• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem starting with Wurst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
I tried to start to use wurst following the steps, but the VSCode throws me an error:
Code:
Loading Wurst version 1.8.1.0-jenkins-Wurst-1271
Workspace null. Make sure to open a valid project root using File->Open Folder, before opening code files.
[Error - 23:27:12] Server initialization failed.
TypeError: Cannot read property 'capabilities' of null
    at c:\Users\SEBAS\.vscode\extensions\peterzeller.wurst-0.5.10\node_modules\vscode-languageclient\lib\client.js:1972:34
And every time I wanna run the example map it also throws me an error, what did i do wrong?

Level 24
It tells you the error... Read. And follow instructions from the guide correctly.
Oh I miss the word "Folder" I think it says "File" thank you, now I have another problem, when I wanna try run a wurst map with VSCode this happens:

1622502802317.png

And for some reason opens the Reign of Chaos and not the Frozen Throne.

Level 24
At the end, how can I solve the problem?, these are the settings:
Code:
{
  "wurst.javaOpts" : [ "-XX:+UseG1GC", "-XX:+UseStringDeduplication", "-XX:+AggressiveOpts", "-Xmx1G" ],
  "files.associations" : {
    "wurst.build" : "yaml"
  },
  "search.useIgnoreFiles" : false,
  "yaml.schemas" : {
    "./.vscode/wbschema.json" : "/wurst.build"
  },
  "wurst.wurstJar" : "C:\\Users\\SEBAS\\.wurst\\wurstscript.jar",
  "wurst.wc3path" : "C:\\Users\\SEBAS\\Documents\\WarCraft III"
}
Edit: Wait, I are you trying to tell me that to use wurst I have to use Reforged?

Last edited:
Level 23
Edit: Wait, I are you trying to tell me that to use wurst I have to use Reforged?
No, but reforged is default since we target the latest official patch. The standard library makes use of the new natives.
If you want to target older patches, you need to provide the old common.j and blizzard.j and use old standard library/no new features.

Level 24
Well, after searching I found you already solved it in another tread
so now the problem is solved.

Level 24
This is what's says:
Code:
Unrecognized VM option 'AggressiveOpts'
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
[Info  - 17:55:01] Connection to server got closed. Server will restart.
[Error - 17:55:01] Connection to server got closed. Server will not be restarted.
What is the problem with "Java Virtual Machine"?, is this because I added Java extensions to VSCode? or maybe because I installed another program to Java called "Apache NetBeans".

Level 24
Sorry but what is obvious for you is not obvious for everyone (I'm not very into "advanced programming").
Anyway, I searched and I found that the option 'AggressiveOpts' is a function that becomes obsolete in JDK 11 and was removed in JDK 12, so the problem came from that I installed JDK 16 so I uninstalled it and reinstalled Java 8, and now the problem is solved again, thank you.

Last edited:
Level 23
Sorry but what is obvious for you is not obvious for everyone (I'm not very into "advanced programming").
Anyway, I searched and I found that the option 'AggressiveOpts' is a function that becomes obsolete in JDK 11 and was removed in JDK 12, so the problem came from that I installed JDK 16 so I uninstalled it and reinstalled Java 8, and now the problem is solved again, thank you.
I'm not saying that the underlying cause is obvious, but the error itself, since it says "Error" in front.
Googling an error should be your first cause of action, before posting, imho.
You can also stay with Java 16, but then you need to remove the JVM option from settings.json

Level 24
@Frotty this is the settings, what should I do?, I don't wanna mess it.
JSON:
{
  "wurst.javaOpts" : [ "-XX:+UseG1GC", "-XX:+UseStringDeduplication", "-XX:+AggressiveOpts", "-Xmx1G" ],
  "files.associations" : {
    "wurst.build" : "yaml"
  },
  "search.useIgnoreFiles" : false,
  "yaml.schemas" : {
    "./.vscode/wbschema.json" : "/wurst.build"
  },
  "wurst.wurstJar" : "C:\\Users\\SEBAS\\.wurst\\wurstscript.jar",
  "wurst.wc3path" : "C:\\Users\\SEBAS\\Downloads\\Warcraft III 1.27"
}

Status
Not open for further replies.