• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Yet untitled Godzilla Tribute.

What monsters would you like to see at start? (pick 5)

• Godzilla

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Anguirus

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • King Kong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • King ghidorah

• Hedorah

• Biollante

• Gigan

• Kamacuras

• Kumonga

• Battra

• Orga

• Meganulon

• jet Jaguar

• Megalon

• Scylla

• Garuda

• M.O.G.U.E.R.A.

• Titanosaurus

• Gorosaurus

• Manda

• Baragon

• Varan

• Gabara

• Ebirah

• Behemoth

• Ultraman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Few simple things i am not a professional in any respect i have taken some classes and went to collage for awhile for game design i can hardly C++ my way out of a box! but i am a man on a mission.

The idea a map akin to other tributes like DBZ Ultimate & Tribute/FMA/Bleach so on that pay homage to the original content there pulled from.

What would the first version look like?: Super simple rough cut lots of place holders, but it would hold a city zone to represent a Japanese city, a place holder skull island and some scattered Fluff terrain just to leave room for later changes. 8 players at the start with that number changing down the road. 2 players on a team representing Humanity with the ability to build Mecha-Godzilla and Mothra the defender of humanity. the other players would each be playing one of the classic major monsters (Godzilla,King Ghidora, Rodan, Anguirus, Destroyah, maybe Giant spider from the classic kid Godzilla movies down the road. So on) The monsters would Gain Gold/EXP by destroying human buildings and units encouraging them to "Farm" humanity but not destroy completely. the game would have a focus on farming just enough to over power the other players and win or for the humans to build up mecha godzilla strong enough to defend humanity for good.

What would the final version be?: Every. Single. Monster. all of them playable in some form every monster would go through its iterations (Mothra would get reborn and eventually gain batra as well, Godzilla would go through his many melt down stages/space Godzilla kid Godzilla so on) and we would have a full complex map with events spawning giving that monster if played a buff or spawning that monster if he wasent picked by a player and making them rampage (some monsters would be this events think saga in DBZ tribute)

Sounds great! so why are you here?: Whelp as mentioned i suck i will be the first to admit i am hardly better then any other noob with an idea he difference here is that i feel like i have abit more of a plan and not just some grandiose idea i am going to give up in 2 days. Nope i want this i have been playing wc3 sense it came out and all ways wanted to make a map i have fiddled around on afew different occasions but never finished anything it never... felt right? i was making things in a vacuum and dident know anything about making games i just wanted to goof. Now i want to give the King of the Monsters the representation he deserves.

What do i need?: well ideally the biggest team known to man with all the time in the world! but really i just need some one with some Experience in the world editor to help me out when ever i cant figure out something, The realistic ideal would be a modeler cause there are no Godzilla models An animator to puppet the models to give them proper ability's and visuals and a Coder/Trigger programmer.

So what are you gunna do dont them 3 roles cover everything?: well i was planning on doing everything some one dosent cover so if i cant get any help all of it if i can get some one better at it to do it awesome there a god maybe i can help them out in the future. if we get all 3 i would be handling terrain and filling in the gaps any time they needed help with something so if the trigger guy needs X object or code i would do everything in my power to figure it out Hurrass all the people i know if i have to! or sit there and read a technical manual and watch guides.

Enclosing: Thank you for reading this if you pass it up cool i hope you enjoy it when ever this gets done! If your in sweet respond here or shoot me an add on discord via TheWhiteRabbit#8082 but no matter what have a nice day.

Current progress : Terrain sculpting and getting place holders down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.