• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Weird hidden handling of Markdown-type formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
The forum is supposed to be using BB-Code in messages like this right? bold text = [b]bold text[/b].
Well apparently it also supports Markdown. The previous sentence was brought to you by: Well *apparently* it also supports **Markdown**.

My only issue with it being unexpected. I wanted to colorize text inside [COLOR=rgb(226, 80, 65)]backticks[/COLOR] and instead it turned into an icode element (inline code). Adding salt to the surprising injury, I can't escape the backticks like in Github-flavoured Markdown with backslashes: \it isnt supposed to be code\. I can't turn it off as an option before posting my message. And it only becomes visible in Preview or after posting.

This probably isn't even a Hive issue and Xenforo's instead?

Tip: you can see my original formatting by "Reply-ing" to the message, then edit it in your reply box.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
This probably isn't even a Hive issue and Xenforo's instead?
This.

But let me try something `stuff with backticks around`.

I know it's not ideal. Ultimately it would be nice with a couple settings per message and defaults per account. But what you can do is to wrap things with [plain] tags to prevent markup.

Status
Not open for further replies.