1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Help with importing a skin.

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by luistervink, Sep 17, 2008.

1. luistervink

luistervink

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alright, here's the deal, i've customised the HeroTaurenWarchief Skin (Not Cairne Bloodhoof) and i've got no idea to what path it should lead in World Editor (Import Manager>Edit File Properties>Custom Path.

I've neither got an idea where to find the right path, (yes i've readed a tutorial), but it never showed how to get the right path...

So if anyone please let me know how i can get the right path for a customised skin

2. Shanghai

Shanghai

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    OMG.....

ok dude... u download a skin.
    look under the skin if it says follow path..... = Textures\HeroDemonHunter.blp
    u must change the name of the file u imported to warcraft to that path... and if it doesent tells u the path.... look what unit u want the skin on.... = go to world editor open object editor....
    and klick on that unit u choosed...
    go to Art - model file double klick.....

i choosed footman...
    so there u see under custom = units\human\Footman\Footman and thats the path for that model and dont forgot .blp after units\human\Footman\Footman.blp

and some models are raly hard to see path.....
    then u can download a program named wc3 viewer.... search for it in tool section.
    and then open program then u have a window beside the program named treeview,
    klick on that c:\Program\warcraft and then klick units and there u see units klick on the unit u want, = that unit u choosed skin for klick on that unit so u see the unit in the other window and then klick current file SHow used Textures names... and there u see the correct path for the model so gl hf m8 and give me rep now..... if u want ofc lol

3. luistervink

luistervink

Resources:
    Resources:
    i did the following...

I've textured the skin.. converted it into .blp imported it in World Editor, Object Editor>Orc>HeroTaurenWarchief>Art Model file

The tekst in ''custom'' was units\orc\HeroTaurenChieftain\HeroTaurenChieftain

copy'ed it , Import manager>(My File)>Modify File Prophertys>Custom Path

Pasted units\orc\HeroTaurenChieftain\HeroTaurenChieftain into it, (added .blp at the end)

Changed the model file to units\orc\HeroTaurenChieftain\HeroTaurenChieftain
    , and the skin was just the same...

What did i do wrong?

4. Fengik

Fengik

Resources:
    Resources:
    did you try to save the map, close WE and Reopen the map?

5. luistervink

luistervink

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes.. Still doesn't work...