• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Wurst] Problem with getting WurstScript to run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Hello dear Hiveworkshop Programmers,

I am currently getting into Mapmaking again and I am confronting myself with WurstScript.

I installed JRE.

Then installed VS Code and installed the WurstScript Plugin.

Then I proceeded to start the "WurstInstaller" and set the paths correctly to my Warcraft 3 TFT folder.

When I start the newly created Wurst Structure I get all the folders that are listed in the Wurst Manual Guide for Installation.

But If I try to "Run Task" in Visual Studio Code and try to type "runmap" as described in the manual it doesn't work.

It doesn't display "Hello World" as it should. The Syntax highlighting seems to work.

Please help! I do not know what is wrong here.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
A possible cause might be due to Java 11 no longer shipping with a user orientated JRE build. Java 11 is only available as an SDK, which includes the JRE, but does not automatically set the path environment variable to allow Java programs to automatically run.

If this is the cause, the solution would be...
Control Panel -> System -> Advanced system settings ->Environment Variables... -> System variables (table) -> Path (entry in table) -> make sure it contains a line like "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11\bin" except set appropriately for your JDK install to point at the bin folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.