• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

wth is happening to my laptop screen?!? Black spot and white area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
20170601_151709.jpg

So this started yesterday. On morning, nothing happened. I turned off the laptop and closed it. then on night, there is a small black spot on bottom left side, and the left side had gray color. Also there were some red/green horizontal lines. Then I tried to restart and close-reopen the laptop, and 1/5 bottom area turned gray. Then I turned it off, and keep the laptop open. And today, somehow its getting worse, and black spot on bottom left decreased.

Is it cracked? There is nothing happened on that day. Or is it burnt? Or maybe there are some dust particle stuck inside? Help me please!

Last edited:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
I am guessing that your LCD screen is dying, plain and simple.

Is your laptop still under warranty?

This is what Wikipedia says about such issues:
Defective pixel - Wikipedia

I would suggest that you backup everything stored on your laptop, before eventually attempting to try to fix anything yourself.

Fyi, some people say that stuck pixels can be fixed by running pixel-fixing software, but I myself never succeeded. Some also mention 'manual' methods. But be aware that it could also make things worse...

For your information:
How to Fix a Stuck Pixel on an LCD Monitor

...but again, I would personally send it for repairs.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It looks like something has impacted the display. You can even see a crack...

This can happen if something heavy was placed on it, or if someone stood on it, or if someone hit it with something solid. The black part is caused by the back light diffuser being distorted behind the LCD layer so that light is no longer distributed from the area. The white part is a result of a broken LCD connection matrix so that the LCD pixels cannot be controlled over part of the display.

In short your display has been physically broken. You will need a new display.

Reactions: pyf
Status
Not open for further replies.