• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WoW vs. Warcraft III roleplaying...

World of Warcraft, Warcraft III, or both are good for RP'ing

• World of Warcraft

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • Warcraft III

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • Both have their pros and cons

Votes: 49 46.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Here is a poll (or atleast me trying to put one up). What do you think is better? World of Warcraft roleplaying, or Warcraft III roleplaying? I say they counter-balance eachother out with their own pros and cons.

Warcraft III:
+Ability to build buildings and take control of multiple characters
+No threat of being attacked by Horde (or Alliance)
+Ability to shape the terrain (in the newer maps)
-An overdose of new players who are clueless to roleplaying
-Many griefers who join to piss you off
World of Warcraft:
+Equippable items (duh)
+Mounts
+Enterable 3D buildings
+Many, MANY players at any given time
+And something that has something to do with a certain private thing that's... technically illegal but will not be mentioned since I'm a good boy
-Many griefers who shun roleplaying
-The threat of being attacked by Horde (or Alliance)
-People who cyber
-People who could betray your guild

[Discuss] your opinions and what-not. I wanna hear them!

Level 15
See, on private servers (specially' the one I'm on), you usually have PvP servers. Sure, I PvP ALOT, but RP'ing is difficult on said servers. This all depends on your server, however. On the server I use RP'ing is both looked down on and enjoyed, and those who blindly hate it... Say you and someone else are Alliance. You roleplay. This Alliance player finds your "HQ", as they are called, and rolls a Horde to DELIBERATELY attack you. In most cases, people who RP on the private server suck at PvP, and we get squashed because of lack of skill.

Level 12
Cyber? o_O this isnt diabli, how the hell can you cyber over WoW

Zippernoodle: Aww you make me so horny

mynameisbob: Oh yea show me whos boss

Zippernoodle: Aww man your naked lvl 68 Night elf its so hot and sexy, lets make CYBER BABIES

(Eh)

Level 4
... Diabli...?

On to the topic:
I'd say Warcraft 3. Never played World of Warcraft, and don't plan to. I've seen it, and the RPing in it, and I really don't like that. On Warcraft 3 you have private games with people you know who wouldn't do stupid things. But that's getting harder, too... I just can't wait for Starcraft 2. Which, in my opinion, will probably bring back old Rpers and newer ones.

Level 1
It really depends. World of WarCraft is better in terms of developing storylines which you'll stick to for a long time (years, in some cases), and it's easier to progress your character.

Of course, in WarCraft 3 you don't need to follow Blizzard's lore, which is being beaten down right now (I believe that death knights loyal to horde/alliance, as any race, shall be the death blow). Oh, and as you're controlling entire kingdoms/empires etc. at a time (unless you like being wanderers), nobody can walk into a city and begin dancing naked to a guard, screaming insults out (like is seen on WoW, oh so many times).

Level 3
Maybe it's just me, but in WoW the game itself always distracts me from RPing. I've always rolled on RP-PvP realms but I've only actually roleplayed a couple times because I always seemed to get pulled away to raiding or pvp.

Besides Wc3 gives you so much more control. :)

Level 10
Well, WoW rping can get boring fast. That and "i can randomly summon my mount!" and the fact that you can-NOT roleplay as multiple people at once. Though I lack all the noobs and RP-haters because of the server I'm on.

Where as, WC3 RP allows for you to be 5 different people at the same time and make whatever you want. Sure -- the terrain is limited most of the time, but that's okay.

They're both good, but for different things.

Level 25
WarCraft III FTW!

When standing next to World of WarCraft, WarCraft IV would annihilate it completely. WarCraft III for the total win and best game Blizzard Entertainment has ever made, even though World of WarCraft became more financially successful.

~Craka_J

Level 15
Let's look at the key words here. Would annihilate it completely. Would. As in it didn't happen yet, and probably won't because Blizzard likes to beat up the things it makes by turning it into an MMO.

Level 15
Should fits the bill perfectly, actually! Since they SHOULD make a new game, but they're too busy rolling around in the piles of cash.

Level 23
Lol good one, I prefer wc3 roleplaying, as you have more controll and are not limited, and btw, I (and a hell of a lot of other people) have found a way to let people wear armours. (Just change the model of the Flag 'unit' you know, the one used for capture the flag and such)

Level 15
Yeah yeah, using an attachment. We've already known that. And even so, armor usually doesn't fit right on units as an attachment. The only one I know that does is that armor designed for the peasant unit.

Level 4
My problem with WoW roleplaying is that there are always idiots that either suck at roleplaying, or refuse to do it and in spite of some random person they don't even know try to mess up their roleplay. Also, the game system is annoying because of not being able to wear certain armor, so that limits roleplaying as well. And you just don't have the freedom you would in WC3.

Level 1
Well WC3 Is better in RPing Becuse:
+ Its Whole Games for it!
+ Its Possible to Get The Noobs that PvP Away by Kicking them...!
+ you can kill Anyone if u need
Well WoW is Wors of RPing Becuse:
- You can only attack The Alliances if ur horde and Horde if ur Alliance
- you can only speak with the Same Faction
- You cant get Noobs That PvP Away... without killing them
Thats my meanings

Level 3
I enjoy WoW RP alot more.
With the newest fools who try SotDRP, they have gotten annoying with their god modding, stupidity, and Anti-Common Sense. It's so annoying. But, on the other side, I RP with friends that KNOW what they're doing and is the opposite of the ones I listed, so...Wc3 has it's pros and cons.

