• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your inner Kaiju, Godzilla, or Giant Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
From the Godzilla Universe to the Pacific Rim Universe. From the Cloverfield monster to King Kong to Cthulu.

What are your favorite giant monsters or anti monster robots. From anywhere, yes dragons count.

My favorites are Godzilla (2000), Godzilla (2014), Mechagodzilla 3 (Kiryu 2002), Zilla, Anguirus, and Female MUTO.

(I'm posting this because I just watched Godzilla 2014)

Level 14
Well, g14 is definitely one of the best monsters to hit the big screen. I enjoyed both the movie and Gojibear itself, though the Femuto left me somewhat disappointed (dudes, it's not enough to make it absurdly big).

On the other hand, Flymuto was freaking making me piss my pants from the sheer horror of seeing it dive-fly through the clouds, flying by skyscrapers. Just look at it.

Goddamn it. I'm extremely happy creatures like this cannot exist on our planet.

My other Kaiju favs are the giant unnamed squid from The Host, Cloverfield's Clover, and, if we can count it as Kaiju, Carpenter's version of The Thing (I know, technically it's not a Kaiju but it's easy to imagine it as a grotesque, flesh-consuming alien roaming the cities of New York, accumulating mass by devouring bystanders).

Also, most incarnations of Mothra. Mothra rules. Period.

God, I really wish for a well-done Lovecraftian kaiju movie.

EDIT:

Oh, I forgot one of my favorite Kaiju movies, Trolljegeren. The final encounter was terrifying. I'd add the big fella to this list.

Giant Bender from Futurama.

254204-futurama_giant_bender_hide_and_seek_super.jpg

Level 32
Well, g14 is definitely one of the best monsters to hit the big screen. I enjoyed both the movie and Gojibear itself, though the Femuto left me somewhat disappointed (dudes, it's not enough to make it absurdly big).

On the other hand, Flymuto was freaking making me piss my pants from the sheer horror of seeing it dive-fly through the clouds, flying by skyscrapers. Just look at it.

Pssh, absurdly big? That thing was awesome even though it didn't have powers. Flymuto was too weak, and it's death will not be remembered :D
Rodan burn it to death.

My other Kaiju favs are the giant unnamed squid from The Host, Cloverfield's Clover, and, if we can count it as Kaiju, Carpenter's version of The Thing (I know, technically it's not a Kaiju but it's easy to imagine it as a grotesque, flesh-consuming alien roaming the cities of New York, accumulating mass by devouring bystanders).

I almost watched the host but it didn't have subtitles. Clover was the happiest soul wasn't he? The thing, in Kaiju form would be cooler than Hedora!

Also, most incarnations of Mothra. Mothra rules. Period.

Rodan rules the skies in that universe.

@Chobibo Looks like a cross between an Autobot and Decepticon.
@Solu and Zwiebelchen Whatever that is. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.