• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Your D&D Knowledge

What do tou know about D&D?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello, all Roleplayers. As everyone knows, Dungeons and Dragons is one of the most popular Roleplaying experiences ever. So, I was wondering what you guys know about the D&D universe for future reference. Just answer the poll and perhaps post a comment, and maybe this will also give me an idea of how popular roleplaying is on the Hive.
Please answer th epoll only if you are a roleplayer or intend to be a roleplayer. Thank you all, and I'll se you around.

{EDIT}
Just to let everyone know, I went for #4. I played the minatures game a lot, and read a lot of books that take place in the D&D world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 14
That orc battle must have epic.
Me on the other hand don't usually have epic battles. I kinda end then quick.

Level 8
#5. I have downloaded digital copies of all the books (4.0 excluded), have most classes written on sheets of notebook paper, a stack about 2 ft. high of character sheets, and lots of terrain for custom-made maps.

Level 12
Not even epic at all. We were a band of two guys who just left this tavern in search of something, I forgot by now, and we got ambushed by five orcs. Over 30 rolls, I kid you not, to kill one orc. I committed suicide in game and then went and played GTA afterwards.

Level 10
Well, I'm getting pretty varied answers. I was simply wondering how well a text RP would do in a D&D universe, and have no intentions to play an actual game with anyone. As a matter of fact, I never actually played the game before.

EDIT: 111'th post!

Level 8
SoLmaster, excuse me but i fail to see how you could be the GM of anything, and as far as my DnD knowledge is, i played a couple of games back in the day, and i kinda know about the world and crap. :D

Level 27
Eh... I know abit about DnD. Enough to know the concept, basics and to know when stuff can be described as "Like in DnD".
But apart from that i usually play with a Danish releplaying system which is called LEF.
A nice little system that uses one or more six sided dies for everything. :thumbs_up:
I think it's called Witche's Coven in english, but i'm not sure. If not then LEF and Witche's Coven is working together :p

EDIT: And about LARP: I've done alot of it.
And i can tell you, if you don't have a group made of people whose intention 100% is to RP then it will devolve into LWaS, Live Whack and Slash.

Last edited:
Level 19
I play NWN online.
On one hand, it is pretty much a restricted version of D&D, with no real DM interaction besides the occasional fucking-with of the world.
Then again, on the other hand, it is a lot more immersive than rolling dice, characters are real, they have their own stories to tell etc.
(Love playing my anti-paladin of Cyric and relentlessly abusing everyone I meet; killed a whole party the other day, including a Paladin and a Banite, which was nice.)

Lore-wise, I read the Forgotten Realms wiki a lot and an a fan of RA Salvatore's work. Yeah, I know my stuff, #4.

Status
Not open for further replies.