Even though WoW RP is more enjoyable to me, where I wont cringe my teeth at the god modding idiots, You either go to a RP server, or your in a discarded RP server, where it's just idiots who shun RP, and make fun of you for Rping on a RP server.

Like everyone else says, They have their own pros and cons.

Level 4
How does RPing work on WoW? I thought that game was set for just fighting monsters and the other sides players...

Level 23
I think it's people who use their characters as characters, and not as tools for just killing more monsters... they mostly talk, use clothing, do stuff... if the animations don't allow it, they say they do stuff and everybody then uses their imagination... actualy how ever game roleplaying goes ^^.

Level 15
It could be that they are from another country. Since, as you know, we have alot of those on this site. Many foreigners to English substitute spaces with commas, to form sentences,like,this.So yeah... you get the idea.

Level 18
I believe that WoW provides a much better opportunity for individual roleplaying, your character can produce a wide variety of emotions, etc, that enhance realism.

Agreed completley,

WoW has a much larger open enviroment, and gives you a wide range of emotions, items, skills, looks, and names.

Warcraft III RP is dead, the only RP hope I have is Dungeons and Dragons, which is about to die. SotDRP is only Vanguard now, thats all SotDRP I see, and I HATE Vanguard, the terrain is Atrocious, really really REALLY bad. And most people who play SotDRP now are DotA assholes, or just plain Assholes. DnD players have a wide variety, somewhat as well.

I stick to WoW, especially when its a GM RP server like the one im at, (I wont advert anymore).

Good night

~Nightbane of WoW-V AKA Z3.

Level 23
I know a site where there are a couple of people who roleplay on wc3, and even more who just forum roleplay... anyway, if you don't want to do individual roleplay, then WoW sucks... Both have pro's and con's... maybe you should just combine them? play one part of the rp in wc3 and another in WoW?

Level 15
It would be too much of a hastle, unless you plan on saving your game... which is messed up on b.net. Besides, I don't have B.net anymore cause I tried to use B.net on my cracked version of Diablo II... Epic fail. So I don't really focus on B.net too much.

Edit: The one RP server I joined sucked hard. It had it's own story that was kinda messed up... and since it was private, not too many people were playing. And what did those people do? Talked, obviously. Talked and talked and talked. IamtheRper, can you PM me your server please?

Level 7
I agree with WC3 Roleplay being fail, I tried roleplaying during a Bnet Mellee game, I play a Paladin of the light and my teamates just got realy pissed off with me, they called me a retard lol though it was pretty funny and I'd do it again for lols

Level 19
Warcraft III And World Of Warcraft, But Warcraft III More. Because in Warcraft III, you can customize a map to make it just almost like World Of Warcraft, except you add in some of the Warcraft III pro features to make it all perfect, there's a never ending stream of ideas for Warcraft III maps and too bad there isn't a World Editor in World Of Warcraft...

PS: I don't play World Of Warcraft, only tried the trial once, it was quite fun but, it costs money every two months...

Level 6
Give a /bump at this thread.I think WoW is better cause the experience looks more realistic...as for WC3 I am still its supporter,but roleplaying is something that unfortunetaly lacks a bit

Level 15
Don't judge an unfinished beta map or go make better.
To this I say it is his opinion and he is allowed to voice it. I too have a major dislike of the SotDRP series, specifically because it was reared (insult) by Lord-Anarki, but that's beside the point.

WoW is just filled with too many idiots.
While I will admit I haven't played Warcraft III for a while, the last time I roleplayed on Warcraft III it was also filled with idiots.

Level 12
To this I say it is his opinion and he is allowed to voice it. I too have a major dislike of the SotDRP series, specifically because it was reared (insult) by Lord-Anarki, but that's beside the point.

While I will admit I haven't played Warcraft III for a while, the last time I roleplayed on Warcraft III it was also filled with idiots.

All I'm saying is that his opinion is based off of something I never intented to have released because 13lackcat released it around a week or so early, and I was wanting to remove an entire island, add in more interiors, do a fix on anything that got screwed over when he put in the triggers and what-not, such as the column interiors, the piers, and other small things, and not to mention I wanted to redo a third of the desert. So basically I am judged now on, I admit, a not so very good terrain, when in fact it was meant to be so much better. Anyways, my Requiem terrain will blow it and all other current terrains away.

All games have idiots in them at some point, it's the matter of finding the ones that don't have idiots in them.

Level 6
I remember, long ago, I played WoW with my 2 cousins. We would always RP while we played, for to us, it enhances the fun. We had so much fun until that day came where this guy started being an real prick. So what we did, was stop rping with the regular /say, and did it through party when it was just us 3. Sadly the day came where My older cousin's little brother (who played with us) couldn't play anymore. And then WoW started becoming gay. All these horrible patches... then expansions came, which were good at first, but became boring fast for us. So we both stopped playing. A while later, I was looking at youtube videos and found out about the supposably 'Illegal' Private Server. (Which is not illegal btw, cause we bought WoW fair and square, and we are allowed to do with it as we please. And its not like were cheating Blizzard, for private servers dont have blizzard's support.) after a long time, we found out how to do it, and we did it. There we rp'd once again, but after a while, it got boring as only us 3, so we stopped that. Then we started rping in WC3, but we broke apart from that as well. Then constantly we would go back to WoW ps and other games where we rp'ed every couple of weeks. In my opinion, if WoW didnt turn gay and had ACTUAL RP servers, it would be a better place for RP. I think this way cause just how immersed you felt when you played it as your character. I never truly feel that in WC3. Dont get me wrong, I like rp'ing in WC3 as well, but it just feels different in WoW.

Status
Not open for further replies.