• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your favorite custom music track in gaias?

Which custom music track is your favorite?

• The Dungeon theme taken from The Witcher score

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • The slowly building up theme taken from Icewind Dale

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • The Highlands-type theme taken from the The Witcher score

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • The two epic mystic themes from Baldurs Gate II

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I don't care about the custom music ... so get rid of it completely!

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In order to make room for new attachment models in upcoming updates, the custom music files have to be removed.

However, since there is almost 1,8 megabytes of custom music in Gaias, we do not have to get rid of all mp3 music at once.

I created this poll to get your oppinions: is there a specific song you are very attached to that you would like to stay?

Or do you not care about the music at all?

EDIT: Attached the mp3 files.

Attachments

• Gaias music.7z
    1.7 MB · Views: 76
Level 10
Is there any way we can get links to the songs? I know they are in Gaias currently but I'm not sure which song is from what game and I don't want to vote on some random choice without knowing which song is from what. I tried doing some google searches on the ones you listed here but I couldn't really find too much that matched up with what I think I heard in gaias.

EDIT: Just as I posted this I saw you edited your post and already answered what I was about to ask haha thanks zwiebel checkin them out now.

EDIT2: I never really noticed how great the music was in Gaias and now REALLY listening to them I'm a little sad to see them go. Ultimately if you are to remove a few from the game and leave a couple behind I think the Dungeon.mp3 and the Mountains.mp3 are the best choices to keep in game. I liked Overworld1 & 2 but it's very slow paced and I don't think many people will ultimately notice its absence. I do enjoy overworld3 though.

Level 3
I vote for using standard music in warcraft. The importing custom music will take many Kbs or even Mb, let's make room for new interest content further. I like Gaias because of gameplay, not music :D.

Level 18
Oh well with the new dungeon, the dungeon music won't fit at all so i really don't know..

also what happened to your mldi or something like that reader to make music?

omg now that i listen to the mountains music, that music would be so epic in the Gigantic mountains from 1.2 e_e

it could also be used for dungeons :C

Level 5
I found some good music on tube, back when customizing some of my skrim's music mods. If you want names I'll go find them on my HDD but just to point you in that direction, maybe you'll like them, I'd suggest you search epic music on tube and see for yourself. These are the names of some of the groups/companies making such music.

Two Steps From Hell
Audiomachine
West One Music
Immediate Music
Future World Music
Epic Score

I won't make any comments on copyright. I don't know your standing on that and I'd rather leave it up to you to decide. Most of these companies, more now than before, are going royalty-free anyway.

BTW, "The slowly building up theme taken from Icewind Dale" is the one sounding like Irish uilleann pipe? Cuz that's my favorite I hope I chose right:)

Level 5
I mostly use -music, so taking the music 1.8mbs and translating it to actually effecting gameplay elements would be better.

Level 8
Can't believe! You revealed music tracks at last!! Thanks, I thought their origin will be mystery.
Yes... music brings unique atmosphere to Gaias. I enjoy Overworld3 also. And Bhaalchild Theme is kind of main theme in Gaias, dont you think?
Can't vote because dont know where is Overworld3 from.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.