• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] Changing doodad skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I wanted to change the skin of a doodad to something I've downloaded, I've imported the skin, then set the "replace texture files" property of the doodad to the custom path of the imported skin...I've tried to change the custom path of the skin to the default path of the replace texture file for the doodad, still doesn't seem to work, how do I go about getting this to work?

Level 6
Did you even restart the map or tried to test it ingame to see if the doodad works properly?

Also, most of the time models don't need paths to be changed (maybe removing war3imported part) unless the pages specify to.

Level 6
It would help if you linked the download page of the model itself, since it probably has instructions and the staircase isn't working properly in my case. I also even found it more weird that it's a blp too.

Level 11
Level 6
Oh I see. I'm not a fan of importing/ripping things from other maps without asking permission, even especially if it's open source. But it was uploaded like 9 years ago or so...

Status
Not open for further replies.