Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Import] Help with importing skins

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Verb8im, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Verb8im

Verb8im

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is a frustrating problem. I download a skin/model off hive workshop, import it correctly, change the path to what it says, and all it gives me is a shadow on the ground. I've run into this same problem before, and been able to get it working before, but I never know what I did differently to make it work. Can anyone help?

2. Chaosy

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Do you restart the editor after importing and changing the path?

3. Verb8im

Verb8im

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes. For some reason it's working now. I opened my campaign and it was there, but it wasn't when I saved the test map and went into from custom game. Weird

4. Chaosy

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    old post
    It's not weird, you need to restart the editor each to you import something.

(in some cases you actually just need to reopen the map, but I always restart the editor to make sure)

edit: inb4 I misunderstood your answer entirely.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  5. BiroN

BiroN

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think the word 'campaign' is the problem. Testing maps within a campaign won't show the skins or models that have been imported through the campaign editor. However, starting the game normally then opening the map through the custom campaign section would show whatever customizations you made through the campaign editor.

6. Potkan10

Potkan10

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have had the same problem. I just tried to import it about 5 times when it finally works. I do not know where is the problem. Perhaps something with recognizing textures.