• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Help with importing skins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
This is a frustrating problem. I download a skin/model off hive workshop, import it correctly, change the path to what it says, and all it gives me is a shadow on the ground. I've run into this same problem before, and been able to get it working before, but I never know what I did differently to make it work. Can anyone help?

Level 8
Yes. For some reason it's working now. I opened my campaign and it was there, but it wasn't when I saved the test map and went into from custom game. Weird

I think the word 'campaign' is the problem. Testing maps within a campaign won't show the skins or models that have been imported through the campaign editor. However, starting the game normally then opening the map through the custom campaign section would show whatever customizations you made through the campaign editor.

Level 2
I have had the same problem. I just tried to import it about 5 times when it finally works. I do not know where is the problem. Perhaps something with recognizing textures.

Status
Not open for further replies.