• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

XenForo 2.0 and what to come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Recently the developers of our forum platform XenForo announced version 2.0. Have a look around that site and get a feel of what's changed. What I think will matter most to you are the following:

Emoji (utf8mb4) support
If you run a version of MySQL that supports utf8mb4, you can convert your tables (through a script) to use that to allow emojis to be used in posts: ☕️️ Currently, the underlying emojis come from the OS/browser so they may differ between visitors.

New rich text editor
We're using a new rich text editor. This system is more actively maintained and easier to customize to fit our needs.

Member tooltip replaces member card
Clicking a username will now take you directly to the user profile rather than creating an overlay. Hovering a username will instead bring up a tooltip with similar information to the existing member card. (There may be implementation changes to this for touch devices.)

Attachments shown in previews
When previewing a message, any embedded attachments will now be displayed (instead of a "view attachment" text placeholder).

There are many changes. When this update is released, I will probably spend a few months updating our own addons to support this new version. I just figured I would show you something from the future :).

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Unread alert/conversation indicator in favicon, title tag
Oh yes

Moderators may now ban users directly (by permission)
Oh fuck

Edit: And those likes will promote PC atmosphere which rewards self censorship.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 17
@Ralle, well it's looking different since I was last here.. looks like you finally managed to incorporate a bit of change! Only took you 5 or so years ;)

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Yeah, so short time :D. The old codebase was made back when I was completely uneducated. I couldn't touch it without feeling disgust :D.

Anyway, coast this site and then the one I linked at the top and give feedback. Perhaps some of it could go back to the XenForo developers if something is really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.