillmaw and Rhonin.

I probably like the Shaman/Priest legendaries the most but everything just seems so slow and I don't have much confidence that the meta is gonna slow down enough to make the cards playable.

Level 34
Aviana seems decent but way too slow, you really need Cenarius or multiple cards to make her good and I can't really see a scenario where you could sit on that in the first place.
Druid is the best class at running multiple late game cards. The ability to ramp affords you the slower early-mid game.

Status
Not open for further replies.