• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help with importing a skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Alright, here's the deal, i've customised the HeroTaurenWarchief Skin (Not Cairne Bloodhoof) and i've got no idea to what path it should lead in World Editor (Import Manager>Edit File Properties>Custom Path.

I've neither got an idea where to find the right path, (yes i've readed a tutorial), but it never showed how to get the right path...

So if anyone please let me know how i can get the right path for a customised skin

Level 19
OMG.....

ok dude... u download a skin.
look under the skin if it says follow path..... = Textures\HeroDemonHunter.blp
u must change the name of the file u imported to warcraft to that path... and if it doesent tells u the path.... look what unit u want the skin on.... = go to world editor open object editor....
and klick on that unit u choosed...
go to Art - model file double klick.....

i choosed footman...
so there u see under custom = units\human\Footman\Footman and thats the path for that model and dont forgot .blp after units\human\Footman\Footman.blp

and some models are raly hard to see path.....
then u can download a program named wc3 viewer.... search for it in tool section.
and then open program then u have a window beside the program named treeview,
klick on that c:\Program\warcraft and then klick units and there u see units klick on the unit u want, = that unit u choosed skin for klick on that unit so u see the unit in the other window and then klick current file SHow used Textures names... and there u see the correct path for the model so gl hf m8 and give me rep now..... if u want ofc lol

Level 2
i did the following...

I've textured the skin.. converted it into .blp imported it in World Editor, Object Editor>Orc>HeroTaurenWarchief>Art Model file

The tekst in ''custom'' was units\orc\HeroTaurenChieftain\HeroTaurenChieftain

copy'ed it , Import manager>(My File)>Modify File Prophertys>Custom Path

Pasted units\orc\HeroTaurenChieftain\HeroTaurenChieftain into it, (added .blp at the end)

Changed the model file to units\orc\HeroTaurenChieftain\HeroTaurenChieftain
, and the skin was just the same...

What did i do wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.