• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Who is interested in helping me with a map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I want to make a map based on the World of Kaiju. Any Kaiju fans can come and contribute. I'd like to get it started but without proper models or terrain it will look horrible, not to mention my triggering is not that hot. (quite bad) I notice there is a lack of kaiju, or more commonly known Godzilla maps, and I really feel that there should be one (a GOOD one, not a crappy one that mispells every name wrong...) around Bnet, so more people would like it.

Oh and uh Kaiju means Monster, but its the proper term for the Japanese monsters. Namely, Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah, Rodan, Anguirus etc......

If no one is interested I'll still try, but I don't think it'll be nearly as good as I want it to be.

Level 1
Hrm no edit button.... Anyway I've been checking out the other threads, and I realize people want more information before they agree to help someone else's map. (although help might not be the right word, partnership is more like it)

Anyway the setting of the map is on Monster Island. Its and island, with mountains, lakes, a big volcano, and a human base set to monitor it. The human base is heavily defended. Why? Because it recently unearthed a rock which can be used as a massive energy source, and if harnessed properly it can power all of Japan. The downside? Its power attracts monsters to the source.

Now the teams. The first team are the monsters of Monster Island. Their goal is to get to the Stone, and than use its power to drive off the invaders. The stone can be reversed, and then it can be used as a kind of ward that damages any enemy near it. Now you might be thinking "drive off the humans?" No. Instead there is a second team.

Space Daikaiju, attracted to the call of the stone, also have come to retrieve it. Several kaiju on the Earth away from Monster Island also makes up the second team. They join with the space Kaiju to destroy the human base, get the crystal, and place it on top of the volcano (their new base). There it must stay for 10 (or more to balance) minutes before the rock melts and become a liquid. This liquid gives the space kaiju heightened stats and then they proceed to destroy the humans and Island Kaiju.

The last team are the humans themselves. The humans are controlled by the computer, but the humans also have Mechs and other creations to work for them. The goal of the humans and Mechs are to use the stone to power their machines. That means the guys on this team cannot die (once they die they revive back at base) until the stone is stolen.

Well thats about it, I'd like any help I can get.

Level 4
I'll help, i've cancelled most of my projects (Elemental AOS still waiting for the damn models). I'll do all your triggering if you dont want to do it. I will also do some balancing if you need any (this map doesn't seem to need much by the sounds of it) and if you need AI i will be glad to help out there. PM me if you want my help and we can sort this out.

Level 1
Come on, there must be more people than that... I remember some people replying to the King Ghidorah model that they want to make a Godzilla map, and I appreciate help... Sorry if I'm anxious, but I'd like some people to bounce ideas off of.

Level 4
between constantly playing WC3 instead of visiting this forum and working on my own map (mostly ideas right now) i dont know how much help i can be. but, I'm available to bounce ideas off :)
maybe if i get some more free time i can help you out with something, i just dont want to bog myself. feel free to send me a PM if you like, or better yet list the ideas here and bounce them off wc3s forum readers :)

Level 4
eh... same problem here :?
models skins and animations are definately not my thing, and i know enough about jass to make my dog laugh at me. but hey, never had any trouble with the maps i worked on b4 :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.