• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] [Wurst] Slow Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey I just started using Wurst. I followed the instructions carefully twice (re-installed it already). Is it normal that it takes at least 3 minutes before I can finally test my map?
I save it, it copies the map, then nothing happens within 3-5 minutes, then finally Warcraft 3 window appears and my map starts to load.

My theory is that it runs "Frozen Throne" app instead of "war3". war3 app is faster to open though. But Arthas' fugly face doesn't show up so maybe I'm wrong.

Level 4
I see. The 2gb patch. Sigh impossible right now.
Thanks for answering.

Edit:

Last edited:
Level 4
I think that's the problem. There is a "wurst" folder but there's no "wurstlang". Inside, there is no log folder. There's no folder at all. Just 3 "pecRANDOMNUMBERSwurst" files.

Level 4
Dang harder than I thought.
I'll try searching for it. I'll just give up if I can't, it might just be because my pc's shit.

Level 4
For windows it is stored at C:\Users\USERNAME\.wurst\logs
Damn I wish I read this before doing all that searching! Time wasted!

Thanks. But unfortunately the log for Testing is not there either.
Is it the building that's doing that 3 minute pause? Because there is no info given by VS. I can't figure out what's causing this.

Level 4
Already did, it seems like he hasn't been around since posting Wurst3.
I suspect that my 2007 pc is somewhat the cause, but I never had any serious issue with other software until now.

Oh hey, do you know what app Wurst run when testing a map? Frozen Throne or war3?
I just run FrozenThrone and it also took a lot of time before it opens, while war3 took only seconds.

EDIT:
Yeah I'm sure now. This is it. Wurst run FrozenThrone.
I never had this problem in JassNewGen because it runs war3 apparently.

So now... how do I modify this?

Last edited:
But you should not have either of those applications in your wc3 directory, you should only have Warcraft III.exe and Warcraft III Launcher.exe, everything else is from past patches. So get the latest version, or reinstall wc3 completely. I didn't even think it'd run at all on older versions. I had some problems with startup and getting a clean install + latest patch solved them.

Level 4
Hello again! I'll post this here just in case anyone has the same problem, for anyone that can't update their wc3 to the latest version for some reason (can't download that 2gb filesize):

I solved it by duplicating war3 application then renamed that duplicated version into "Frozen Throne".
But rename the original Frozen Throne application first to "Frozen Throne2" or any name you want. Just don't permanently delete it.

Basically, I just replaced the application used by Wurst into the one that is actually working properly.

Level 4
@Natu I still don't understand why it took so long to start though? Are you using resource mpqs in your game directory or other things?
Does it now start normally with old patch or with new patch?
Not using any hack or anything.
version 1.26. Latest is 2gb, I can't update my wc3 because I don't have enough space on this computer, so I'm stuck with this version for the next 4 months.

Well at version 1.26, the Frozen Throne application starts very slow for some people, so we have this workaround where we run the war3 application instead (the one without an icon), which does the same thing but a lot faster.

The problem is when the user's running an outdated version of wc3, Wurst by default run Frozen Throne application instead of war3 when testing a map. That's why it's slower for some of us.
Can you please change this bit we would very much appreciate it, I would :)
If not we can always just rename war3 to "Frozen Throne", that would solve the problem anyway.

Edit:
By the way! Just in case you already forgotten, war3 is an app within WarcraftIII directory by default at 1.26. It's not an external... thing. That's the one WorldEditor use.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.